Golden Ticket

Birdman
Re: Golden Ticket

Post by Birdman » Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:47 pm

Preston Shot wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:08 pm
Seems like a awfully lot of money if you ask me.
Why not just make the tickets £10 each and if someone wants to buy 10 then fare enough.
Are the club that confident that 25% of our support will buy one ticket each ?
Do what we did for the 500 club, get some friends together to buy a ticket.

GuyB

Post by GuyB » Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:49 pm

Preston Shot wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:08 pm
Seems like a awfully lot of money if you ask me.
Why not just make the tickets £10 each and if someone wants to buy 10 then fare enough.
Are the club that confident that 25% of our support will buy one ticket each ?
Nothing to stop the formation of a syndicate between those who want to contribute but can't afford or don't want to invest 100. Could advertise for contributers to your group on here, or try and rope in work colleagues, friends, family or complete strangers!

HackJowarth

Post by HackJowarth » Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:31 pm

Brilliant idea. Hopefully tickets will be purchased early doors to release funds asap to allow GW to bring in a player sooner rather than later.

Anon E Mouse

Post by Anon E Mouse » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:10 pm

HackJowarth wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:31 pm
Brilliant idea. Hopefully tickets will be purchased early doors to release funds asap to allow GW to bring in a player sooner rather than later.
[/quuote]

Sounds like the players will be bought anyway and we then back pay for them.
I will be getting at least 1 maybe 2.

Mark is fast becoming the Club. Well done Butts.

steveshot

Post by steveshot » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:15 pm

Great idea

Giles

Post by Giles » Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:20 am

Dan-a-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na............... BirdNan!!

i'll get me coat, and wait for the copper ticket to come out :cry:

paulfourshots

Post by paulfourshots » Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:42 am

So once again the club don't think about the average person I can't afford £100 just like that they need to look at options so that those want to take part can why not lower the ticket price

jurgenshots

Post by jurgenshots » Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:36 pm

I too thought I can't afford £100 but when I asked my group of 4 fellow Shots fans to all muck in they all said yes!! Its a win win for everyone!

Giles

Post by Giles » Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:50 pm

^^^^^^^^this^^^^^^^

much like Ancient organised with the 500 club last time we can have little consortiums

Ancient Shot

Post by Ancient Shot » Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:53 pm

Yeah but you only need little groups so it ain't happening Uncle Fester!

Skeleton Bob

Post by Skeleton Bob » Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:14 pm

Golden Ticket is a great idea. Well done, Butts.
(Didn’t Wayne Rooney used to go out with Birdnan?)

Red-n-Blue

Post by Red-n-Blue » Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:20 pm

A good idea, and much better than the 500-Club.

Assuming it goes well, I would hope the club try it again but at a lower ticket price - say £10. It'd be interesting to see which ticket price produces the most revenue. It would also be nice to add some non-cash prizes that don't cost the club anything (or very little) like a pair of hospitality tickets for a home match or a chance to meet the team, etc, etc.

By adding a unique or novel prize to each draw, it would keep the interest up and you might be able to run the draw 4-5 times a season.

Richard Petty

Post by Richard Petty » Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:05 pm

Good suggestions Red-n-Blue, maybe a Golden draw like this one once a year and a Silver draw utilising some of your ideas three times a year.

I popped into the club shop and bought a couple of tickets this morning and I got the impression the take up on this is pretty good

Richard Petty

Post by Richard Petty » Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:39 pm

Mark Butler has just called me and asked if I would like to give you all a more detailed update on how well the Golden Ticket sales are going.

The response to this has been brilliant and as of this afternoon we have already sold 44 tickets (bought and paid for) we also have over 30 additional serious pledges from people who have been in touch with Mark via phone, social media or email who will be either coming into the club shop or purchasing online over the next few days.

This is a fantastic response and Mark is delighted that this idea has been so warmly received and that over 10% of his target figure has already been sold just on day one. What Mark has asked though is that if you are intending to buy a ticket the sooner you can do so the sooner the money raised can be passed on to Gary for him to continue to strengthen the squad as we enter this crucial part of the season.

The other thing that Mark has asked me to post on his behalf is that he has been reading some of the suggestions on here regarding tickets being sold at lower prices. He appreciates the suggestions and will give thought to them in the future but has asked me to say that in his opinion we will raise more from the higher priced tickets as its quite likely that some who have purchased one £100 ticket might only have purchased five £10 tickets thus halving the amount sold. Mark also feels that the £100 is still low enough to make it quite easy to get small groups to club together to buy a ticket.

Something else that I would like to add is that the other important point to remember is that if we sell 400 tickets at £100 then you have a 3 in 400 chance of winning one of the prizes whereas if we sold 4000 tickets at £10 to raise the same amount then you would only have a 3 in 4000 chance of winning a prize. If I was unable to afford to buy a £100 ticket I would rather be in a group buying a £100 ticket with the much better odds of getting a share of the prize money.

AberdeenShots

Post by AberdeenShots » Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:18 pm

After receiving 2 threats (one involving a frozen Toblerone) from the venerable Shotnipper to partake, I’ve duly flogged the son’s Grifter and will avail myself of a ticket in the morning.

Judging by the rate these vouchers are shifting I fully expect N’Golo Kanté to donning the red & blue before Burns Night.

Another cracking marketing idea it has to be said.

COYFS