WTF is happening at Staines Town FC?!!!

Statto
WTF is happening at Staines Town FC?!!!

Post by Statto »

The "Latest Statement" makes mind-boggling reading (especially the fifth paragraph and the bit about "land belonging to a local resident")!!! :o :shock: :?

https://fanbanter.co.uk/9th-tier-club-r ... 733t4r80fj
Bob
Re: WTF is happening at Staines Town FC?!!!

Post by Bob »

The old wank Staines caused us a fair few problems in the mid 90’s bless ‘em, I recall that game in September 95 when we ended up with 9 men and losing 3-2 late on, very disturbed that evening!
Ascot Shot

Post by Ascot Shot »

Bob wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 9:55 pm The old wank Staines caused us a fair few problems in the mid 90’s bless ‘em, I recall that game in September 95 when we ended up with 9 men and losing 3-2 late on, very disturbed that evening!

I was at that away game played on a mud bath in the pouring rain. If I recall rightly, was Tony Cleeve one of our players that got sent off by an awful referee that day ?
Bob

Post by Bob »

Ascot Shot wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 10:57 pm
Bob wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 9:55 pm The old wank Staines caused us a fair few problems in the mid 90’s bless ‘em, I recall that game in September 95 when we ended up with 9 men and losing 3-2 late on, very disturbed that evening!

I was at that away game played on a mud bath in the pouring rain. If I recall rightly, was Tony Cleeve one of our players that got sent off by an awful referee that day ?
Indeed plus a certain James sugrue
Bob

Post by Bob »

I think the ref was a MR R Bone 🍖
chimpster99

Post by chimpster99 »

Is that the day of the fisticuffs in the Directors Box? 😂
'Players lose you games, not tactics. There's so much crap talked about tactics by people who barely know how to win at dominoes. ' Brian Clough
Bob

Post by Bob »

chimpster99 wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 12:37 am
Is that the day of the fisticuffs in the Directors Box? 😂
Don’t know about that but I wouldn’t be surprised, there was plenty angry shots fans that evening that’s for sure particularly DR Jim royle’s mate vetis ( Duncan)
karlready

Post by karlready »

Interesting that a private individual owns one penalty area..(apparently).
through a glass darkly
Crowthorne

Post by Crowthorne »

Football ground to housing estate ? has that happened before ? where next ?
Richard Petty

Post by Richard Petty »

This whole thing is weird even the ownership of the club seems vague as they are owned by Fulcram Sports Investment and the directorship for both the club and Fulcrum is one man Joe Dixon however on the 1st June he registered with companies house a cessation of being a person of significant control of the football club so the question is if he doesn't have significant control who does ??????

Regarding their moral issue with the landlords "The Thames Club" It is true though that Downing (owners of Thames Club) were found guilty of securities fraud relating to a scheme that they were running with some of their investors which was similar to a Ponzi scheme, so Downing are certainly not squeaky clean but I cant find anything anywhere (other than the Staines statement) that suggests they are in any way connected to modern day slavery.
The old saying goes "You can please some of the people some of the time, but you will never please all the people all the time." In fact sometimes it seems impossible to even please some of the people any of the time