What's The Odds ?

fredandballou
What's The Odds ?

Post by fredandballou »

Some of the betting odds to win the league next season.

Wrexham are favourites. @. 15/8

Dorking Wanderers and Woking are 66 - 1

Shots, Maidstone and Eastleigh. are. 100 - 1

Altrincham, Maidenhead and Wealdstone. are 150 - 1
Bob
Re: What's The Odds ?

Post by Bob »

The lower down you go the bookies guess half the time I think, Wrexham should be about right but someone like Torquay could romp the league, weren’t we meant to finish mid table in 08 and Oxford to win it?

Our price is simply based on last season when we would normally go down but with 8 new players in one day this could change one hopes!
Shots2000

Post by Shots2000 »

Realistically I think a mid table finish would be a good season and achievable
Richard Petty

Post by Richard Petty »

Shots2000 wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 11:16 am Realistically I think a mid table finish would be a good season and achievable
I have just said the same thing in another thread.

A mid table finish along with some entertaining football and a bit longer than usual in cup competitions would give me a very enjoyable season :D
The old saying goes "You can please some of the people some of the time, but you will never please all the people all the time." In fact sometimes it seems impossible to even please some of the people any of the time
Graham Stovold

Post by Graham Stovold »

Richard Petty wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 11:32 am
Shots2000 wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 11:16 am Realistically I think a mid table finish would be a good season and achievable

A mid table finish along with some entertaining football and a bit longer than usual in cup competitions would give me a very enjoyable season :D
Yep, same for me, although I would prefer a top half finish rather than mid table 😉
Richard Petty

Post by Richard Petty »

Graham Stovold wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 1:19 pm
Richard Petty wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 11:32 am

Yep, same for me, although I would prefer a top half finish rather than mid table 😉
After the last two seasons even mid table could give me vertigo however to satisfy your desire for top half I will amend my ambition to finishing 12th :lol:
The old saying goes "You can please some of the people some of the time, but you will never please all the people all the time." In fact sometimes it seems impossible to even please some of the people any of the time
Charles Dickens

Post by Charles Dickens »

The happenings of last season has nothing to do with next season with a much changed squad of players.So how about looking forward and not backwards all the time.
redandbluescb

Post by redandbluescb »

Charles Dickens wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 3:38 pm The happenings of last season has nothing to do with next season with a much changed squad of players.So how about looking forward and not backwards all the time.
HERE HERE.
Richard Petty

Post by Richard Petty »

Charles Dickens wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 3:38 pm The happenings of last season has nothing to do with next season with a much changed squad of players.So how about looking forward and not backwards all the time.
I think the positivity of this message board at the moment suggests that most of us are looking forward and it has to be said with some decent measure of enthusiasm. :D

Some people may require convincing though, that's human nature and I wouldn't criticise them for it. I and a number of others have often said on here that last season was down to what Mark was left with. this season he has been able to put together the team that he wants and like you (I think this how you feel) he has to be given the chance of a clean slate to show what he can do and for him and his players to be judged solely on this seasons results and performances.
CH

Post by CH »

I would take a stronger home showing and a mid table finish, building again for 23/24
Josh

Post by Josh »

I'd be interested to know:

How does the budget for this season compare to the previous few years?

What is the target set by the board for this season?
Bob

Post by Bob »

My target is always promotion as much as that sounds deluded or unlikely, I’m afraid life’s to short just to hope your football team stays up yet again!
HarryTom

Post by HarryTom »

Bob wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 9:07 pm My target is always promotion as much as that sounds deluded or unlikely, I’m afraid life’s to short just to hope your football team stays up yet again!
Right behind you on this one Bob.!
Bob

Post by Bob »

You go back to the summer of 1976, a hot one I’ve quite often been told by people older than me, a football team called Nottingham forest had just finished slightly above mid table in the old division 2 (now bizarrely called the championship),at that point in their history they had moderate success, 2 fa cups years before and runners up in the old division one, now I can only imagine if you said to a forest fan that in the next 4 seasons you will get promoted then become champions of England and win the league cup then European champions and league cup then European champions again they would say you seriously need help, anything is possible however unlikely!
HarryTom

Post by HarryTom »

Bob wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:21 pm You go back to the summer of 1976, a hot one I’ve quite often been told by people older than me, a football team called Nottingham forest had just finished slightly above mid table in the old division 2 (now bizarrely called the championship),at that point in their history they had moderate success, 2 fa cups years before and runners up in the old division one, now I can only imagine if you said to a forest fan that in the next 4 seasons you will get promoted then become champions of England and win the league cup then European champions and league cup then European champions again they would say you seriously need help, anything is possible however unlikely!
Yet again Bob..... right behind you on this one too !