ShotsTrust Letter to Rushmoor Borough Council

EastbankAndy
Re: ShotsTrust Letter to Rushmoor Borough Council

Post by EastbankAndy » Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:48 pm

Well said Tony. Too many people on here think they are entitled to know everything. It’s quite sad actually.......

Kevin Carlin

Post by Kevin Carlin » Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:13 pm

tonygodfrey wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:44 pm
Given the recent history of the Trust, I can perfectly understand the Board's reluctance to talk to them.

(Apart from that, i am a shareholder in Unilever but I wouldn't expect the Chairman to answer a bunch of ill informed questions from me either.)
It does seems odd that they have turned down offer of money though especially in these unprecedented times.

Shots1954

Post by Shots1954 » Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:16 pm

EastbankAndy wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:48 pm
Well said Tony. Too many people on here think they are entitled to know everything. It’s quite sad actually.......
If you have bought shares you are entitled to know everything as YOUR money is at stake, so in my book the Trust have and are doing the right thing, the board may not like that but legally speaking I believe they have to.

WTF

Post by WTF » Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:24 pm

Shots1954 wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:16 pm
EastbankAndy wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:48 pm
If you have bought shares you are entitled to know everything as YOUR money is at stake, so in my book the Trust have and are doing the right thing, the board may not like that but legally speaking I believe they have to.
I think the Companies Act 2006 may cover this!

ShotOnTarget

Post by ShotOnTarget » Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:03 pm

Well it comes down to who you believe the stakeholders are.

It possibly might not be obligatory to share info with shareholders on the project for a number of reasons but if you believe that stakeholders include supporters and the wider community, it would seem quite reasonable to expect details to be shared. If you believe the stakeholders and those who are legally entitled to the information are one and the same, then so be it. It's another valid persepective.

As for the Trust withdrawing their seat on the board, this might not have made any difference in this situation due to confidentiality clauses. Such clauses could have the effect of preventing info being shared with members, even if the Trust board member on the board adjudges that the info would be of interest to members. Sharing such info could (and has done at other Trusts) lead to litigation.

Bizarrely, asking these questions in public renders it more likely for info to be shared or at least allows identification of those questions that for one reason or another do not yield an answer. This would not be possible if a Trust board member sat on the board.

For this and other reasons, a seat on the board for a supporters organisation is a double edged sword and often a frustrating burden.

Birdman

Post by Birdman » Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:08 pm

tonygodfrey wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:44 pm
Given the recent history of the Trust, I can perfectly understand the Board's reluctance to talk to them.

(Apart from that, i am a shareholder in Unilever but I wouldn't expect the Chairman to answer a bunch of ill informed questions from me either.)
Hang on, I’m just checking the share price to see if it’s worthwhile trying to get you on the Board.

Dr Jim Royle

Post by Dr Jim Royle » Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:40 pm

I have shares in several companies, every year is a "shareholders" meeting, if unable to go you get minutes sent to you. In the unlikely need for a vote on something you are balloted. If there is anything worthwhile that shareholders really need to know about, they are contacted. If I don't like the way my shares are performing, I sell them. Simples. Any Company that has a BOD, they are elected to act in your best interests.

So if I'm guessing right, The Trust want our BOD to resign, but not cash in their shares, run our Club on their minority share holding because they are the ones who are acting in the best interest of us fans.

If only I'd realised !!!

EastbankAndy

Post by EastbankAndy » Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:48 pm

Dr Dr...... this is Shotsweb, facts and shareholder rights don’t apply here obviously 😂😂😂😂😂😂

Kevin Carlin

Post by Kevin Carlin » Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:14 pm

Dr Jim Royle wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:40 pm
I have shares in several companies, every year is a "shareholders" meeting, if unable to go you get minutes sent to you. In the unlikely need for a vote on something you are balloted. If there is anything worthwhile that shareholders really need to know about, they are contacted. If I don't like the way my shares are performing, I sell them. Simples. Any Company that has a BOD, they are elected to act in your best interests.

So if I'm guessing right, The Trust want our BOD to resign, but not cash in their shares, run our Club on their minority share holding because they are the ones who are acting in the best interest of us fans.

If only I'd realised !!!
No you are guessing wrong :roll:

ShotOnTarget

Post by ShotOnTarget » Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:08 am

Dr Jim Royle wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:40 pm
I hope you're not a betting man!