Tomorrow’s Midweek TV Show

Anon E Mouse
Re: Tomorrow’s Midweek TV Show

Post by Anon E Mouse » Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:43 pm

It's such a good programme and thanks to everyone involved.
Was hoping though that the 24hr delay was going to mean a statement from the club about its stance on the rest of the season and there wasnt any clue as to whether we just trug on, or furlough the first team, or can we survive etc etc.

Hopefully that will be addressed separately.

Mick Earls Fan Club

Post by Mick Earls Fan Club » Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:18 pm

Pay £11.99 tomorrow and might find out?!

redandbluescb

Post by redandbluescb » Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:31 pm

Brilliant show tonight excellent interview with our Chairman should finally be enough
to shut up the trust. Time to support the club and the only people keeping us afloat
in these hard times. Kandi is so brainy wouldnt bet against him winning our mastermind.
Good interview with Mr. Wignall too. Well done Butts once again.

Birdman

Post by Birdman » Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:33 pm

Mick Earls Fan Club wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:18 pm
Pay £11.99 tomorrow and might find out?!
Or email a question to henry for inclusion in next week’s show. Questions in by Monday.

Kevin Carlin

Post by Kevin Carlin » Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:00 pm

redandbluescb wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:31 pm
Brilliant show tonight excellent interview with our Chairman should finally be enough
to shut up the trust. Time to support the club and the only people keeping us afloat
in these hard times. Kandi is so brainy wouldnt bet against him winning our mastermind.
Good interview with Mr. Wignall too. Well done Butts once again.
Was surprised the Chairman said there hadn’t been any correspondence as I remember the Trust posting this statement last year.

https://www.shotstrust.co.uk/latest-new ... -shots-tv/

Turnkey

Post by Turnkey » Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:01 pm

redandbluescb wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:31 pm
in these hard times.
Oh Stevie you do make me chuckle, the absolute epitome of blind faith. How much is Shahid paying you to wave that flag?

Kevin Carlin

Post by Kevin Carlin » Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:38 am

He just happens to be one of those who think the BOD have done and can’t do any wrong in his eyes. :wink:
Last edited by Kevin Carlin on Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:33 am, edited 2 times in total.

ACA

Post by ACA » Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:45 am

Kevin Carlin wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:38 am
He just happens to be one of those who think the BOD have done and can’t do any wrong in his eyes.
Just like those who think the Trust can't do any wrong, then :wink:

Kevin Carlin

Post by Kevin Carlin » Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:00 am

So wrong, the Trust have 💯 definitely done some things wrong but this myth that they don’t care about the club and want to run the club is absolute nonsense to be honest. :D

Turnkey

Post by Turnkey » Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:02 am

ACA wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:45 am
Kevin Carlin wrote:
He just happens to be one of those who think the BOD have done and can’t do any wrong in his eyes.
Problem we have now is both ‘sides’ are now so polarised, neither can see the middle ground, let alone each other’s argument. I have no particular dog in the fight, other than to see the football club thrive, do I think the sun shines out of Shahid’s behind, no of course not. Do I think the BoD have handled the last year well? Yes, just. Do I think the Trust are asking the right questions? Yes, all day long. Do I like their tone and approach of how they’ve gone about it, absolutely not, they’ve been aggressive and confrontational.

Both sides come out with credit, and both sides come out as looking like they’ve been spiteful. A common purpose needs to be established but I’m not I’m not holding my breath.

Kevin Carlin

Post by Kevin Carlin » Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:05 am

Turnkey wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:02 am
ACA wrote:
Kevin Carlin wrote:
Problem we have now is both ‘sides’ are now so polarised, neither can see the middle ground, let alone each other’s argument. I have no particular dog in the fight, other than to see the football club thrive, do I think the sun shines out of Shahid’s behind, no of course not. Do I think the BoD have handled the last year well? Yes, just. Do I think the Trust are asking the right questions? Yes, all day long. Do I like their tone and approach of how they’ve gone about it, absolutely not, they’ve been aggressive and confrontational.

Both sides come out with credit, and both sides come out as looking like they’ve been spiteful. A common purpose needs to be established but I’m not I’m not holding my breath.
Top post Turnkey and I think a lot will agree with your summing up of the current situation.

redblueuptoyou

Post by redblueuptoyou » Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:29 am

Turnkey wrote:
ACA wrote:
Kevin Carlin wrote:

In better times, we’d probably say to arrange a meeting so both can put their thoughts on record and come to a conclusion. I know it’s not the done way now but cooperation over conflict would be the way forward.

Kevin Carlin

Post by Kevin Carlin » Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:31 am

redblueuptoyou wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:29 am
Turnkey wrote:
ACA wrote:

In better times, we’d probably say to arrange a meeting so both can put their thoughts on record and come to a conclusion. I know it’s not the done way now but cooperation over conflict would be the way forward.
Agreed

stevieshot

Post by stevieshot » Sat Feb 20, 2021 12:03 pm

I think Shahid looked a bit peed off, either with questions about the Trust, or maybe the thought of the debt about to be incurred over the next few months. I certainly wouldn't want to be in his shoes at the moment. Good news about streaming figures I thought. 850 per game is quite decent.

Headley Shot

Post by Headley Shot » Sat Feb 20, 2021 12:07 pm

I’ve been watching and supporting the Shots since I was a schoolboy, 50 years ago. This conflict between supporters and owners is nothing new. Everyone knows what great potential the Shots have in terms of support and following. Old fans like me would love to see a entertaining, winning football side and a thriving, financially robust business off the pitch.
We don’t have that. So the natural course of action is to denigrate those in control and question their methods and purpose.
When a business loses money, it has to cut its cloth to survive. Nobody likes it, nobody enjoys it, it’s just the way business is.
Money has been put into the club by businessmen who want their money back with a return or at least to be able to sell their shares on to others without a loss. That’s not unreasonable and those investors should be thanked for their patronage and help. Despite all of that, I feel uncomfortable with the idea that the owners are quite prepared to alienate the very people that have put their hands in their pockets for decades giving money to help. I feel that rather than saying “Go away, you’ve insulted us” they should work towards understanding these fans concerns, explaining why they have taken the route they’ve taken and respect the legal constraints the Trust need to operate under. The Trust has a duty to ask the difficult questions because that is their remit. It does not mean they do not want the club or the business of the club to succeed as some folk would have us believe. Looking at this from the outside, it seems patently obvious that the club is playing a game of “Divide & Conquer” with its own fan base. I would remind the owners of the club that this tactic has historically not always worked out for other such clubs. There are numerous cases of football clubs being split up and perhaps that is the next stage for Aldershot Town FC ?
What if another sports club came along and wanted the Rec ? Or maybe the council will decide to sell it to a housing developer that offers greater social and community benefit than the Shots seem to be able to muster?
Do the BOD think that couldn’t happen ? The council must be sick of the prevaricating and infighting and at the very least have been reminded of their civic responsibilities by the Shots Trust. I’m just a supporter but I’m finding it hard to put my hand in my pocket for the club right now with their present attitude. Sadly, I’m sure I’m not the only one. So I would appeal to the owners of the club to build some bridges, get the Trust onside, become the warm and welcoming community club you say you are and you might just be surprised at how far it gets you.