And after the lengthy drum roll .....

Bob
Re: And after the lengthy drum roll .....

Post by Bob »

Richard Petty wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 4:42 pm
Bob wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 4:25 pm
militaryshot wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 4:14 pm
Why will the ball be kicked in anger?
It’s just a saying
I think he was joking Bob :lol:
You would like to think so Richard
Richard Petty

Post by Richard Petty »

Bob wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 4:58 pm
Bob wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 4:25 pm

It’s just a saying
Mind you to be fair the way the English language is evolving a lot of what many would consider "Well known" expressions are disappearing from general use so depending on his age militaryshot may not have heard that said before.

Are you younger generation Militaryshot ?

Just asking out of interest
The old saying goes "You can please some of the people some of the time, but you will never please all the people all the time." In fact sometimes it seems impossible to even please some of the people any of the time
HarryTom

Post by HarryTom »

Richard Petty wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 5:05 pm

Mind you to be fair the way the English language is evolving a lot of what many would consider "Well known" expressions are disappearing from general use so depending on his age militaryshot may not have heard that said before.

Funny you should say that Richard....my son who is 23 had to right up a report on a building he inspected the other day, and was getting a bit worked up about what the correct words he should use in his report, and i said out loud,, don't worry because "Bullshit baffles brains '' he just looked at me and said "what on earth did you just say" he had never heard that expression before !
MANNIMIST

Post by MANNIMIST »

You mean 'write up a report'. :lol:
HarryTom

Post by HarryTom »

MANNIMIST wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 6:17 pm You mean 'write up a report'. :lol:
You know what it's like when you try to type quick :lol:
Bob

Post by Bob »

HarryTom wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 6:42 pm
MANNIMIST wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 6:17 pm You mean 'write up a report'. :lol:
You know what it's like when you try to type quick :lol:
I know what you mean arry, like that clown 🤡 who has a habit of missing a word out in his posts 😜
MikeB

Post by MikeB »

Banbury Shot wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 8:01 am
Dr Jim Royle wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 7:19 am To be honest after over 24 hours of the lengthy drum roll announcement I was somewhat a tadge underwhelmed. I was expecting something like ELO to take the stage, instead it was a Tony Christie moment. But that is just me, 4/5 seasons of pretty awful football and strange signings had dampened my own hopes.

Do not get me wrong, 8 signings mean we have an early base and settled squad to build up towards this coming season. Is it going to be a squad capable of keeping clear of relegation and providing a lot more entertainment value plus much needed home wins? Personally I will wait and see, give it a bit of time to settle ...... however I think that will be luxury MM will not have. Start badly, see old traits appear, fans will not be patient, it is now fully his squad.

Facebook is full of supporters on a high, so I think I maybe in the minority of “we will see” camp. One thing for sure is, we all want a better season.

COYS
Don't Bring Me Down!
This made me smile...
Reg's corner

Post by Reg's corner »

Gotta be as good as Wadds initial signings in his second spell? I just hope we can 'afford' it.. It looks like we'll compete to be fair..
militaryshot

Post by militaryshot »

Certainly am the younger generation, only 53 this year.
Richard Petty

Post by Richard Petty »

militaryshot wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 11:26 pm

Nah not young enough to count as "Younger generation" though younger than me you lucky bugger
The old saying goes "You can please some of the people some of the time, but you will never please all the people all the time." In fact sometimes it seems impossible to even please some of the people any of the time
Ascot Shot

Post by Ascot Shot »

karlready wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 11:37 am Well, the signings have certainly lifted the spirits of this old cynic. Some solid defenders, a couple of surprisingly interesting forwards , a loose cannon Amulmuzor, and McQuoid, to whom I shall give the benefit of the doubt. IF we can resign Mo Sylla ( or replace him with, dare I say it, Max Kretchzmar ) we’ll be flying. Just a seasoned GK needed.
Might even get a ST…

Well, I'm happy to have 8 new faces in the building nice and early for a change. Form and cheque filled out to renew my season ticket and ready for the post box Monday morning. Hoping many others will be doing the same. :wink:

COYS.
Bob

Post by Bob »

Ascot Shot wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 1:14 pm
karlready wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 11:37 am Well, the signings have certainly lifted the spirits of this old cynic. Some solid defenders, a couple of surprisingly interesting forwards , a loose cannon Amulmuzor, and McQuoid, to whom I shall give the benefit of the doubt. IF we can resign Mo Sylla ( or replace him with, dare I say it, Max Kretchzmar ) we’ll be flying. Just a seasoned GK needed.
Might even get a ST…

Well, I'm happy to have 8 new faces in the building nice and early for a change. Form and cheque filled out to renew my season ticket and ready for the post box Monday morning. Hoping many others will be doing the same. :wink:

COYS.
Let’s hope the nice postman doesn’t lose it when he empties the box on Monday morning
paul4shots

Post by paul4shots »

So out of the 8 players we signed why are some subject to fa approval and what does that mean
supershots

Post by supershots »

Bob wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 1:31 pm
Ascot Shot wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 1:14 pm
Might even get a ST…

COYS.
Let’s hope the nice postman doesn’t lose it when he empties the box on Monday morning
What's a cheque?
Crowthorne

Post by Crowthorne »

Richard Petty wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 11:32 pm
militaryshot wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 11:26 pm

Nah not young enough to count as "Younger generation" though younger than me you lucky bugger
He's only a child compared to most of the home support.