Euros

HarryTom
Euros

Post by HarryTom »

Good look to the Lionesses for tomorrow and the rest of the tournament. Old trafford sold out tomorrow as are the other group games ! and also Wembley sold out for the final. Best of luck girls !
Richard Petty
Re: Euros

Post by Richard Petty »

Well said Harry Tom, really looking forward to it and England are certainly one of the favourites to win it.

I had a go with the BBC's "Pick your starting eleven" today https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61565193 it really is a very strong squad to pick from so quite tough to choose in a few cases.

Now a plea to some on here for while the Euros are on:
Everyone is very aware that Women's football is not seen favourably by a few people on here but please if your one of those that can't stand it, don't care about it or any other negative emotion can you just ignore it and any thread that might be on here about it without feeling the need to actually post against it.
The old saying goes "You can please some of the people some of the time, but you will never please all the people all the time." In fact sometimes it seems impossible to even please some of the people any of the time
HarryTom

Post by HarryTom »

Richard Petty wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 7:04 pm Well said Harry Tom, really looking forward to it and England are certainly one of the favourites to win it.

I had a go with the BBC's "Pick your starting eleven" today https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61565193 it really is a very strong squad to pick from so quite tough to choose in a few cases.

Now a plea to some on here for while the Euros are on:
Everyone is very aware that Women's football is not seen favourably by a few people on here but please if your one of those that can't stand it, don't care about it or any other negative emotion can you just ignore it and any thread that might be on here about it without feeling the need to actually post against it.
Well said Richard, i know people are allowed their views, but i just hope the few on here get behind the girls,and give them the support they rightly deserve, If there are any of you on here who is yet to watch an England game, do yourselves a favour and give it a watch, i think you will be pleasantly surprised
lowerbourneshot

Post by lowerbourneshot »

HarryTom wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 6:21 pm Good look to the Lionesses for tomorrow and the rest of the tournament. Old trafford sold out tomorrow as are the other group games ! and also Wembley sold out for the final. Best of luck girls !
Fair play but ticket prices on the cheap . Try £55 to £200 etc and crowd at OT would be 10000 max . As I said fair play for selling out .
HarryTom

Post by HarryTom »

lowerbourneshot wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 8:52 pm
HarryTom wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 6:21 pm Good look to the Lionesses for tomorrow and the rest of the tournament. Old trafford sold out tomorrow as are the other group games ! and also Wembley sold out for the final. Best of luck girls !
Fair play but ticket prices on the cheap . Try £55 to £200 etc and crowd at OT would be 10000 max . As I said fair play for selling out .
Not sure i fully agree lowerbourne, If people were not interested in watching, then they wouldn't go no matter how cheap the price,
For example, i hate watching snooker, so if some one said i could go to the final of the world championships for £1, i still wouldn't go . not sure about your 1000max as there is a lot more interest in the ladies game then you would think.
lowerbourneshot

Post by lowerbourneshot »

HarryTom wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 9:25 pm
Not sure i fully agree lowerbourne, If people were not interested in watching, then they wouldn't go no matter how cheap the price,
For example, i hate watching snooker, so if some one said i could go to the final of the world championships for £1, i still wouldn't go . not sure about your 1000max as there is a lot more interest in the ladies game then you would think.
I said 10000
Bob

Post by Bob »

Price makes a huge difference, I love football, I’ve loved following Aldershot away since 1987, I love going up north On a Friday by train coming back on Sunday but I ain’t forking out 135 sheets for the privilege!
HarryTom

Post by HarryTom »

lowerbourneshot wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 9:41 pm
HarryTom wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 9:25 pm

I said 10000
Sorry my mistake, you are still way to low with 10000
MikeB

Post by MikeB »

My daughters and I have tickets for the final. I enjoy watching women's football. I am realistic about the quality level but I am very much looking forward to it. I haven't been to a Wembley final since Forest v Southampton in the 1979 League Cup.
redblueuptoyou

Post by redblueuptoyou »

I was going to start a thread about this tournament with a message similar (but no way near as eloquent) as Richard’s.

Full stadiums is amazing - get people in and having a great time and they’ll soon come back at higher prices prices.

I have a good feeling about England going all the way but not sure how strong other teams are. I believe Spain are among the favourites?
Josh

Post by Josh »

Eng v Northern Ireland sold out and tickets were 15,25 or 40.

Aust v NI is 10,15 or 20.

A lot of sports will need to be more creative with their prices to get people back in.

Club football will get away with it due to loyalty.
These prices compare favourably with 5th tier football.
Crowthorne

Post by Crowthorne »

Josh wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 7:10 am Eng v Northern Ireland sold out and tickets were 15,25 or 40.

Aust v NI is 10,15 or 20.

A lot of sports will need to be more creative with their prices to get people back in.

Club football will get away with it due to loyalty.
These prices compare favourably with 5th tier football.
Top flight football will probably escape financial reality, but lower down I think attendances will suffer, as disposable income falls.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Here's something I genuinely read some place and may be worth considering; women are generally shorter than men and it has been discussed about making the goals compensatory smaller as the "gaffes" and high scores are mostly down to playing with full (male) size goals. At youth level the pitch and goals are obviously in line with the age group-should women's goals be smaller ? Personally I enjoy all the goals and gaffes-thoroughly entertaining-but can see smaller goals making it more skillful and competitive where as now a speculative lob is always more than worth a go . Nice if the Lionesses can win it !
Richard Petty

Post by Richard Petty »

hepcat wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 5:20 pm Here's something I genuinely read some place and may be worth considering; women are generally shorter than men and it has been discussed about making the goals compensatory smaller as the "gaffes" and high scores are mostly down to playing with full (male) size goals. At youth level the pitch and goals are obviously in line with the age group-should women's goals be smaller ? Personally I enjoy all the goals and gaffes-thoroughly entertaining-but can see smaller goals making it more skillful and competitive where as now a speculative lob is always more than worth a go . Nice if the Lionesses can win it !
It was some fruit loop in the FA that proposed that but the players themselves and the managers have all dismissed the idea as stupid and unnecessary. They want to play the game on equal terms and goalkeepers at the top levels of the women's game have vastly improved from where they were 10 to 15 years ago.

The biggest problem in the women's game is the actual gulf in quality between the WSL (and perhaps the championship) and the lower leagues. In the men's game of course there is a difference but somehow it doesn't seem so pronounced. For example when a National League club gets on in the FA CUP and draws a big team such as a Championship side you can actually see a competitive game and there is always that dream of an upset. If you put a lower league women's team up against a WSL side then you could safely bet on a the WSL team thrashing the lower league team with a significant scoreline. Its that exclusivity of talent in the WSL that I think is holding back a wider spread of interest in supporting your local women's team and that local support is needed if its to grow the way that is hoped and to develop more successful women players.
The old saying goes "You can please some of the people some of the time, but you will never please all the people all the time." In fact sometimes it seems impossible to even please some of the people any of the time
Shots2000

Post by Shots2000 »

100%! All the best England.