Kit

HackJowarth
Re: Kit

Post by HackJowarth »

Perhaps someone here, or for example The Supporters Club, could contact the suppliers directly to get an update for those who have handed over their hard earned?
redblueuptoyou

Post by redblueuptoyou »

Bob wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 6:59 pm
Shots91 wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 6:45 pm Thanks that some of you are backing me up on this 👍.
I love the club, even how bad it's been over the last few years I've still attended every home game and as many away games as I can with or without a season ticket.

I know the club isn't the best with keeping fans updated I.e. with players ins and outs etc...
But when it comes down to something like this where fans have paid out alot of money and hearing nothing back then we are not getting the service we've paid for.
I'm a chilled guy but this situation with the shirts have taken the biscuit.
For me times are different and hard theses days and fans worry about finances and this shirt thing wasn't cheap , so the best thing they could do is given us updates from time to time just go make us feel like we're in the loop on what's going on with our money.

I know its out of the clubs hand if there is problems with the makers then yes I know its not clubs fault but it's down to the club to keep us informed.
I presume the £100 is for 2 shirts surely not for 1?
£50 for the shirt, £50 to get your name woven in.
Shots91

Post by Shots91 »

New Recruit that is fair enough that your not bothered by it all which i respect, but i have said its not the clubs fault but I still want to hear it from them.

We've paid them the money so I want to hear it from the club. I only found out that there was a problem with shirts only when someone put the link on this site otherwise I wouldn't of known. I don't live like a caveman but I didn't see any info around about it.

Like I said I know its not the clubs fault but there is still no harm in letting us know.

They've obviously been in communication with the supplier about it as I see that the shirts are here for the players, so I assume the club and suppliers have been in contact with each other over that.
So I'm sure the club has been given some idea on what's happening and when their expecting the rest or a rough date.
all the club has to do is put updates out to us as to what communication they've had.
I guarantee the club has a rough idea when they are due and they probably know if we're going to be able to get them in time for Saturday or not.
That would be a start.

To me that is not to much to ask for is it.
GrahamH

Post by GrahamH »

I spoke with Matt W last weekend and he said at the time that shirts should start arriving the end of this week.

I think everyone knows that most clubs in the country are in the same situation with shipment of kits from overseas but what is unacceptable is the lack of comms from the club and updates.

On the official website I have gone back to July 1st and cannot see any updates there at all.

I have messaged the club and asked them to at least let the fans know what is happening.
Shots91

Post by Shots91 »

Thanks for that input GrahamH 👍

I hope you get a response back from them and don't get ignored.
hopefully the right thing will be done with an update.
Shots91

Post by Shots91 »

I know GrahamH has just given us an idea of what hes been told, but it's only a small handful of supporters on here not everyone uses this site.
So an update needs to be put on all social media platforms they are on and obviously the main website.
Aldershot_Rob

Post by Aldershot_Rob »

The club not updating the fans on shirts is inexcusable. Yes, there may well be a shortage nationwide but supporters shouldn't be left to dissect on hearsay and conjecture.

I can sure as sh!t guarantee you if your direct debit for one of their money raising initiatives bounced they'd be on the blower to you in a flash.
Sean Chambers

Post by Sean Chambers »

As others have said it’s out of the clubs control and I fully understand and appreciate that,but there is absolutely no excuse for the lack of communication over this, just a simply update would do.
Remember during the pandemic we were told that Fans Matter, well obviously we don’t regarding this, just a simple bit of communication to let people know what’s happening is all it takes.

https://youtu.be/p-QqRewb7V8
Ian M

Post by Ian M »

I don't think any new kit has ever arrived in July. I've never known a firm delivery date any year.
Delays on all kits has been on the Internet and several feeds.

Spookily, not receiving my shirt yet has caused me absolutely no anxiety or stress what so ever!

What am I missing? Should I be chaining myself to Mark B's garden gate in protest? Has HRH been informed?
Logic has no place in being a Shots supporter!

We are back. Bloomin' back! Who'd have thought it!
Statto

Post by Statto »

Sean Chambers wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 9:29 pm As others have said it’s out of the clubs control and I fully understand and appreciate that,but there is absolutely no excuse for the lack of communication over this, just a simply update would do.
Remember during the pandemic we were told that Fans Matter, well obviously we don’t regarding this, just a simple bit of communication to let people know what’s happening is all it takes.

https://youtu.be/p-QqRewb7V8
^ THIS!
Statto

Post by Statto »

Shots91 wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 5:58 pm I just still can't believe there has still been no update on what's going on the shirts.
Not hearing anything from the club I'm still holding on to we might be able to receive them before Saturday or on Saturday when attending, as I'm one of those who purchased to collect from the shop.
With 5 days to go the hope is disappearing.

I do not understand at all why we have been left in the dark about it. It was very rushed to get our money in to have them with us by early June which some of us didnt have the funds to spend by the deadline at the time but we still managed too as like me i didnt want to miss out.
We are now in August and that is 2 months late.
It's obvious that the players have received there's so what is going on!!!

If anyone wants to defend the club on this then that's down to you, but we have paid a lot of money for these and they should have the decency to let us know.

Its been way too long now.

If I don't hear the club personally give us information on what's going on by Friday then come Saturday I will attending the club shop for a refund! And I will not take no for an answer.

Been an absolute joke so far, the silence and delay from the club makes me not bothered or interested for my shirt anymore. No info in the few days then I want my money back!! Where I could be having that £100 to better use.
Don't take peoples hard earned money then keep us in the dark about it.

Sorry for the rant.
No need to apologise for making a valid point.
CH

Post by CH »

Remember it's only a 1 year design, so it will only be about 6 months before they are advertising the new 23/24 design and asking us to fork out another £50
Shots91

Post by Shots91 »

Yeah ok Ian M, good for you that you are fine with it and not affecting you.
It's not affecting alot of us either, but most of us are in agreement on what the club should be doing.
A bit of communication with the fans is all we are asking for.
Sean Chambers

Post by Sean Chambers »

Ian M wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 12:15 pm I don't think any new kit has ever arrived in July. I've never known a firm delivery date any year.
Delays on all kits has been on the Internet and several feeds.

Spookily, not receiving my shirt yet has caused me absolutely no anxiety or stress what so ever!

What am I missing? Should I be chaining myself to Mark B's garden gate in protest? Has HRH been informed?
I have no anxiety or stress over it either, however as a club I think a wee bit of communication over it isn’t a lot to ask, especially when people have paid their hard earned in these difficult times.
Ian M

Post by Ian M »

I don't disagree that the communication could be better, but crikey when has that not been the case? In the club's defence, I suspect resources are thin on the ground and this is down the list of priorities. It shouldn't be but that's the reality. Hence my low bother level!
Logic has no place in being a Shots supporter!

We are back. Bloomin' back! Who'd have thought it!