Match day stream

Post Reply
Cph.shots
Posts: 397
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:44 pm
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Re: Match day stream

Post by Cph.shots » Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:09 pm

HarryTom wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 6:52 pm
Great tweet from Ricky after the game !!
The one about Ancelotti and big dunc?

fredandballou
Posts: 287
Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:48 pm
Re: Match day stream

Post by fredandballou » Sat Feb 20, 2021 11:05 pm

At Wrexham the fans want a new manager for next season (if not sooner) plus the vast majority of the squad to be replaced with the funds promised by the new owners. With this inevitability hanging over the manager and players I was not surprised at their performance this afternoon, particularly as they were unconvincing as they struggled to beat a poor/off form Woking last Tuesday.

Warnboro of the South
Posts: 53
Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:44 am
Location: The South
Re: Match day stream

Post by Warnboro of the South » Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:01 am

Well done the Royals, correction Biscuitmen, for letting 'Boro take the 3 points.

aldershot-jg
Posts: 451
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Aldershot
Re: Match day stream

Post by aldershot-jg » Sun Feb 21, 2021 6:33 am

Someone can correct me if I’ve missed or got anything wrong but Wrexham’s record in recent times at the rec/EBB

2013/14 Aldershot 2-0 Wrexham
2014/15 Aldershot 1-1 Wrexham
2015/16 Aldershot 0-1 Wrexham
2016/17 Aldershot 2-0 Wrexham
2017/18 Aldershot 2-0 Wrexham
2018/19 Aldershot 0-0 Wrexham
2019/20 Aldershot 1-0 Wrexham
2020/21 Aldershot 3-0 Wrexham

They are definitely goal shy when they come here, 2 goals in 8 games, none now in their last 5 here. Our only defeat in that period came under Barry Smith who probably had the worst home record, plus that game Jake Gallagher got sent off, at that point he had a hard time staying on the pitch.

chimpster99
Posts: 475
Joined: Thu May 17, 2007 6:54 am
Location: Alton
Re: Match day stream

Post by chimpster99 » Sun Feb 21, 2021 8:25 am

[quote=fredandballou post_id=653708 time=1613862330 user_id=8460]
At Wrexham the fans want a new manager for next season (if not sooner) plus the vast majority of the squad to be replaced with the funds promised by the new owners. With this inevitability hanging over the manager and players I was not surprised at their performance this afternoon, particularly as they were unconvincing as they struggled to beat a poor/off form Woking last Tuesday.
[/quote]

Indeed the honeymoon is receding quickly at the Racecourse, many wanting immediate success and some knives are being sharpened. Keates is very much a marmite manager there and is a dead man walking. Peter Moore, their new CEO, is believed to be planning changes in the background with a new manager (Cowley?). Meanwhile the fans are getting whipped up into a frenzy of angst and conjecture that would make ShotsWeb look like a Buddhist prayer session.

Yesterday’s result and performance was like pressing the red button.

chimpster99
Posts: 475
Joined: Thu May 17, 2007 6:54 am
Location: Alton
Re: Match day stream

Post by chimpster99 » Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:07 am

Been on the Wrexham forum and they are lavishing praise on our matchday stream. Digital programme, reasonable neutral commentary, great analysis, replays, decent production - well worth the £11.99. And this from the club who have contracted in a professional TV company and Sky presenter Bryan Law for their own service.

Well done to Butts, Rob, Gibbo and everyone else involved!!! 👏👏

Bob
Posts: 595
Joined: Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:58 pm
Re: Match day stream

Post by Bob » Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:49 am

aldershot-jg wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 6:33 am
Someone can correct me if I’ve missed or got anything wrong but Wrexham’s record in recent times at the rec/EBB

2013/14 Aldershot 2-0 Wrexham
2014/15 Aldershot 1-1 Wrexham
2015/16 Aldershot 0-1 Wrexham
2016/17 Aldershot 2-0 Wrexham
2017/18 Aldershot 2-0 Wrexham
2018/19 Aldershot 0-0 Wrexham
2019/20 Aldershot 1-0 Wrexham
2020/21 Aldershot 3-0 Wrexham

They are definitely goal shy when they come here, 2 goals in 8 games, none now in their last 5 here. Our only defeat in that period came under Barry Smith who probably had the worst home record, plus that game Jake Gallagher got sent off, at that point he had a hard time staying on the pitch.
Their record at the rec is quite simply just one of those weird things in football, another example of this is we had a fantastic record against Burton both in their conference days and in our league days even the season we went down we beat them once, I remember Northampton battering the 4th division in 1987 but bizarrely were doubled by Hartlepool who struggled that year and Chelsea doing the double over Manchester United in 1994 which would have been the equivalent of West Ham doubling Liverpool last season or palace doing the same to Man City this season!

