Strength in positivity and managing controllables

GetShotDownunder
Strength in positivity and managing controllables

Post by GetShotDownunder » Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:58 pm

Not Aldershot specific but a somewhat interesting and in depth lockdown chat with sports science and sports psychology educated, ex Australia and ex Fulham assistant Scott Miller.... Currently coaching at his local tiny semi pro club in Oz for the love of it.

https://www.facebook.com/langwarrinsocc ... 777998221/

GetShotDownunder
Re: Strength in positivity and managing controllables

Post by GetShotDownunder » Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:50 am

Feel this is worth watching for any aspiring young player, anyone unable to play sport, struggling with direction in life or struggling with mental health...... plus it's a refreshing philosophy compared to most post match interviews and traditional motivation methods.

Old Bob

Post by Old Bob » Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:34 am

GetShotDownunder wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:58 pm
Not Aldershot specific but a somewhat interesting and in depth lockdown chat with sports science and sports psychology educated, ex Australia and ex Fulham assistant Scott Miller.... Currently coaching at his local tiny semi pro club in Oz for the love of it.

Call me old fashioned, but when I hear CoachTalk straight from the pages of the tired old coaching manual, I want to scream.

I only listened to the first few minutes but he managed to squeeze in most of the meaningless cliches we have come to know and hate: "You know what", "X amount of goals", "for sure", "amazing", "controllables", and on and on.

Bob

Post by Bob » Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:22 am

Old Bob wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:34 am
GetShotDownunder wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:58 pm

Call me old fashioned, but when I hear CoachTalk straight from the pages of the tired old coaching manual, I want to scream.

I only listened to the first few minutes but he managed to squeeze in most of the meaningless cliches we have come to know and hate: "You know what", "X amount of goals", "for sure", "amazing", "controllables", and on and on.
Look and listen old Bob I totally agree with you 😎

GetShotDownunder

Post by GetShotDownunder » Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:56 pm

For what it's worth and probably to the detriment of a managing career he truly believes in what he preaches, based on 2 degrees, coaching tickets and near 9 years working through the ranks at Fulham.

At the Heim has taken a poison chalice job in the Aleague for a season after the investor pulled out and local club Langwarrin if not operating on the lowest budget in the division, would be operating on the second lowest.