Cobblers!!

HarryTom
Re: Cobblers!!

Post by HarryTom » Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:32 pm

Old Bob wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:09 pm
HarryTom wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:48 pm
Rather a silly response ref Boris Old Bob, as this would never happen !! Maybe those whose backed Alex Ferguson after his not so good start at Man Utd went with their gut feeling, and hey presto ! Not saying it's going to happen to Danny like that,but use that gut of your's now again Old Bob, you never know, you could become one of OUR pals !!
Well I hope we are pals, HT! It's part of life's rich tapestry to cross swords with people of varied opinions. If we do it with proper respect for each other, we are not going to fall out over it 8)
Absolutely Old Bob, totally agree with your sentiments, it's been a pleasure as you say, to cross swords with each other,looking forward already to my next foray with you ! and of course pals we are :D

GetShotDownunder

Post by GetShotDownunder » Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:41 pm

Blimey the mental image of crossing swords is at odds with my brunch! :wink: :lol:

pamham

Post by pamham » Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:29 pm

One of the interesting observations I made, re the match was the number of changes made at the start of the game, to what previously has been conceived as the popular eleven.
The dynamics changed dramatically, with the new lads adding much needed energy and pace to the game.
I've often thought with the continuous pressure of two games a week, that alternating the squad using larger numbers of changes, would help maintain the required energy to every game. It's interesting that teams with large squads in the higher divisions adopt this attitude.
I cannot make up my mind whether it was forced on the Manager or whether he had a stroke of genius, I like to think the latter.

Farncombe Shot

Post by Farncombe Shot » Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:47 pm

pamham wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:29 pm
One of the interesting observations I made, re the match was the number of changes made at the start of the game, to what previously has been conceived as the popular eleven.
The dynamics changed dramatically, with the new lads adding much needed energy and pace to the game.
I've often thought with the continuous pressure of two games a week, that alternating the squad using larger numbers of changes, would help maintain the required energy to every game. It's interesting that teams with large squads in the higher divisions adopt this attitude.
I cannot make up my mind whether it was forced on the Manager or whether he had a stroke of genius, I like to think the latter.
My guess is that with two defenders suspended and others injured that it was forced upon him, but hey, let's hope it was a stroke of genius :wink:

Either way, happy for Danny, in that his team performed for him. Let's hope he has another stroke of genius tonight and his team do it again.

TracoShot

Post by TracoShot » Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:02 pm

Old Bob wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:49 pm
TracoShot wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:51 pm
Need to keep hold of Danny. End of.
Nice line in argumentation, that. I'm impressed you don't see fit to be bothered with any extraneous detail like facts or reasons.
I think even Danny's harshest critics can see the progress we are making. Rome wasnt built in a day but we are clearly making significant progress on the pitch and playing entertaining football at times. Would be a massive blow to the club were he to leave and I appeal to everyone to get fully behind the club for the rest of the season and see where we end up.

Shots2000

Post by Shots2000 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:58 pm

Anon E Mouse wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:33 pm
His stock value will of gone up today.
Evermore so now. A few clubs will be sniffing around now.

Shot to the Shields

Post by Shot to the Shields » Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:04 pm

Shots2000 wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:58 pm
Anon E Mouse wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:33 pm
His stock value will of gone up today.
Evermore so now. A few clubs will be sniffing around now.
What in the conf south? Credit where credit is due, we are starting to look an ok side, could maybe gatecrash the playoffs even. But i’ve no understanding comments like this. I’ve not looked to check tbh, but Pretty sure DS managerial career as a whole is still in negative equity?? more loses, minus goal difference etc

fredandballou

Post by fredandballou » Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:20 pm

The win tonight will have shortened the odds for Danny to be leaving the club. Tonight Colchester United parted company with manager Steve Ball.