Lease

Localshot
Re: Lease

Post by Localshot »

My recollections are somewhat vague but I seem to remember the rail authorities 'owned' the approach path from the High Street to the Tea hut and a strip of Wallys Bar closest to the railway line. No evidence to support this however just words from folk at the club in the know.
Turnkey

Post by Turnkey »

Localshot wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 4:38 pm My recollections are somewhat vague but I seem to remember the rail authorities 'owned' the approach path from the High Street to the Tea hut and a strip of Wallys Bar closest to the railway line. No evidence to support this however just words from folk at the club in the know.
That should be easily tracked down if anyone is so inclined as all railway boundary’s are held at the Land Registry and are open to public view.
dougoftheshots

Post by dougoftheshots »

Think the only bit that belongs to the railway are part of the old dressing rooms wallys bar as the fence line goes through them .
aldershot fc 1955
GetShotDownunder

Post by GetShotDownunder »

Imagine a covenant (if one exists) would be found on a title search (as per over here).
Also any encroachments would need to be 're-established' by a land survey.
It's not just 90 minutes when it's modern day life support! ❤️💙
Stenhouse

Post by Stenhouse »

GetShotDownunder wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 7:58 pm Imagine a covenant (if one exists) would be found on a title search (as per over here).
If the club has encroached on the said piece of land for over 20 years, with no objections from the owner, then there is a case for adoption by the incumbent.
Wylie, McLaughlan & Jack, Taylor, Kinnell & Moore, Sugden, Dickson, Mullen, Bostock & Ross.
FleetShot

Post by FleetShot »

My uncle was the groundsman at the Rec in the 60's and early 70's. I remember him saying that the path that runs parallel with the railway line, that went from the gate by the public toilets, under the stands and the side of the East Bank to the turnstile was a public right of way and accessible to everyone. The gates could only be closed on matchdays for a certain amount of hours. This may of changed, as it is now permanently closed apart from matchdays.
Localshot

Post by Localshot »

Stenhouse wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 8:18 pm
GetShotDownunder wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 7:58 pm Imagine a covenant (if one exists) would be found on a title search (as per over here).
If the club has encroached on the said piece of land for over 20 years, with no objections from the owner, then there is a case for adoption by the incumbent.
Authorities from the railways visited the ground and inspected the path and the South Stand area when I was a volunteer so they knew the situation and that was less than 20 years ago so I guess that clause wouldn't be relevant now.
Stenhouse

Post by Stenhouse »

Thanks Local. Kills that possibility.
Wylie, McLaughlan & Jack, Taylor, Kinnell & Moore, Sugden, Dickson, Mullen, Bostock & Ross.
AFC197273

Post by AFC197273 »

No idea about the lease but this board have delivered their MO of making us a community non league football club.
This leaves us in a very poor position (as verified by our dwindling support).If people want league football which we can't offer anymore they will go to Reading,Portsmouth or up to London,alternatively if they want community football (which is us now) people will tend to stick to their own community team i.e Camberley, Fleet.Farnham,Badshot Lea or wherever they reside further afield and in all honesty you cannot blame them.
Aldershot used to draw people from a wide catchment area as a proud league team sadly that is no more and with the current board will remain so .We are now left with a few old duffers who remember the old days (me) and a few community fans.
HackJowarth

Post by HackJowarth »

AFC197273 wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 11:12 pm No idea about the lease but this board have delivered their MO of making us a community non league football club.
This leaves us in a very poor position (as verified by our dwindling support).If people want league football which we can't offer anymore they will go to Reading,Portsmouth or up to London,alternatively if they want community football (which is us now) people will tend to stick to their own community team i.e Camberley, Fleet.Farnham,Badshot Lea or wherever they reside further afield and in all honesty you cannot blame them.
Aldershot used to draw people from a wide catchment area as a proud league team sadly that is no more and with the current board will remain so .We are now left with a few old duffers who remember the old days (me) and a few community fans.
Well said sir! 100% correct in my opinion.
GetShotDownunder

Post by GetShotDownunder »

Probably giving away my profession but Victorian law is 15 years on adverse possession again over here, if similar there is no loophole as you can not claim against crown land such as road reserves or railway reserves.
It's not just 90 minutes when it's modern day life support! ❤️💙
Shots1954

Post by Shots1954 »

HackJowarth wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 11:27 pm
AFC197273 wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 11:12 pm No idea about the lease but this board have delivered their MO of making us a community non league football club.
Well said sir! 100% correct in my opinion.
I agree with both of you!
karlready

Post by karlready »

I do wonder in what way we can be called a community club. If I didn’t take an active interest in such news as there is ( mainly via this website ), as a resident of Aldershot I would scarcely be aware of the club’s existence, much less any “community “ involvement.
All I see on a fairly regular basis is use of the High St. seating. Am I missing something?
IMO, therefore, we are between a rock and a hard place, not with any immediate chance of becoming a “proud “ league club, or being a credible non-league club with meaningful local involvement.
If our long-term MO ambition is indeed to be a viable non-league team, then it’s not for me, and I fear, not for many others either.
through a glass darkly
Statto

Post by Statto »

AFC197273 wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 11:12 pmIf people want league football which we can't offer anymore they will go to Reading,Portsmouth or up to London,alternatively if they want community football (which is us now) people will tend to stick to their own community team i.e Camberley, Fleet.Farnham,Badshot Lea or wherever they reside further afield and in all honesty you cannot blame them
Trust me, I won't be going to R*****g to watch football unless the Shots or Leeds are playing there! :evil: :twisted:
HackJowarth

Post by HackJowarth »

karlready wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 11:01 am I do wonder in what way we can be called a community club. If I didn’t take an active interest in such news as there is ( mainly via this website ), as a resident of Aldershot I would scarcely be aware of the club’s existence, much less any “community “ involvement.
All I see on a fairly regular basis is use of the High St. seating. Am I missing something?
IMO, therefore, we are between a rock and a hard place, not with any immediate chance of becoming a “proud “ league club, or being a credible non-league club with meaningful local involvement.
If our long-term MO ambition is indeed to be a viable non-league team, then it’s not for me, and I fear, not for many others either.
It's the Foundation which is attached to the Football Club that appeals to some!