Cobblers!!

karlready
Re: Cobblers!!

Post by karlready » Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:36 pm

Yep, Barton was in “play-off” talks with both clubs, and a source at the club got hold of the wrong end of the stick. Much relief in Northamptonshire, apparently...

Bob

Post by Bob » Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:41 pm

Why did fleetwood get rid of him? Thought they were doing ok not that I like them or him in particular

Old Bob

Post by Old Bob » Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:51 pm

HarryTom wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:29 pm
Old Bob wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:24 pm
Alex wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:55 pm

Agree 👍🏻
See my post immediately above. Same comments apply here.
Just a guess, but maybe they think he's the right man for the job, (which i do ) surprised you didn't work that one out for yourself.!
Wrong guess, Harry. The issue is WHY they think he's the right man for the job. Pleased as I am with a 3-0 win against Wrexham, and happy to acknowledge a job well done, that in itself means little when taken in isolation. It has to be balanced against some other frankly awful results, and the general one-step forward two-back pattern that we have grown rather weary of.

We have to wait and see if a corner has really been turned before declaring with complete certainty and zero supporting argument that Danny Searle is the right man for the job. One swallow doesn't make a summer.

HarryTom

Post by HarryTom » Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:56 pm

Old Bob wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:51 pm
HarryTom wrote:
Old Bob wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:24 pm

See my post immediately above. Same comments apply here.
Just a guess, but maybe they think he's the right man for the job, (which i do ) surprised you didn't work that one out for yourself.!
Wrong guess, Harry. The issue is WHY they think he's the right man for the job. Pleased as I am with a 3-0 win against Wrexham, and happy to acknowledge a job well done, that in itself means little when taken in isolation. It has to be balanced against some other frankly awful results, and the general one-step forward two-back pattern that we have grown rather weary of.

We have to wait and see if a corner has really been turned before declaring with complete certainty and zero supporting argument that Danny Searle is the right man for the job. One swallow doesn't make a summer.
Right Guess Old Bob, as i confirmed in my support of Danny as well in my post. Lets call it a gut feeling, that's WHY we think he's the right man !

Old Bob

Post by Old Bob » Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:03 pm

Bob wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:41 pm
Why did fleetwood get rid of him? Thought they were doing ok not that I like them or him in particular
Apparently, his readiness to engage in fights with his own players had something to do with it, along with his forthcoming trial for assault.

Joey Barton is a known quantity, so you have to wonder why they appointed him in the first place. He was never going to turn into a choir boy overnight. As for Bristol Rovers, well, I hope they are very happy together.

Bob

Post by Bob » Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:11 pm

Old Bob wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:03 pm
Bob wrote:
Apparently, his readiness to engage in fights with his own players had something to do with it, along with his forthcoming trial for assault.

Joey Barton is a known quantity, so you have to wonder why they appointed him in the first place. He was never going to turn into a choir boy overnight. As for Bristol Rovers, well, I hope they are very happy together.
He’s a nasty sod, I wonder if he’ll do a press conference in a Bristol accent 😎

Old Bob

Post by Old Bob » Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:29 pm

HarryTom wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:56 pm
Old Bob wrote:
HarryTom wrote:

Right Guess Old Bob, as i confirmed in my support of Danny as well in my post. Lets call it a gut feeling, that's WHY we think he's the right man !
OK, HT. You and your pals go with gut feeling if you will. Other people will go with facts, evidence, that sort of thing.

Just a thought ... what would you make of it if Boris had said this afternoon: Bugger it, I'm going to keep the country locked down for all of 2021 and 2022 too. I don't care what my advisers are saying. I have a GUT FEELING.

HarryTom

Post by HarryTom » Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:48 pm

Old Bob wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:29 pm
HarryTom wrote:
Old Bob wrote:

OK, HT. You and your pals go with gut feeling if you will. Other people will go with facts, evidence, that sort of thing.

Just a thought ... what would you make of it if Boris had said this afternoon: Bugger it, I'm going to keep the country locked down for all of 2021 and 2022 too. I don't care what my advisers are saying. I have a GUT FEELING.
Rather a silly response ref Boris Old Bob, as this would never happen !! Maybe those whose backed Alex Ferguson after his not so good start at Man Utd went with their gut feeling, and hey presto ! Not saying it's going to happen to Danny like that,but use that gut of your's now again Old Bob, you never know, you could become one of OUR pals !!

Crowthorne

Post by Crowthorne » Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:14 pm

At the end of the day any decision will be made by the BoD (majority shareholders). Even if we went on a losing run, they would need to take finances into consideration, paying up contracts employing someone else.
Might as well stick with what we have and take stock at the nd of May.

Birdman

Post by Birdman » Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:02 pm

Old Bob wrote:
HarryTom wrote:
Old Bob wrote:

Not every post on Shotsweb needs to be backed up with facts, statistics, evidence Old Bob. If some individuals feel that DS is for them then so be it. In the same way if others think the opposite then fair enough. In this instance it’s about opinions, not statistical analysis.

Josh

Post by Josh » Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:33 pm

Bob wrote:
Had a bust up with Ched Evans.

Bob

Post by Bob » Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:38 pm

Josh wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:33 pm
Bob wrote:
Had a bust up with Ched Evans.
No surprise there then

Old Bob

Post by Old Bob » Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:43 pm

Birdman wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:02 pm
Old Bob wrote:
HarryTom wrote:

Not every post on Shotsweb needs to be backed up with facts, statistics, evidence Old Bob. If some individuals feel that DS is for them then so be it. In the same way if others think the opposite then fair enough. In this instance it’s about opinions, not statistical analysis.
Fair do's, Birdman. I was simply expressing my personal preference for a bit of support behind opinions. I find that opinions with a bit of thought and reasoning behind them are generally of more value than those of the "blind faith" variety. As I said, let those who are happy with gut feeling carry on. It's just that it's not for me. And to repeat my "silly" ( :lol: ) argument above, I don't think many would be happy if the decisions that really affected their life were based on gut feeling.

Crowthorne

Post by Crowthorne » Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:57 pm

Statistical analysis in football is often subjective. Budgets, injuries and opposition all play a part, but are difficult to factor in.

Old Bob

Post by Old Bob » Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:09 pm

HarryTom wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:48 pm
Rather a silly response ref Boris Old Bob, as this would never happen !! Maybe those whose backed Alex Ferguson after his not so good start at Man Utd went with their gut feeling, and hey presto ! Not saying it's going to happen to Danny like that,but use that gut of your's now again Old Bob, you never know, you could become one of OUR pals !!
Well I hope we are pals, HT! It's part of life's rich tapestry to cross swords with people of varied opinions. If we do it with proper respect for each other, we are not going to fall out over it 8)