Post by 15-4-08 » Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:51 pm

tonygodfrey wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 5:55 pm
Localshot wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 2:02 pm
tonygodfrey wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 1:43 pm
[

They do not represent me and wish they would stop claiming that they have some sort of mandate from supporters.
They may not represent you(as you are perfectly entitled) but they do represent a sizeable number of fans and therefore are entitled to act on their behalf. That is what an elected committee is for. There are also non-members who have raised the lease matters on this site so you could say they are also representing them.
Have no problem with them querying the lease. You'd very much hope that Rushmoor's solicitors would be fully across all of that anyway.

But certainly do have a problem with them claiming to have a mandate of some sort from Shots fans which they definitely do not.
Do they not have a mandate from their members??

collieboy
Re: ShotsTrust Letter to Rushmoor Borough Council

Post by collieboy » Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:19 pm

The one statement i found to be key in all of this, and it really should be for everyone else that wants this proud club of ours to move forward, was the Councilor representing the Council at a meeting for us fans, quote-(The current board under Shahid, had formed the best relationship RBC had ever had with the club), which is why we are within touching distance of the ground development, BUT NO TRUST MENTIONED.
So now we have a situation where the Trust have started to put up obstacles in front of the ground, to prevent the Bulldozers, Why?, well my firm belief is that they personally want to run the club, and take the plaudits from future Development, I hear a few posters quoting Trust membership figures, if anyone posting on this topic, had actually seen the Meeting between RBC and the Trust, maybe you to would then question their motives and Membership figures as the Councilors did, and they did look rather sheepish.

Localshot

Post by Localshot » Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:27 pm

collieboy wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:19 pm

So now we have a situation where the Trust have started to put up obstacles in front of the ground, to prevent the Bulldozers,
They have rightly asked questions. Not sure where the obstacles are. Perhaps you could enlighten us. Personally I want everyone to work together and accept that they will not always agree on some subjects. Seems like problems on all sides.

ShotOnTarget

Post by ShotOnTarget » Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:37 pm

collieboy wrote:
So now we have a situation where the Trust have started to put up obstacles in front of the ground, to prevent the Bulldozers, Why?, well my firm belief is that they personally want to run the club, and take the plaudits from future Development
I have never heard that the Trust want to prevent development and the only time the Trust has given any attention to the possibility of running a football club was when it looked like we could lose football in Aldershot once again a few years back.

Exagerated assumptions sometimes have the habit of becoming the de-facto truth when it comes to the Trust as far as I can make out.

The real facts are rather less entertaining of course.

WTF

Post by WTF » Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:48 pm

Localshot wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 4:27 pm
collieboy wrote:

So now we have a situation where the Trust have started to put up obstacles in front of the ground, to prevent the Bulldozers,
They have rightly asked questions. Not sure where the obstacles are. Perhaps you could enlighten us. Personally I want everyone to work together and accept that they will not always agree on some subjects. Seems like problems on all sides.
Exactly Local, they have merely asked questions which should have been answered by the Club, there are no obstacles. And yes we do all want people to work together but if there is silence on one side it makes you wonder if there is anything being hidden....

Richard Petty

Post by Richard Petty » Mon Feb 15, 2021 5:04 pm

ShotOnTarget wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 2:44 pm
Dr Jim Royle wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 2:05 pm
And I really did not like the way they have conducted themselves by writing to the Council almost giving them the air of being the people that are entitled to be kept informed at the top table, they do NOT sit on the BOD so do not see why they see themselves above others.
They ARE entitled to ask questions, it's just that some people don't like it and never have done which might hint at why the Trust has struggled to gain a foothold. They are an incorporated body with hundreds of shareholders and part of a National body recognised by the football authories and the government. In fact, it could be argued that the Trust have a greater entitlement than that the club in terms of a seat at the table but that's a whole new discussion bringing in constitutional matters, past history, the status of the ground as a publically owned facility etc etc

It's been raised before but part of this Q&A is how this project will impact the Club. e.g will the redeveloped stadium be gifted to the current company? Should we infer that the Clubs ownership structure will change? Will RBC hold shares? And these important questions are before we get to the nitty-gritty of what the objectives of the project are in terms of potential uses beyond it's use by the current incumbants.

