Euros

Bob
Re: Euros

Post by Bob »

I remember when I was working somewhere in the mid 90’s and women used to regularly tell me and the others to shut up when we spoke about football, sorry I can’t and won’t accept women playing football it’s bizarre
Brooklands Shot

Post by Brooklands Shot »

Also there was a sellout crowd of 2500
shots1965

Post by shots1965 »

Richard Petty wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 10:29 pm It wasn't England at their best and certainly a nervy first few minutes but they took control of the game, kept possession and gave Austria only 3 really good chances. Of those chances one went over and the other two were well dealt with by Mary Earpes, one being a very good diving save.

One thing that is certainly more entertaining than some of the more recent England mens games is that they play to win not to draw and keep up consistant press

ure on the oppositions defence

Although as I said above not one of their best performances but it was still an exciting game to watch.

About as exciting as your posts

Wtf are you smoking

It’s boring,embarrassing, painful… which part of that don’t you understand

Tennis all day long
shots1965

Post by shots1965 »

Bob wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 10:37 pm
Crowthorne wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 10:33 pm
larbyshot wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 9:58 pm I enjoyed it tbh.
It's England and it's better than the bloody Tennis (actually, anything is better than Tennis!)
Good luck to them
F1 is worse than tennis, as for the football tonight five minutes for me Sunday morning pub game at best.
68k, must have been 8p to get in
8p to get in haha… that much

Couldn’t pay me enough to watch woman’s alleged football
shots1965

Post by shots1965 »

Police caught fans climbing the fence at the England v Austria game

Told them to get back in and watch the game
redblueuptoyou

Post by redblueuptoyou »

Good time to repost Richard’s initial thoughts:

Now a plea to some on here for while the Euros are on:
Everyone is very aware that Women's football is not seen favourably by a few people on here but please if you’re one of those that can't stand it, don't care about it or any other negative emotion can you just ignore it and any thread that might be on here about it without feeling the need to actually post against it.
supershots

Post by supershots »

redblueuptoyou wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 7:25 am Good time to repost Richard’s initial thoughts:

Everyone is very aware that Women's football is not seen favourably by a few people on here but please if you’re one of those that can't stand it, don't care about it or any other negative emotion can you just ignore it and any thread that might be on here about it without feeling the need to actually post against it.
Everybody is entitled to their opinion and in this country we do have freedom of speech.
redblueuptoyou

Post by redblueuptoyou »

supershots wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 7:57 am
redblueuptoyou wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 7:25 am Good time to repost Richard’s initial thoughts:

Everybody is entitled to their opinion and in this country we do have freedom of speech.
We wanted this to be a positive thread for those of us interested in the tournament to discuss the matches/England’s chances. Unfortunately it’s being derailed - despite Richard’s kindly worded plea - by so much negativity.
larbyshot

Post by larbyshot »

The way l look at it is that it's football, a game we all love.
It's our national team so I want to see them do well. I realise that the speed and power of it all is not comparable to the mens game but the skill level is catching up.
I'd rather watch a game of football (at any level) than most other sports.
HarryTom

Post by HarryTom »

redblueuptoyou wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 10:01 am
supershots wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 7:57 am

We wanted this to be a positive thread for those of us interested in the tournament to discuss the matches/England’s chances. Unfortunately it’s being derailed - despite Richard’s kindly worded plea - by so much negativity.
Totally agree, i guess some just need something so be negative about, i enjoyed last nites game, and looking forward to when we play N/I.
Bob

Post by Bob »

It’s not the standard that gets me it’s the fact that 99% of girls/ women detested the game once upon a time and now it seems like a 50/50 split which is extremely odd!
ACA

Post by ACA »

Why is it odd, though? What's so weird about women liking the game more now than they did in the past?
larbyshot

Post by larbyshot »

Bob wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 1:05 pm It’s not the standard that gets me it’s the fact that 99% of girls/ women detested the game once upon a time and now it seems like a 50/50 split which is extremely odd!
In fairness, you could say the same thing whenever England do well in a competition.
The amount of 'Football fans' who turned up down my local was ridiculous. One bloke even asking me 'which team are England '
Same thing for the Shots. How many turned up for the Man U game?
Mytshot

Post by Mytshot »

Bob wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 1:05 pm It’s not the standard that gets me it’s the fact that 99% of girls/ women detested the game once upon a time and now it seems like a 50/50 split which is extremely odd!
Maybe they never detested it. Maybe it was something to do with women being banned from playing the game until 1971 (hard to believe now) or the fact that if a woman walked around the edge of the pitch 30 odd years ago they would've been greeted by chants of "get your t*ts out for the lads". Just a couple of good reasons why women may not have wanted to get involved.

Thanks goodness the world (on the surface anyway) is a better place and 50% of the population are now allowed and feel comfortable to take part in our national game.
supershots

Post by supershots »

Mytshot wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 2:27 pm
Maybe they never detested it. Maybe it was something to do with women being banned from playing the game until 1971 (hard to believe now) or the fact that if a woman walked around the edge of the pitch 30 odd years ago they would've been greeted by chants of "get your t*ts out for the lads". Just a couple of good reasons why women may not have wanted to get involved.

Thanks goodness the world (on the surface anyway) is a better place and 50% of the population are now allowed and feel comfortable to take part in our national game.
And the problem with that is?