Solihull Match Thread

Anon E Mouse
Re: Solihull Match Thread

Post by Anon E Mouse » Wed Feb 17, 2021 5:26 pm

Bob wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 5:23 pm
Crowthorne wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 5:06 pm
I wonder if there are any more Hollywood stars looking to buy a British "soccer" club.
More chance of George and Mildred running our club, Wrexham much more appealing than us sadly!
I'd snap your hand off for the first one of those being involved DP.

They will probably all appear with our shiny new stadium and our current board walking away with their money firmly back.

Kevin Carlin

Post by Kevin Carlin » Wed Feb 17, 2021 5:37 pm

As somebody previously said in a post apathy will be our biggest opponent and we have that in bundles at the moment.

ChinehamShot

Post by ChinehamShot » Wed Feb 17, 2021 5:59 pm

I have enjoyed reading these comments this afternoon. It shows that we all care deeply about the Club. Our opinions show a unity and that is great, some of the measured comments really do show that we love our club and you can't ask for more than that.
I must however take a mild issue with Alex's post. Alex, did you watch the same game as the rest of us? Did you even watch it at all?
We are trying to get across that it wasn't the result that upset us (it did) but THE WAY WE PLAYED! Can't you see it??
Your loyalty is to be praised but anyone with a basic understanding of football saw last night that we were abysmal from the word go, and this happens more and more over the seasons.
How you don't (or won't) accept that is baffling, to be frank.

Jimbo68

Post by Jimbo68 » Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:00 pm

As has been said apathy sets in,lost interest in the premier league,don't watch match of the day, don't even listen to shots on radio,only check result the next day just falling out of love with football a year ago used to do opposite of above now can't be bothered need something to get the passion back sham after following shots for over 50 years

Anon E Mouse

Post by Anon E Mouse » Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:03 pm

I have had a fair few digs at Alex recently as I really cant associate with his thinking or his happiness level but I really have to admire his unquestioning support and positive outlook. Its impressive and being that happy about what is happening / often served, is a credit to him if a tad mystifying.

Anon E Mouse

Post by Anon E Mouse » Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:08 pm

Jimbo68 wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:00 pm
As has been said apathy sets in,lost interest in the premier league,don't watch match of the day, don't even listen to shots on radio,only check result the next day just falling out of love with football a year ago used to do opposite of above now can't be bothered need something to get the passion back sham after following shots for over 50 years
You arent on your own jimbo. I have done most of that too apart from a passing interest in Utd that is also waning with the way they play and I cant quite bring myself to giving up on the Shots. The days of paying money to watch them play like last night are very very numbered.
I wont be streaming Saturday in the vague hope we will become world class again and will of missed it but it happened. Breath not being held.

ChinehamShot

Post by ChinehamShot » Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:09 pm

Anon E Mouse wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:03 pm
I have had a fair few digs at Alex recently as I really cant associate with his thinking or his happiness level but I really have to admire his unquestioning support and positive outlook. Its impressive and being that happy about what is happening / often served, is a credit to him if a tad mystifying.
Very politely put. Blind faith, and all that...

Dr Jim Royle

Post by Dr Jim Royle » Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:09 pm

Alex and our younger fans are the next life and soul of our club, it’ll be their opinions that matter more and more over the next few years. I’ll not have a go at the fella these days, he is entitled to his view.

Only thing I’d ask is that they at least understand how others feel.

Bob

Post by Bob » Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:24 pm

I’m missing the day out, walking to the station and a few beers after the game probably a bit more than the game these days, away games I’m seriously missing specially the northern beast hunting weekends, not watching us lose to crap fanless clubs like wood and Eastleigh is a blessing in disguise

Anon E Mouse

Post by Anon E Mouse » Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:29 pm

Dr Jim Royle wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:09 pm
Alex and our younger fans are the next life and soul of our club, it’ll be their opinions that matter more and more over the next few years. I’ll not have a go at the fella these days, he is entitled to his view.

Only thing I’d ask is that they at least understand how others feel.
Everyone is always and should always be entitled to their view. As said, however mystifying.
They are probably happier individuals but with much much lower expectations.

Anon E Mouse

Post by Anon E Mouse » Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:30 pm

ChinehamShot wrote:
Anon E Mouse wrote:
I am a very nice and polite person. That's why I get so deeply upset when people call me a **** :lol:

Birdman

Post by Birdman » Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:26 pm

Anon E Mouse wrote:
I hope that Alex doesn’t mind me say this but, I’m of the opinion that it’s not necessarily happiness as such but more a case of a reluctant acceptance of where the club is both on and off the pitch during this pandemic. The club has no money as such, there’s very little money (if any) coming in and none of us genuinely know what the future holds. Trying to be positive can be a great help, as difficult as it may be at times.

I fully accept that the last two and a half seasons haven’t been good for us supporters what with finishing in a relegation place, a curtailed season where I’m of the opinion that we would have been fortunate to have avoided another relegation place and a current season that is just ‘unreal’ what with covid postponements, no crowds and where our football has been so-so at best.

Birdman

Post by Birdman » Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:27 pm

Anon E Mouse wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:30 pm
ChinehamShot wrote:
Anon E Mouse wrote:
I am a very nice and polite person. That's why I get so deeply upset when people call me a **** :lol:
It’s alright, Mousey, you can say ‘clot’. :)

Anon E Mouse

Post by Anon E Mouse » Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:30 pm

Birdman wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:27 pm
Anon E Mouse wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:30 pm
ChinehamShot wrote:

It’s alright, Mousey, you can say ‘clot’. :)
Clot it is then :D

Bob

Post by Bob » Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:06 pm

I know where the club is, in the past we played and beat clubs like Bournemouth Brentford Exeter Bradford and Swindon all in the last 10/12 years, go back further and we played and beat Portsmouth Watford Sheffield United Swansea palace and Reading, now we’re losing to the footballing giants boreham wood Bromley Solihull Eastleigh which is disastrous