The roadmap back to normal

margateshot
Re: The roadmap back to normal

Post by margateshot » Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:31 pm

Bob wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:31 pm
They can squeeze these games in if they tried I reckon Richard, they can do anything when it suits, the FA Cup always makes me laugh since they started the replay 10 day nonsense instead of the old 3 day thing for example you could have a 4th qualifying round replay between someone like Notts county v Wrexham played 3 days later and yet in the first round because they’re league clubs due to buying promotion crap like Salford v Crawley would be 10 days later
Allow the FA Cup, Trophy and Vase finals to be played at Wembley and play the play off finals, especially Lge 1, 2 and National league at football league or premier grounds. It will be reduced capacity anyway.

Bob

Post by Bob » Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:38 pm

Asking people to behave in this country albeit a tiny minority is like a dog 🐕 going a whole day without eating, no chance!

Bob

Post by Bob » Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:39 pm

margateshot wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:31 pm
Bob wrote:
They can squeeze these games in if they tried I reckon Richard, they can do anything when it suits, the FA Cup always makes me laugh since they started the replay 10 day nonsense instead of the old 3 day thing for example you could have a 4th qualifying round replay between someone like Notts county v Wrexham played 3 days later and yet in the first round because they’re league clubs due to buying promotion crap like Salford v Crawley would be 10 days later
Allow the FA Cup, Trophy and Vase finals to be played at Wembley and play the play off finals, especially Lge 1, 2 and National league at football league or premier grounds. It will be reduced capacity anyway.
👍

Richard Petty

Post by Richard Petty » Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:49 pm

margateshot wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:31 pm
Bob wrote:
Reading in more detail the return of spectators section of the "Roadmap" publication the attendance even at Wembley will be very restricted with a maximum of 10,000, unless its chosen as a pilot game for higher attendance with mitigation.

Some large events, including conferences, theatre and concert
performances and sports events. Controlled indoor events of up to 1,000
people or 50% of a venue’s capacity, whichever is lower, will be permitted, as will
outdoor events with a capacity of either 50% or 4,000 people, whichever is lower.
The Government will also make a special provision for large, outdoor, seated
venues where crowds can be safely distributed, allowing up to 10,000 people or
25% of total seated capacity, whichever is lower. In addition, pilots will run as part
of the Events Research Programme to examine how such events can take place
without the need for social distancing using other mitigations such as testing (see
paragraphs 132 to 134).

A.T.F.C 92

Post by A.T.F.C 92 » Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:04 pm

When do tickets go on sale for Bromley the last game of the season 😅😅

redblueuptoyou

Post by redblueuptoyou » Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:08 pm

Could still see the FA Trophy final being a trial event for crowds in venues?

IF all goes to plan, the first England match in the Euros is the day after ALL restrictions (apparently including masks?) are lifted.

I saw someone describe that week as a nationwide, all-ages Freshers Week... I think they are right. Hopefully those of us who stay sensible can outweigh them.

IanShots

Post by IanShots » Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:08 pm

redblueuptoyou wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:08 pm
Could still see the FA Trophy final being a trial event for crowds in venues?

IF all goes to plan, the first England match in the Euros is the day after ALL restrictions (apparently including masks?) are lifted.

I saw someone describe that week as a nationwide, all-ages Freshers Week... I think they are right. Hopefully those of us who stay sensible can outweigh them.
There is talk of the whole of the Euros being held in the UK, I believe the FA have offered presumably with the support of the government.

Birdman

Post by Birdman » Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:13 pm

A major concern for me is as and when the lockdown restrictions are greatly relaxed the public drop their common sense (sorry, guard), go stupid and pack out the shops, pubs etc in the mistaken belief that everything’s back to normal.
Assuming that crowds will be allowed back in the grounds next season I still intend to wear a face mask (say thank you) and carry a hand sanitiser like I do now. I’ll see how things go during the season before I decide whether to release my mug on you lot.

chimpster99

Post by chimpster99 » Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:14 pm

[quote=Crowthorne post_id=653909 time=1614014927 user_id=9159]
[quote="Anon E Mouse" post_id=653890 time=1614010064 user_id=419]
Fans back on 17th May.
Trophy Final at Wembley 8th May :(
[/quote]

Will last season's final be played before this season's.
[/quote]

Current plan is to play them back to back on the same day unless there is one team involved in both, in which case last season’s will be shoe-horned in on a midweek night beforehand.

Only hope is that the final is used as a test event for the Euros.

bordon shot

Post by bordon shot » Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:27 pm

Birdman wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:13 pm
A major concern for me is as and when the lockdown restrictions are greatly relaxed the public drop their common sense (sorry, guard), go stupid and pack out the shops, pubs etc in the mistaken belief that everything’s back to normal.
Assuming that crowds will be allowed back in the grounds next season I still intend to wear a face mask (say thank you) and carry a hand sanitiser like I do now. I’ll see how things go during the season before I decide whether to release my mug on you lot.
The shops & pubs will have been closed 4 months by the time they re-open, let’s not forget last year at the start, they were also closed for about 4 months. A lot of businesses will have suffered from these lockdowns, so it’s unfair on those businesses to call it stupid for encouraging people to use them.