It seem's that were going round in circles here. These questions and many, many more could do with being answered and the best (if not perfect) option is that the Trust is the body to ask them, in the absence of any independent, organised group.
Just a fact check here SOT if the National body that you refer to is the Football Supporters Association (FSA) then your not quite right on that as the Trust are still suspended from the FSA and have been for well over a year maybe even starting to get closer to two years. Without that membership I am not sure that the Trust has any official standing.

The supporters club on the other hand is a member of the FSA so do they have an official standing

ShotOnTarget

Post by ShotOnTarget » Mon Feb 15, 2021 5:22 pm

Richard Petty wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 5:04 pm
ShotOnTarget wrote:
Dr Jim Royle wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 2:05 pm
And I really did not like the way they have conducted themselves by writing to the Council almost giving them the air of being the people that are entitled to be kept informed at the top table, they do NOT sit on the BOD so do not see why they see themselves above others.
They ARE entitled to ask questions, it's just that some people don't like it and never have done which might hint at why the Trust has struggled to gain a foothold. They are an incorporated body with hundreds of shareholders and part of a National body recognised by the football authories and the government. In fact, it could be argued that the Trust have a greater entitlement than that the club in terms of a seat at the table but that's a whole new discussion bringing in constitutional matters, past history, the status of the ground as a publically owned facility etc etc

It's been raised before but part of this Q&A is how this project will impact the Club. e.g will the redeveloped stadium be gifted to the current company? Should we infer that the Clubs ownership structure will change? Will RBC hold shares? And these important questions are before we get to the nitty-gritty of what the objectives of the project are in terms of potential uses beyond it's use by the current incumbants.

It seem's that were going round in circles here. These questions and many, many more could do with being answered and the best (if not perfect) option is that the Trust is the body to ask them, in the absence of any independent, organised group.

Just a fact check here SOT if the National body that you refer to is the Football Supporters Association (FSA) then your not quite right on that as the Trust are still suspended from the FSA and have been for well over a year maybe even starting to get closer to two years. Without that membership I am not sure that the Trust has any official standing.

The supporters club on the other hand is a member of the FSA so do they have an official standing
Thanks Richard. I was unaware their membership remained suspended. I stand corrected. The supporters club may well be a member but are, however, unincorporated and their independence is debateable whereas the Trust is a fully-fledged Community Benefit Society.

Richard Petty

Post by Richard Petty » Mon Feb 15, 2021 5:41 pm

ShotOnTarget wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 5:22 pm
Richard Petty wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 5:04 pm
ShotOnTarget wrote:

Thanks Richard. I was unaware their membership remained suspended. I stand corrected. The supporters club may well be a member but are, however, unincorporated and their independence is debateable whereas the Trust is a fully-fledged Community Benefit Society.
The Supporters club are full affiliate members of the FSA though (not just associate members) which means that they have satisfied the FSA criteria as outlined in this quote from the FSA website: https://thefsa.org.uk/

"Affiliate membership: For supporters’ groups who fulfil key criteria relating to constitution, affordability, independence, democratic structure, annual accounts and diversity".

However I wouldn't dispute the other point you made about the Trust being a Community Benefit Society as you know more about the original structuring of the Trust than I do.

Birdman

Post by Birdman » Mon Feb 15, 2021 5:47 pm

It took me a little while to find the membership page :- https://thefsa.org.uk/about/affiliates-and-associates/

Localshot

Post by Localshot » Mon Feb 15, 2021 6:14 pm

As the new Supporters Club was initiated and guided by the football club I would question using the word 'independence'.

Richard Petty

Post by Richard Petty » Mon Feb 15, 2021 6:17 pm

Localshot wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 6:14 pm
As the new Supporters Club was initiated and guided by the football club I would question using the word 'independence'.
I think you will find it was Ray from the Crimea that initiated it, I am fairly sure that he approached Mark Butler who then went to the board to ask if they would recognise it which they agreed to.

Crowthorne

Post by Crowthorne » Mon Feb 15, 2021 6:19 pm

Peoples Front of Judea, Judean Peoples Front part 427.

ACA

Post by ACA » Mon Feb 15, 2021 6:39 pm

What happened to the Popular Front?

Richard Petty

Post by Richard Petty » Mon Feb 15, 2021 6:39 pm

ACA wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 6:39 pm
They lost their popularity

Crowthorne

Post by Crowthorne » Mon Feb 15, 2021 6:50 pm

ACA wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 6:39 pm
He joined the liberal Democrats and disappeared with the unelected party switchers.