Torquay coach cancelled

Shots Supporters Trust
Torquay coach cancelled

Post by Shots Supporters Trust » Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:47 am

Did you enjoy last night ? (We did)

After Solihull the next away trip is Torquay on the 24th August, 5.20pm Kick Off.

The Trust want to run a coach, but we urgently need to take some more bookings.

Its £19 for Members, and £22 for non-members. Seats can be booked direct via the website; then payment made either via Card/Paypal - or if that is not comfortable for you, direct transfer or cheque are both options on the Checkout screen.

https://www.shotstrust.co.uk/away-trave ... at-24-aug/

See you there!
Last edited by Shots Supporters Trust on Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shots Supporters Trust
Re: Did you enjoy last night? Get booked for Torquay

Post by Shots Supporters Trust » Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:30 pm

We are sorry to announce that we have cancelled the coach to Torquay. Clearly the School holidays, Sat Evening kick off and TV coverage have reduced normal demand for a day trip. Those who had booked have been contacted and refunds given. Any queries email: info@shotstrust.co.uk

Shot By Both Sides
Re: Torquay coach cancelled

Post by Shot By Both Sides » Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:11 pm

Sorry to hear it but it doesn't surprise me. The Bromley programme stated bookings were low. Living where I do, it still might mean staying overnight down there but I hope there is room at Fawlty Towers - does anyone have the address?

Disturbed Postie

Post by Disturbed Postie » Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:36 pm

Somewhere in Buckinghamshire

Shots1954

Post by Shots1954 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:00 pm

Shot By Both Sides wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:11 pm
Sorry to hear it but it doesn't surprise me. The Bromley programme stated bookings were low. Living where I do, it still might mean staying overnight down there but I hope there is room at Fawlty Towers - does anyone have the address?
BBC television centre in West London......mines a large one!

Ian M

Post by Ian M » Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:55 am

Sadly, the Gleneagles Hotel in Torquay which provided Cleese with the inspiration was demolished a few years back. I stayed there a few times, it wasnt too Fawltyesque!

Ian M

Post by Ian M » Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:55 am

Sadly, the Gleneagles Hotel in Torquay which provided Cleese with the inspiration was demolished a few years back. I stayed there a few times, it wasnt too Fawltyesque!

Shot By Both Sides

Post by Shot By Both Sides » Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:22 pm

Ian M wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:55 am
Excellent! I wonder where the two old ladies went? Interesting too because one of the lines was "And you know you have to go to Gleneagles for your din-dins tonight, don't you" so they used the name of the real hotel in the script - which I didn't know until now!

Que?

Shot By Both Sides

Post by Shot By Both Sides » Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:28 pm

Travel sorted. :D

ON THE ROAD AGAIN: TORQUAY UNITED

https://calling-the-shots.com/2019/08/1 ... ay-united/