Laurie Walker

Anon E Mouse
Re: Laurie Walker

Post by Anon E Mouse »

Richard Petty wrote: โ†‘Mon Jun 20, 2022 11:21 pm
steveshot wrote: โ†‘Mon Jun 20, 2022 8:24 pm Whoโ€™s Angelina?
Angelina Jolie.....

Its a play on Ndjoli ๐Ÿ˜
We've had a few ballerina's in our time. :)
Last edited by Anon E Mouse on Tue Jun 21, 2022 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TIM and TIT :D
Cph.shots

Post by Cph.shots »

Statto wrote: โ†‘Mon Jun 20, 2022 8:56 pm Laurie Walker has asked me to post the following on his behalf:

"Mark (Molesley) and I spoke for ages about me joining, but just couldn't make it work because of my business and travelling."

He added, "Barnet is 40 minutes from my house in MK, but Aldershot was taking me 2 and a half hours every time due to the M25. When I was on loan, I only trained with you twice a week, that's how it worked out."
Thanks for that Statto......(and Laurie if you're looking in)
Very good of him take the time to let us know the score.
Good luck to him in the future.
GazzaBretta

Post by GazzaBretta »

A very very decent keeper who really made us tough to beat and was commanding in his area. I would put him in my top five Aldershot keepers. He joined us and had an instant impact. Really would have loved him to sign but fully understand the reasons why he did not. Top fella for sending updates on his situation. Will give him a welcome when Barnet come to town. That will he a first.
Statto

Post by Statto »

Cph.shots wrote: โ†‘Tue Jun 21, 2022 10:48 am
Statto wrote: โ†‘Mon Jun 20, 2022 8:56 pm Laurie Walker has asked me to post the following on his behalf:

"Mark (Molesley) and I spoke for ages about me joining, but just couldn't make it work because of my business and travelling."

He added, "Barnet is 40 minutes from my house in MK, but Aldershot was taking me 2 and a half hours every time due to the M25. When I was on loan, I only trained with you twice a week, that's how it worked out."
No probs. I'll pass your good wishes on.
Wanderer

Post by Wanderer »

His first interview at "massive" Barnet
Cph.shots

Post by Cph.shots »

Statto wrote: โ†‘Tue Jun 21, 2022 11:20 am
Cph.shots wrote: โ†‘Tue Jun 21, 2022 10:48 am

No probs. I'll pass your good wishes on.
Thanks Pete
Anon E Mouse

Post by Anon E Mouse »

Wanderer wrote: โ†‘Tue Jun 21, 2022 11:48 am His first interview at "massive" Barnet
massive they ain't.
Soulless they are. Shame we missed out, but mates with the manager goes along way. Hope he doesn't regret the extra 1 hour drive.
Cph.shots

Post by Cph.shots »

Anon E Mouse wrote: โ†‘Sat Jun 25, 2022 9:30 pm
Wanderer wrote: โ†‘Tue Jun 21, 2022 11:48 am His first interview at "massive" Barnet
massive they ain't.
Soulless they are. Shame we missed out, but mates with the manager goes along way. Hope he doesn't regret the extra 1 hour drive.
Each way, per day.......
Maybe he has a life outside of his job, young family, other interests.
Com understandable decision in my opinion.
Josh

Post by Josh »

massive they ain't.
1hr and 50 minutes
Cph.shots

Post by Cph.shots »

Josh wrote: โ†‘Sun Jun 26, 2022 8:01 am
massive they ain't.
1hr and 50 minutes
.... and it's not just a question of time now the increasing price of fuel......
Why would anyone want to do that.
Anon E Mouse

Post by Anon E Mouse »

Cph.shots wrote: โ†‘Sun Jun 26, 2022 10:11 am
Josh wrote: โ†‘Sun Jun 26, 2022 8:01 am

massive they ain't.
1hr and 50 minutes
.... and it's not just a question of time now the increasing price of fuel......
Why would anyone want to do that.
To play in front of the best fans in non league football :wink:
Josh

Post by Josh »

You do come across as very bitter.

A long drive plus petrol costs with a club with a recent history of relegation battles perhaps isn't overly enticing.
Bob

Post by Bob »

Josh wrote: โ†‘Sun Jun 26, 2022 11:24 am You do come across as very bitter.

A long drive plus petrol costs with a club with a recent history of relegation battles perhaps isn't overly enticing.
At the end of the day itโ€™s whatโ€™s best for him and not us, unfortunately Barnet are on a par with us these days on and off the pitch
Triggers Broom

Post by Triggers Broom »

Bob wrote: โ†‘Sun Jun 26, 2022 11:37 am

At the end of the day itโ€™s whatโ€™s best for him and not us, unfortunately Barnet are on a par with us these days on and off the pitch
Agreed! It's not as if he's living a life of luxury on premier league wages. He's basically choosing Lidl close to home over Aldi 3 times the distance away for a similar shitty wage. Not difficult to get yer head around!
WTF

Post by WTF »

Triggers Broom wrote: โ†‘Sun Jun 26, 2022 3:21 pm
Bob wrote: โ†‘Sun Jun 26, 2022 11:37 am

Agreed! It's not as if he's living a life of luxury on premier league wages. He's basically choosing Lidl close to home over Aldi 3 times the distance away for a similar shitty wage. Not difficult to get yer head around!
Top words Triggers!