Re: Solihull Match Thread

Post by Shots Fired » Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:25 am

karlready wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:58 am
Richard Petty wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:35 am
EV wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:33 pm
I have read it all, I see, hear everyone's downbeat feelings. But still the positives to be had. We all have differing views, but I would rather support what we have in anyway I can to help the club through these difficult times & try to urge the players to come back stronger which they are very capable of.
This is actually a very good post and deserves re reading and actually thinking about.
Agree, my view has always been that the squad is decent and capable of much more than we are seeing. But there is no leadership on the pitch, and it often appears that there is little inspiration or motivation from the dressing room. And often tactics ,player positioning and substitutions are baffling. Down to the manager, I’m afraid.
This is spot on in my view. I actually think the squad is better than the league position suggests and we’re under performing. Buck stops with the management.

EV

Post by EV » Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:11 am

Thank you Richard. I hardly ever write on here as I always remain positive, against the tide I realise so there is usually little point in communicating.
Over 51 years supporting and I still burst with desire each day that I can support my lads next game.!
Talking of communication and I said this along time ago, anyone can email Shahid to ask questions or request a call. Henry Port is of course available by email to put questions to for the midweek show.
Lots of players are on twitter and Instagram, I'm old but even I do both.! And yes I'm a mature groupie !
When we do all return for a game my hope (never happen) is just for one match everyone was on the same page and everyone filled the air with colour, cheering, positivity, support loud and proud. That kind of support can carry a team to victory.!

Boundary Mike
Solihull Match Thread

Post by Boundary Mike » Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:42 am

EV wrote:Thank you Richard. I hardly ever write on here as I always remain positive, against the tide I realise so there is usually little point in communicating.
Over 51 years supporting and I still burst with desire each day that I can support my lads next game.!
Talking of communication and I said this along time ago, anyone can email Shahid to ask questions or request a call. Henry Port is of course available by email to put questions to for the midweek show.
Lots of players are on twitter and Instagram, I'm old but even I do both.! And yes I'm a mature groupie !
When we do all return for a game my hope (never happen) is just for one match everyone was on the same page and everyone filled the air with colour, cheering, positivity, support loud and proud. That kind of support can carry a team to victory.!
This Image
Mind you, I only ever heard positives when I attended games both last December and prior to lockdown1 The only real negatives I ever witness is via this media channel. Hence why I personally distance from it as much as I can Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Cph.shots

Post by Cph.shots » Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:26 am

Boundary Mike wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:42 am
EV wrote:Thank you Richard. I hardly ever write on here as I always remain positive, against the tide I realise so there is usually little point in communicating.
This Image
Mind you, I only ever heard positives when I attended games both last December and prior to lockdown1 The only real negatives I ever witness is via this media channel. Hence why I personally distance from it as much as I can Image

I must admit, I do hear plenty of moaning in the North Stand, the few times a year when I'm there.
Actually witnessed a punch up once between a "moaner" and a "non moaner".

Richard Petty

Post by Richard Petty » Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:44 am

Cph.shots wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:26 am
Boundary Mike wrote:
This Image

I must admit, I do hear plenty of moaning in the North Stand, the few times a year when I'm there.
Actually witnessed a punch up once between a "moaner" and a "non moaner".
I remember a lady who was always complaining about something, she was a right moaner, I think her name was Lisa. She had a very enigmatic smile did Moaner Lisa.

Boundary Mike

Post by Boundary Mike » Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:14 pm

I suppose at least we don’t have an official ‘moaners corner’ as others/other has. Ahem

Richard Petty

Post by Richard Petty » Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:43 pm

Boundary Mike wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:14 pm
I suppose at least we don’t have an official ‘moaners corner’ as others/other has. Ahem

Ours wouldn't fit into a corner :lol:

Anon E Mouse

Post by Anon E Mouse » Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:59 pm

Richard Petty wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:43 pm
Boundary Mike wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:14 pm

Ours wouldn't fit into a corner :lol:
We arent great at corners :lol:

EastbankAndy

Post by EastbankAndy » Fri Feb 19, 2021 5:00 pm

Boundary Mike wrote:
This Image

I’m the same Mike. Luckily this message board doesn’t represent the majority of Aldershot Supporters. It’s just used as a place to vent anger and frustration

Kevin Carlin

Post by Kevin Carlin » Fri Feb 19, 2021 5:26 pm

It’s ok if it’s constructive criticism and not personal. On the other hand some people can’t see anything wrong at all and at times need to wake up and smell the coffee.

EV

Post by EV » Fri Feb 19, 2021 7:51 pm

I think it's a great shame that players such as Kodie know they aren't appreciated, he may make mistakes, all players do, he gives his all and we expect him to play for our 'shirt'.
I remember chatting with Dave Winfields mum once & he was just starting out & in a poor side. But she said how gutted he felt at the personal comments shouted out & he took it to heart. He grew into a fine old style defender and like Kodie was learning his trade with us. We should always back our players & support them through the bad times or the errors until they do become the finished article, in just my personal view.

Kevin Carlin

Post by Kevin Carlin » Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:18 pm

Yeah it’s bang out of order when it becomes personal and the cockwombles saying it would say absolutely nothing to their faces.

SHOTSMAN68

Post by SHOTSMAN68 » Sun Feb 21, 2021 3:50 pm

SHOTSMAN68 wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 11:08 pm
I had two choices tonight either watch my favourite team for £11-99 and probably be depressed at the final whistle or watch my second favourite team PSG on bt sport which i pay £10-99 a month for , I choose PSG and what a great watch that was , and felt really pleased that i choose the right game.
Would have rather my favourite team had won though. But it seems whenever you tune into a shots game you certainly dont get your monies worth. Instead of that horrible feeling you get after watching the shots lose, at least ive seen some impressive football tonight.
Will stream the wrexham game but if I dont see us play some decent footy this will be my last stream on saturday
I love the shots but im not paying to watch rubbish so they had better wake up from there winter hibernation this saturday..
got my monies worth today, well done shots keep it going
nouble played a corker as did all the players
will keep on streaming both home and away

HarryTom

Post by HarryTom » Sun Feb 21, 2021 4:43 pm

SHOTSMAN68 wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 3:50 pm
SHOTSMAN68 wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 11:08 pm
I had two choices tonight either watch my favourite team for £11-99 and probably be depressed at the final whistle or watch my second favourite team PSG on bt sport which i pay £10-99 a month for , I choose PSG and what a great watch that was , and felt really pleased that i choose the right game.
Would have rather my favourite team had won though. But it seems whenever you tune into a shots game you certainly dont get your monies worth. Instead of that horrible feeling you get after watching the shots lose, at least ive seen some impressive football tonight.
Will stream the wrexham game but if I dont see us play some decent footy this will be my last stream on saturday
I love the shots but im not paying to watch rubbish so they had better wake up from there winter hibernation this saturday..
got my monies worth today, well done shots keep it going
nouble played a corker as did all the players
will keep on streaming both home and away
Shame your on the wrong thread :oops:

Old Bob

Post by Old Bob » Sun Feb 21, 2021 5:36 pm

EV wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:11 am
Thank you Richard. I hardly ever write on here as I always remain positive, against the tide I realise so there is usually little point in communicating.
Well good for you, EV. You have as much right to communicate on here as anyone. It's natural that people will disagree with you. Oftentimes, I disagree with you. That's life. It certainly does not mean that there is no point to your posts.

Keep on supporting and posting!