ShotsTrust Letter to Rushmoor Borough Council

Localshot
Re: ShotsTrust Letter to Rushmoor Borough Council

Post by Localshot » Sun Feb 21, 2021 1:06 pm

Dr Jim Royle wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 6:48 am
Unnecessary attacks!! Hope you can sleep well Jim.
I accept that some Trust members are adamant they know and want what is best, I just happen not to agree with their stance or outlook, thus making me a master criminal in some folks eyes.

As for my sleeping habits ........... whenever I have issues nodding off, I just read a few Trust related posts and I'm off like a light :lol:
Clearly you do not go 'off like a light' as you always seem to post a negative response to any mention of The Trust first. As I am not a Trust member I have limited knowledge of their remit just like I have a limited knowledge of the clubs remit but all I want is for all parties to work together for the greater good and wish others took the same view.

EastbankAndy

Post by EastbankAndy » Sun Feb 21, 2021 1:12 pm

Can we just put this to bed after Richards fact check please? It’s getting very dull.
Let the process continue and I’m sure it will all become public knowledge that the ground will be secure with football to be played there for hundreds of years to come🔴🔵

WTF

Post by WTF » Sun Feb 21, 2021 1:23 pm

EastbankAndy wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 1:12 pm
Can we just put this to bed after Richards fact check please? It’s getting very dull.
Let the process continue and I’m sure it will all become public knowledge that the ground will be secure with football to be played there for hundreds of years to come🔴🔵
Yes it would be great to put to bed if only the BOD/Chairman had answered the communications sent in the first place from the Trust. Simple really......

EastbankAndy

Post by EastbankAndy » Sun Feb 21, 2021 2:14 pm

Don’t let facts get in the way of a good argument 😂

Shots1954

Post by Shots1954 » Sun Feb 21, 2021 2:33 pm

EastbankAndy wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 2:14 pm
Don’t let facts get in the way of a good argument 😂
Yes I agree Andy, the fact is that the BOD could have answered a legitimate question from a shareholder and there would have been no argument!

EastbankAndy

Post by EastbankAndy » Sun Feb 21, 2021 2:51 pm

Yes I agree from a Shareholder. If that shareholder happens to be a member of the Trust then it’s a difficult one.
Remember that the Trust inexplicably withdrew their seat from the board(for what ever reason). Did they put it to their members before making that decision? If they were still represented on the Board then there would be none of the speculation and petty arguments . The Chairman is quite within his rights to think why should he even entertain their requests. It’s obvious that he respects the Supporters Club more....... just my humble opinion😇

Shots1954

Post by Shots1954 » Sun Feb 21, 2021 3:01 pm

EastbankAndy wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 2:51 pm
Yes I agree from a Shareholder. If that shareholder happens to be a member of the Trust then it’s a difficult one.
Remember that the Trust inexplicably withdrew their seat from the board(for what ever reason). Did they put it to their members before making that decision? If they were still represented on the Board then there would be none of the speculation and petty arguments . The Chairman is quite within his rights to think why should he even entertain their requests. It’s obvious that he respects the Supporters Club more....... just my humble opinion😇
Yes I agree Andy but regardless of anything they, The Trust are Shareholders who have rights, the same as in any business. I'm sure the committee of The Trust would have rubber stamped the stepping down? It's such a shame this is causing the issues it is.

If there is nothing to hide then why not be simply open about the whole thing so it's put to bed and we can all move on and enjoy our football!

WTF

Post by WTF » Sun Feb 21, 2021 8:31 pm

Shots1954 wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 3:01 pm
EastbankAndy wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 2:51 pm
Yes I agree Andy but regardless of anything they, The Trust are Shareholders who have rights, the same as in any business. I'm sure the committee of The Trust would have rubber stamped the stepping down? It's such a shame this is causing the issues it is.

If there is nothing to hide then why not be simply open about the whole thing so it's put to bed and we can all move on and enjoy our football!
Very good point 1954!

ShotOnTarget

Post by ShotOnTarget » Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:24 am

Richard Petty wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:09 pm
It does seem that the Trust not knowing the details of the lease may very well have raised the questions but it seems also clear that the council and the football club had quite rightly already ensured in May 2019 six months prior to the Trusts representations that the lease was going to be with the football club and that any future development would be for the benefit of the football club and that safeguards were already clearly in place to ensure that remained the case. If that is the case which the minutes seem to indicate then can they really claim credit for something that had already been done.
The Trust have an explicit duty to ensure absolute accuracy on this matter. I hope they will set the record straight and we don't have another set of disputed facts which serves nobody well.

