Lease

Dom Sterlings Left Leg
Re: Lease

Post by Dom Sterlings Left Leg »

It will be fascinating to see how financially it all stacks up...

Based on the little information that has been made public ie, suggested budget, some of the constraints that are known (access, railway line) and the idea this will all be done while playing at the ground.... personally I don't see its possible given the circumstances..

purely speculating (inevitable given the gaping hole in communication from the club) but I assume the hold up is more to do with making the finances work / building something that matches the stated ambition of the project (already waterer down with no hotel).. I suspect we will end up with more of a new stand / refurb job which would be something but in true ATFC style will be another missed opportunity.. perhaps the biggest of them all...
Birdman

Post by Birdman »

Maybe it’s my age but I’m quite happy to wait until some solid information regarding the redevelopment comes out. Solid information such as the plans have been approved by the council, the development company has signed on the dotted line and the lease can now be signed off.
“The benefit of hindsight can be a wonderful thing.”
supershots

Post by supershots »

Birdman wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 2:09 pm Maybe it’s my age but I’m quite happy to wait until some solid information regarding the redevelopment comes out. Solid information such as the plans have been approved by the council, the development company has signed on the dotted line and the lease can now be signed off.
It's the youngsters Birdman they have no patience :shock:
Dom Sterlings Left Leg

Post by Dom Sterlings Left Leg »

I'm not sure it's a question of patience, it's just an inevitable consequence of making a big deal of something and then providing zero noteworthy updates whilst stated dates quietly slip by..

Let's face it, this is the most important project in the clubs history and decisions here will have long term implications on the clubs future... the BOD have more or less stated we won't be able to compete again until this is done, so I don't think it's unreasonable or indeed unexpected that passionate fans of this club that are desperate to see this happen might question what's going on...
Shots1954

Post by Shots1954 »

Dom Sterlings Left Leg wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 3:18 pm I'm not sure it's a question of patience, it's just an inevitable consequence of making a big deal of something and then providing zero noteworthy updates whilst stated dates quietly slip by..

Let's face it, this is the most important project in the clubs history and decisions here will have long term implications on the clubs future... the BOD have more or less stated we won't be able to compete again until this is done, so I don't think it's unreasonable or indeed unexpected that passionate fans of this club that are desperate to see this happen might question what's going on...
Spot on Dom!
Ascot Shot

Post by Ascot Shot »

brian bloomfield wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 1:26 pm Of course the ground will be redeveloped!!!
Build costs may of gone up but also the delay gives time for the club to look at ways of maximising the development opportunity, designing a more sustainable developed venue and to look at further joint funding areas.
I would hazard a guess and hope, that the club are maybe nearer the start point than most believe.

Something has to happen Brian. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I was under the impression that when the announcement that the ground would be redeveloped, the reason given was because that it was cheaper than replacing every nut, bolt and washer holding up the existing stands and floodlight pylons. The current stadium requires a safety certificate within a certain time frame (every 5 years ?) and we must be close to that expiring ? The ground used to come under the Taylor Report and had to be maintained to a Football League standard, costing the club a fortune. Does this still apply ?
The last thing I want to see is sections of the ground being gradually closed down due to not being fit for purpose. Or do we end up with no home and going cap in hand down the road into a ground sharing arrangement !

COYS.
Sean Chambers

Post by Sean Chambers »

Didn’t the Chairman say at Shareholders meeting that it was being put back till the end of the year.
Headley Shot

Post by Headley Shot »

Ascot Shot wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 4:02 pm
brian bloomfield wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 1:26 pm Of course the ground will be redeveloped!!!
Build costs may of gone up but also the delay gives time for the club to look at ways of maximising the development opportunity, designing a more sustainable developed venue and to look at further joint funding areas.
I would hazard a guess and hope, that the club are maybe nearer the start point than most believe.

Something has to happen Brian. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I was under the impression that when the announcement that the ground would be redeveloped, the reason given was because that it was cheaper than replacing every nut, bolt and washer holding up the existing stands and floodlight pylons. The current stadium requires a safety certificate within a certain time frame (every 5 years ?) and we must be close to that expiring ? The ground used to come under the Taylor Report and had to be maintained to a Football League standard, costing the club a fortune. Does this still apply ?
The last thing I want to see is sections of the ground being gradually closed down due to not being fit for purpose. Or do we end up with no home and going cap in hand down the road into a ground sharing arrangement !

COYS.
Unfortunately, that’s the most likely scenario. The San Cheerio awaits and Rushmoor council will point the Shots towards Farnborough rather than spend any money maintaining the Rec. I would speculate that the BOD would rather build the flats, demolish the Rec and move to a ground share with Farnborough. As long as the Rec still has a football pitch or park area, no covenants would be broken from the Council’s point of view. It’s a hot potato but supporters have no say over what happens at Aldershot Town.
dougoftheshots

Post by dougoftheshots »

The day we start sharing with farnborough i will stop going not that i have many years left in me anyway .
aldershot fc 1955
WTF

Post by WTF »

Sean Chambers wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 6:02 pm Didn’t the Chairman say at Shareholders meeting that it was being put back till the end of the year.
Perhaps a shareholder can confirm this?
Turnkey

Post by Turnkey »

Headley Shot wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 11:07 am …no covenants would be broken from the Council’s point of view.
Has anybody ever seen this mystical covenant recorded anywhere? Surely if it exists over a public owned facility the record of it would be in the public domain? The only time I hear of it mentioned is on here.
Ian M

Post by Ian M »

I don't know anything about it, so I'll make something up.

I won't be the only one. :lol:
Logic has no place in being a Shots supporter!

We are back. Bloomin' back! Who'd have thought it!
karlready

Post by karlready »

Turnkey wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 12:44 pm
Headley Shot wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 11:07 am …no covenants would be broken from the Council’s point of view.
Has anybody ever seen this mystical covenant recorded anywhere? Surely if it exists over a public owned facility the record of it would be in the public domain? The only time I hear of it mentioned is on here.
It’s a public park.
through a glass darkly
Turnkey

Post by Turnkey »

karlready wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 2:25 pm
It’s a public park.
I understand that, but where is it recorded that it can’t be developed? Plenty of public parks in Basingstoke now have houses on them.
Statto

Post by Statto »

I made an FOI request to Rushmoor Borough Council a while back and they had no record of any such covenant. They also had no record of the land being gifted to the people of the town (I did "report" this at the time).

Also, some time back, an officer of the club told me that there was "Some kind of restriction pertaining to a strip of land (unspecified in size) along the South Stand side of the ground", but they were not aware of any more detail.