EastbankAndy
Posts: 331
Joined: Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:25 am
Re: Match day stream

Post by EastbankAndy » Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:56 am

Bob wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:49 am
aldershot-jg wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 6:33 am
Someone can correct me if I’ve missed or got anything wrong but Wrexham’s record in recent times at the rec/EBB

2013/14 Aldershot 2-0 Wrexham
2014/15 Aldershot 1-1 Wrexham
2015/16 Aldershot 0-1 Wrexham
2016/17 Aldershot 2-0 Wrexham
2017/18 Aldershot 2-0 Wrexham
2018/19 Aldershot 0-0 Wrexham
2019/20 Aldershot 1-0 Wrexham
2020/21 Aldershot 3-0 Wrexham

They are definitely goal shy when they come here, 2 goals in 8 games, none now in their last 5 here. Our only defeat in that period came under Barry Smith who probably had the worst home record, plus that game Jake Gallagher got sent off, at that point he had a hard time staying on the pitch.
Their record at the rec is quite simply just one of those weird things in football, another example of this is we had a fantastic record against Burton both in their conference days and in our league days even the season we went down we beat them once, I remember Northampton battering the 4th division in 1987 but bizarrely were doubled by Hartlepool who struggled that year and Chelsea doing the double over Manchester United in 1994 which would have been the equivalent of West Ham doubling Liverpool last season or palace doing the same to Man City this season!
Have a look at our home record verses Stockport😇

Bob
Posts: 595
Joined: Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:58 pm
Re: Match day stream

Post by Bob » Sun Feb 21, 2021 10:09 am

I know 👍

Les Briley
Posts: 277
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:37 pm
Location: Elsbels
Re: Match day stream

Post by Les Briley » Sun Feb 21, 2021 10:17 am

aldershot-jg wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 6:33 am
Someone can correct me if I’ve missed or got anything wrong but Wrexham’s record in recent times at the rec/EBB

2013/14 Aldershot 2-0 Wrexham
2014/15 Aldershot 1-1 Wrexham
2015/16 Aldershot 0-1 Wrexham
2016/17 Aldershot 2-0 Wrexham
2017/18 Aldershot 2-0 Wrexham
2018/19 Aldershot 0-0 Wrexham
2019/20 Aldershot 1-0 Wrexham
2020/21 Aldershot 3-0 Wrexham

They are definitely goal shy when they come here, 2 goals in 8 games, none now in their last 5 here. Our only defeat in that period came under Barry Smith who probably had the worst home record, plus that game Jake Gallagher got sent off, at that point he had a hard time staying on the pitch.
Brilliant isn't it 8), and yet the Taff's on their forum still think that they're going to hammer us every time they come here....., deluded.

Bob
Posts: 595
Joined: Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:58 pm
Re: Match day stream

Post by Bob » Sun Feb 21, 2021 10:28 am

Maidenhead has this annoying habit of winning at the rec in our Ryman league days despite usually finishing below us

Melbourne Red
Posts: 159
Joined: Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:06 pm
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Re: Match day stream

Post by Melbourne Red » Sun Feb 21, 2021 11:18 am

Bob wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:49 am


Their record at the rec is quite simply just one of those weird things in football, another example of this is we had a fantastic record against Burton both in their conference days and in our league days even the season we went down we beat them once, I remember Northampton battering the 4th division in 1987 but bizarrely were doubled by Hartlepool who struggled that year and Chelsea doing the double over Manchester United in 1994 which would have been the equivalent of West Ham doubling Liverpool last season or palace doing the same to Man City this season!
Funny that you mention Burton as I happened to look at their wiki page earlier today (I was trying to work out why they signed Mike Fondop, for example if one of his former managers was there) and I noticed that their record football league victory is 6-1 against us! This is despite my memory also being of us having a good record against them.

Bob
Posts: 595
Joined: Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:58 pm
Re: Match day stream

Post by Bob » Sun Feb 21, 2021 11:20 am

Melbourne Red wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 11:18 am
Bob wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:49 am


Their record at the rec is quite simply just one of those weird things in football, another example of this is we had a fantastic record against Burton both in their conference days and in our league days even the season we went down we beat them once, I remember Northampton battering the 4th division in 1987 but bizarrely were doubled by Hartlepool who struggled that year and Chelsea doing the double over Manchester United in 1994 which would have been the equivalent of West Ham doubling Liverpool last season or palace doing the same to Man City this season!
Funny that you mention Burton as I happened to look at their wiki page earlier today (I was trying to work out why they signed Mike Fondop, for example if one of his former managers was there) and I noticed that their record football league victory is 6-1 against us! This is despite my memory also being of us having a good record against them.
Yes that was a rare victory over us and they also beat us the year we won the league but not a lot else

Jimbo68
Posts: 16
Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:29 pm
Re: Match day stream

Post by Jimbo68 » Sun Feb 21, 2021 5:24 pm

Brilliant result just what we fans needed after Tuesdays result now we have to build on it, wouldn't change the team unless there are injuries COME ON YOU SHOTS


Post Reply