NL N&S, ‘null and void’?

Post Reply
Birdman
Posts: 1567
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:47 am
Location: Aldershot
NL N&S, ‘null and void’?

Post by Birdman » Wed Feb 17, 2021 5:39 pm


Richard Petty
Posts: 628
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:12 pm
Location: Farnborough
Re: NL N&S possible ‘null and void’?

Post by Richard Petty » Wed Feb 17, 2021 5:48 pm

Cant see how Dorking can take legal action against the validity of the vote if the vote is to stop their season, its a democratic vote and is the only way it can be decided. And his idea of letting clubs that want to carry on playing to break away from the rest of the league while others stop is crazy, how on earth could you work out the league positions if you did that.

redandbluescb
Posts: 1095
Joined: Sat May 19, 2018 9:29 pm
Re: NL N&S, ‘null and void’?

Post by redandbluescb » Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:30 pm

Wow Mark White of who Dorking Wanderers trying to say the national league teams only voted to stop
relegation this is certainly im allright jack voting but due too money not relegation. He seems to be
saying if he doesnt get his own way he will go through the courts how much money has this bloke got
this will cost a fortune in the court process and he cant win because every club has had a fair vote.

Bob
Posts: 595
Joined: Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:58 pm
Re: NL N&S, ‘null and void’?

Post by Bob » Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:34 pm

redandbluescb wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:30 pm
Wow Mark White of who Dorking Wanderers trying to say the national league teams only voted to stop
relegation this is certainly im allright jack voting but due too money not relegation. He seems to be
saying if he doesnt get his own way he will go through the courts how much money has this bloke got
this will cost a fortune in the court process and he cant win because every club has had a fair vote.
Bloody nutcase Steve, him not you 🦘

redandbluescb
Posts: 1095
Joined: Sat May 19, 2018 9:29 pm
Re: NL N&S, ‘null and void’?

Post by redandbluescb » Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:53 pm

I can imagine the National league are very happy that he has announced the result of the vote.

Dr Jim Royle
Posts: 741
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:21 am
Re: NL N&S, ‘null and void’?

Post by Dr Jim Royle » Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:57 pm

It should be VERY obvious to all by now, those in automatic promotion places or confident of being so will vote to continue, even if it means chasing the cash to do so. Those in relegation places will want it to stop now.

Those Clubs who realise financially it is suicide to carry on will vote stop.

And it'll be VERY obvious somebody is gonna shout loud if they don't get their way ............ think Brexit !!!

IanShots
Posts: 39
Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:12 pm
Re: NL N&S, ‘null and void’?

Post by IanShots » Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:25 pm

Dr Jim Royle wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:57 pm
It should be VERY obvious to all by now, those in automatic promotion places or confident of being so will vote to continue, even if it means chasing the cash to do so. Those in relegation places will want it to stop now.

Those Clubs who realise financially it is suicide to carry on will vote stop.

And it'll be VERY obvious somebody is gonna shout loud if they don't get their way ............ think Brexit !!!
There are some sensible clubs, Chester have voted to stop despite being in a strong position. I should think a lot of clubs around mid table will vote to stop such as us :)

margateshot
Posts: 182
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:41 pm
Re: NL N&S, ‘null and void’?

Post by margateshot » Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:19 am

I don't really care what happens now with the league but I can't see point of stopping the funding. It now looks likely that the season will be null and void, but what a complete waste of millions of pounds that was put in to keep the leagues going. Surely it would make more sense to fund to the end of the season, but make the payments monthly in the hope that fans may be able to return before the season ends.

Richard Petty
Posts: 628
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:12 pm
Location: Farnborough
Re: NL N&S, ‘null and void’?

Post by Richard Petty » Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:02 am

margateshot wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:19 am
I don't really care what happens now with the league but I can't see point of stopping the funding. It now looks likely that the season will be null and void, but what a complete waste of millions of pounds that was put in to keep the leagues going. Surely it would make more sense to fund to the end of the season, but make the payments monthly in the hope that fans may be able to return before the season ends.
With the costs to the government (actually us tax payers) potentially higher if all staff and players are furloughed it would make economic sense for the DCMS to back down and offer the funding as grants and I agree 100% with you that it makes the initial funding a waste of money if the season ends now.

However your suggestion regarding Monthly payments based on fans back before the end of the season is I think being far too optimistic, the season ends in May and I would be amazed if any spectators were allowed into sporting events by then.

IanShots
Posts: 39
Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:12 pm
Re: NL N&S, ‘null and void’?

Post by IanShots » Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:34 am

I think they should let fans in by the start of April (limited by Covid regs), absolutely no evidence of spread at outside events! I just wish some common sense was applied. Although I agree with Richard that as it stands this probably isn't going to happen.

As for the Dorking owner. He thinks he can win a court case to force businesses to trade illegally when they are insolvent....interesting! Good luck with that one.

Crowthorne
Posts: 855
Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2019 1:18 pm
Re: NL N&S, ‘null and void’?

Post by Crowthorne » Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:10 am

IanShots wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:34 am
I think they should let fans in by the start of April (limited by Covid regs), absolutely no evidence of spread at outside events! I just wish some common sense was applied. Although I agree with Richard that as it stands this probably isn't going to happen.

As for the Dorking owner. He thinks he can win a court case to force businesses to trade illegally when they are insolvent....interesting! Good luck with that one.
He didn't say that, he said clubs that want to continue should be able to. Clubs that can't should be able to stop without sanctions.
The man has put his money where his mouth is, developed a club and has aspirations. I hope he continues to do well.

Richard Petty
Posts: 628
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:12 pm
Location: Farnborough
Re: NL N&S, ‘null and void’?

Post by Richard Petty » Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:26 am

Crowthorne wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:10 am
IanShots wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:34 am
I think they should let fans in by the start of April (limited by Covid regs), absolutely no evidence of spread at outside events! I just wish some common sense was applied. Although I agree with Richard that as it stands this probably isn't going to happen.

As for the Dorking owner. He thinks he can win a court case to force businesses to trade illegally when they are insolvent....interesting! Good luck with that one.
He didn't say that, he said clubs that want to continue should be able to. Clubs that can't should be able to stop without sanctions.
The man has put his money where his mouth is, developed a club and has aspirations. I hope he continues to do well.
He has pretty much said what IanShots has suggested as he is threatening legal action if the decision is to Null and Void the season

IanShots
Posts: 39
Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:12 pm
Re: NL N&S, ‘null and void’?

Post by IanShots » Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:47 am

As much as I don't feel the NL board have come out of this very well, they are manging this to their rules which all the clubs have signed off on. Hence I can't see where he is going with this. I get your point that he isn't asking others to carry on if they cant afford it but the league is not ten teams and therefore promotion in those circumstances isn't valid, you would then have legal cases from teams above under threat of relegation.

comeonshots
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:11 pm
Re: NL N&S, ‘null and void’?

Post by comeonshots » Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:00 pm

The BL have to draw a line somewhere and it will upset people. The vote was announced as a straight majority to null and void the season and that’s why the voted. They can’t now change it to allow some to continue

redandbluescb
Posts: 1095
Joined: Sat May 19, 2018 9:29 pm
Re: NL N&S, ‘null and void’?

Post by redandbluescb » Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:13 pm

Just had a look at the NLS table nothing else to say really. Im allright Jack.


Post Reply