I think that quite a few of us will be cautious when going out, but we are in a better situation now with the vaccine rollout to feel more confident. To give the PM credit, he is taking a bit of time in unlocking slowly, so you could say, he has learnt from past mistakes .

Richard Petty

Post by Richard Petty » Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:35 am

bordon shot wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:27 pm
Birdman wrote:
The shops & pubs will have been closed 4 months by the time they re-open, let’s not forget last year at the start, they were also closed for about 4 months. A lot of businesses will have suffered from these lockdowns, so it’s unfair on those businesses to call it stupid for encouraging people to use them.

I think that quite a few of us will be cautious when going out, but we are in a better situation now with the vaccine rollout to feel more confident. To give the PM credit, he is taking a bit of time in unlocking slowly, so you could say, he has learnt from past mistakes .
When Pubs reopen for indoor service in May that is step 3 so the rule of 6 will still apply along with other social distancing measures. It is only in June at step 4 that normal numbers will be allowed in because by that stage if Step 4 is approved then the risks will have been fully evaluated as low enough to be considered safe regardless of the numbers within the pub.

This quote from the government document for the phased return covers it:

"Social distancing is difficult and damaging for businesses and, as a result, it is important to return to as near to normal as quickly as possible. Ahead of Step 4, as more is understood about the impact of vaccines on transmission and a far greater proportion of the population has been vaccinated, the Government will complete a review of social distancing measures and other long-term measures that have been put in place to limit transmission. The results of the review will help inform decisions on the timing and circumstances under which rules on 1m+, face masks and other measures may be lifted. The review will also inform guidance on working from home -people should continue to work from home where they can until this review is complete"

My understanding is that it quite likely that there will still be some social distancing measures in place for some considerable while and certain "Guidance" such as "Hands, Face, Space" will continue even after Step 4 is achieved. The wearing of masks in certain situations may also be required in some settings. Although in Step 4 (June) mandatory wearing of masks in enclosed public areas "COULD" be lifted it may still be advised. It has also been suggested that there is also a possibility that during the winter months the mandatory wearing of masks in some situations could be reapplied to reduce the increased seasonal risk of spread.

Richard Petty

Post by Richard Petty » Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:20 pm

Huge surge in holiday bookings today with airlines like Easyjet reporting an increase of over 600% in bookings for the summer.

Somewhat premature in my opinion as there has been no date given for the return of International Travel other than it would be 17th May at the very earliest if a full review deems it safe. Plus there is no guarantee that the destinations will allow entry and even if they do some of them them may still insist on testing prior to arrival. These people will be screaming blue murder if as is quite possible international travel is restricted for longer than other measures.

I am extremally keen to go on holiday and have a number of credit notes which I took instead of refunds (to help the agent out) for holidays already booked and missed since last years first lockdown but I wont be booking to go anywhere until I know getting there is certain and that there will be no restrictions to put up with either going or when there.

Birdman

Post by Birdman » Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:25 pm

bordon shot wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:27 pm
Birdman wrote:

I wasn’t calling the businesses stupid, Bordon, I was referring to members of the public who’ll crowd into those places (pack them out if you like) in the mistaken belief (or couldn’t care less attitude) that it’s all over. Caution is imo still required. I understand that businesses need to get customers back in again but to me it needs a slow buildup rather than an all out charge.

redblueuptoyou

Post by redblueuptoyou » Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:10 pm

Richard Petty wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:20 pm
Huge surge in holiday bookings today with airlines like Easyjet reporting an increase of over 600% in bookings for the summer.

Somewhat premature in my opinion as there has been no date given for the return of International Travel other than it would be 17th May at the very earliest if a full review deems it safe. Plus there is no guarantee that the destinations will allow entry and even if they do some of them them may still insist on testing prior to arrival. These people will be screaming blue murder if as is quite possible international travel is restricted for longer than other measures.

I am extremally keen to go on holiday and have a number of credit notes which I took instead of refunds (to help the agent out) for holidays already booked and missed since last years first lockdown but I wont be booking to go anywhere until I know getting there is certain and that there will be no restrictions to put up with either going or when there.
600%? Wow! Agree completely with your views. There could be some very angry people about very soon.

I’m just looking forward to being able to see family indoors!

Birdman

Post by Birdman » Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:25 pm

redblueuptoyou wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:10 pm
Richard Petty wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:20 pm

600%? Wow! Agree completely with your views. There could be some very angry people about very soon.

I’m just looking forward to being able to see family indoors!
We were due to go away in September last year with Tui but cancelled. We were refunded in full the same day. We made the decision a couple of months ago to not book any holidays for this year. The all round uncertainty just isn’t worth it.