Dr Jim Royle

Post by Dr Jim Royle » Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:54 am

The Trust have an explicit duty to ensure absolute accuracy on this matter. I hope they will set the record straight and we don't have another set of disputed facts which serves nobody well.
I think RP's message has put to bed now any concerns the Trust raised and also tells their members some actual conversations etc which took place between BOD & RBC.

Really now think folk keeping going on about the BOD or Chairman may have other axes to grind, they are not fans of Shahid so only they know why or what their reasons are continuing to be critical by asking same questions that had been answered, dealt with ages ago now.

When I think back to 1992 or the two other times our Club has near died, the Chairmen got less stick seemingly when at the helm than a current Chairman who basically has came into a Club when on its knees and along with us long suffering fans who again dug deep, has at least got the Club on a more even keel, one with a 118 year lease and ground development on the horizon. Granted, things on the pitch have seen better days but until the mystical Russian Arabian King with American Oil Baron parents come in for us .........

Dom Sterlings Left Leg

Post by Dom Sterlings Left Leg » Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:19 am

The point you appear to entirely miss which is the worry to me is that the club is only on an even keel thanks to shares being sold to cover large losses.

I believe all shares issued have now been sold? Im no business man but is this a good position to be in??

Its great the BOD has managed to find investors in recent times to plug the gaps but my question would be why did we need this in the first place and what does that say about the running of the club? Also, what a shame that investment couldnt have been put to better use??

Im sure there was a comment made from a fans forum some time ago that the club hopes to be financially viable again (or words to that effect) after so many years of the redevelopment being finished. It seems we are pinning a lot on the redevelopment if this is true which worrys me and the oportunity of benefiting from this once in a life time oportunity may get weakend as a result.

It would be typically Aldershot to redevelop our ground but see no improvement in the clubs fortunes.

Now covid has come, clearly not the BODs fault where does that leave the club now we know the season will continue with question marks over financing the rest of the season with no fans in the ground..

These are all worrys which im sure im not the only one to have.

I have never been a member of the trust and never particularly had high hopes for it but at least they seem prepared to ask questions.. Albeit against a back drop of seeming antaganism on their part and paranoia on the clubs..

Que usual why dont you ask a question to Butts etc etc.

ShotOnTarget

Post by ShotOnTarget » Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:36 pm

Dr Jim Royle wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:54 am
When I think back to 1992 or the two other times our Club has near died, the Chairmen got less stick seemingly when at the helm than a current Chairman who basically has came into a Club when on its knees and along with us long suffering fans who again dug deep, has at least got the Club on a more even keel, one with a 118 year lease and ground development on the horizon.
If you think back to just before 92, the reasons why the chaimen never got stick was that the problems seemed to come to light rather quickly. In fact, they arose very soon after grandiose plans were announced for the redevelopment of the Rec. That I am sure is just coincidental and I am in no way suggesting that the current plans are an indication of the same. If this facility is developed thoughtfully and the ownership structure is suitable formed, its something we can look forward to celebrating unanimously.

WTF

Post by WTF » Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:46 pm

ShotOnTarget wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:36 pm
Dr Jim Royle wrote:
When I think back to 1992 or the two other times our Club has near died, the Chairmen got less stick seemingly when at the helm than a current Chairman who basically has came into a Club when on its knees and along with us long suffering fans who again dug deep, has at least got the Club on a more even keel, one with a 118 year lease and ground development on the horizon.
If you think back to just before 92, the reasons why the chaimen never got stick was that the problems seemed to come to light rather quickly. In fact, they arose very soon after grandiose plans were announced for the redevelopment of the Rec. That I am sure is just coincidental and I am in no way suggesting that the current plans are an indication of the same. If this facility is developed thoughtfully and the ownership structure is suitable formed, its something we can look forward to celebrating unanimously.
I believe that is what the Trust are trying to protect but get no answer to questions they ask of the Club/Chairman it appears, which is their right as shareholders. I'm not sure why this happens!

ShotOnTarget

Post by ShotOnTarget » Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:53 pm

WTF wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:46 pm
ShotOnTarget wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:36 pm
Dr Jim Royle wrote:
I believe that is what the Trust are trying to protect but get no answer to questions they ask of the Club/Chairman it appears, which is their right as shareholders. I'm not sure why this happens!
tbh, given the history of football in Aldershot, I can't understand the resistance to such a simple issue by some of the supporters.

Candour would go a long way, regardless.

tonygodfrey

Post by tonygodfrey » Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:44 pm

Given the recent history of the Trust, I can perfectly understand the Board's reluctance to talk to them.

(Apart from that, i am a shareholder in Unilever but I wouldn't expect the Chairman to answer a bunch of ill informed questions from me either.)