Solihull line up

chimpster99
Re: Solihull line up

Post by chimpster99 »

With what we currently have, assuming Amartey is suspended and Phillips not yet ready:

Luca
Davies Jordan Cordner Harfield
Partington Klass
Harris
Amaluzor Effiong Willard

Subs: Hall KLF Shroll McQuoid HP

Got to sort out another midfielder! Uche looked decent enough but I'd love to see someone come in with decent NL/EFL experience
'Players lose you games, not tactics. There's so much crap talked about tactics by people who barely know how to win at dominoes. ' Brian Clough
billyboy

Post by billyboy »

Based on what we currently have -

Ashby-Hammond

Davies
Jordan
Cordner
Harfield

Partington
Ngalo

Willard
Harris
Amaluzor

Effiong
karlready

Post by karlready »

supershots wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 5:52 pm I think we are Sylla away from a good team, MM should go find Sylla and increase the offer for him and sign him up
He was head and shoulders better than others on the pitch last season. We have given him an offer, he has not taken it, we do not seem to have any info on him signing for anybody now is the one to get him.
Agree, Sylla was a powerful performer, but a bit nice. A horrible b****rd required, I’m afraid, much as it will upset purists. This is a brutal league, let’s be pragmatic about it.
through a glass darkly
chimpster99

Post by chimpster99 »

billyboy wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 6:14 pm Based on what we currently have -

Ashby-Hammond

Davies
Jordan
Cordner
Harfield

Partington
Ngalo

Willard
Harris
Amaluzor

Effiong
Ngalo gone
'Players lose you games, not tactics. There's so much crap talked about tactics by people who barely know how to win at dominoes. ' Brian Clough
billyboy

Post by billyboy »

chimpster99 wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 6:25 pm

Ashby-Hammond

Davies
Jordan
Cordner
Harfield

Partington
Ngalo

Willard
Harris
Amaluzor

Effiong
Ngalo gone
Has this been confirmed?
chimpster99

Post by chimpster99 »

billyboy wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 6:43 pm

Ashby-Hammond

Davies
Jordan
Cordner
Harfield

Partington
Ngalo

Willard
Harris
Amaluzor

Effiong
Ngalo gone
Has this been confirmed?
It's what I was told at the open day, but there's been no official announcement.
cal_shots

Post by cal_shots »

supershots wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 5:52 pm I think we are Sylla away from a good team, MM should go find Sylla and increase the offer for him and sign him up
He was head and shoulders better than others on the pitch last season. We have given him an offer, he has not taken it, we do not seem to have any info on him signing for anybody now is the one to get him.
Totally agree with this!!
billyboy

Post by billyboy »

chimpster99 wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 7:29 pm
billyboy wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 6:43 pm

Ngalo gone
Has this been confirmed?
It's what I was told at the open day, but there's been no official announcement.
Fair enough, thank you. Shame as I think he could be a decent player.
JOELC26

Post by JOELC26 »

A tough one this as I think there are a number of guaranteed starters. The back 5 picks it’s self and Partington/Effiong will definitely start. My starting line up would be:

GK - Ashby-Hammond
RB - Davies
CB - Jordan
CB - Cordner
LB - Harfield
DM - Partington
CM -Harris
CM - Klass
RW - Amartey (if not suspended)
ST - Effiong
LW - Willard

Subs - Hall phillips (KLF if not fit), Mcquiod, amalazour, panayioutou

I thought amalazour was poor vs Havant and amartey offered much more. Shows our lack of depth in CM because I personally think Harris should be benched for his last 2 games but don’t think Mcquiod is fit enough to replace him.

The positions up for grabs are the midfield and wingers.

If
Shot To Bits

Post by Shot To Bits »

Early in the season is always a good time to play the more fancied sides. They will have new players bedding in, trying new systems etc, and looking for players to gel together.

Solihull aren't likely to be the finished article on Saturday and there are areas within their team we can look to exploit.

Ryan Boot, their 1st choice goalkeeper is injured. They have a 20 year old lad on loan, who played 17 times in National League South last season who is likely to start.

We can look to exert some pressure on him, especially as Solihulls' defence is far from settled.

As I have mentioned before, there is no recognised left back in their squad as of today. It's imperative we use a right winger to expose that perceived weakness down that side.

That's why Amaluzour has to start for me. WIth Davies supporting in attack.

Solihull have tinkered with different formations in defence of late. They tried out a 3-5-2, and with no left sided defender, that may be their choice for Saturday.

If they go with that, their back 3 would have little experience of playing in this system so we could look to exploit it.

Needless to say in an attacking sense Solihull are strong all over the pitch. Three quality attackers, and tricky wide men. They will be expected to be within the top 3 highest goalscorers within the league.

All players are available, apart from Donowa, who would have been unlikely to make the final XI.

With Amartey suspended, and with what we have available to date, I'd go:

Ashby Hammond
Davies. Jordan. Cordner. Harfield
Partington. Harris. Mcquoid (if fit) or Klass
Amaluzour. Effiong. Willard

That's not an ideal set up by any means, but what other options are there?
HarryTom

Post by HarryTom »

Shot To Bits wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 1:51 pm Early in the season is always a good time to play the more fancied sides. They will have new players bedding in, trying new systems etc, and looking for players to gel together.

Solihull aren't likely to be the finished article on Saturday and there are areas within their team we can look to exploit.

Ryan Boot, their 1st choice goalkeeper is injured. They have a 20 year old lad on loan, who played 17 times in National League South last season who is likely to start.

We can look to exert some pressure on him, especially as Solihulls' defence is far from settled.

As I have mentioned before, there is no recognised left back in their squad as of today. It's imperative we use a right winger to expose that perceived weakness down that side.

That's why Amaluzour has to start for me. WIth Davies supporting in attack.

Solihull have tinkered with different formations in defence of late. They tried out a 3-5-2, and with no left sided defender, that may be their choice for Saturday.

If they go with that, their back 3 would have little experience of playing in this system so we could look to exploit it.

Needless to say in an attacking sense Solihull are strong all over the pitch. Three quality attackers, and tricky wide men. They will be expected to be within the top 3 highest goalscorers within the league.

All players are available, apart from Donowa, who would have been unlikely to make the final XI.

With Amartey suspended, and with what we have available to date, I'd go:

Ashby Hammond
Davies. Jordan. Cordner. Harfield
Partington. Harris. Mcquoid (if fit) or Klass
Amaluzour. Effiong. Willard

That's not an ideal set up by any means, but what other options are there?
I am sure MM will have his team ready for Saturday, whatever players we have available
Shot To Bits

Post by Shot To Bits »

Both Cordner and Mcquoid managed to score for Weymouth against Solihull last season. It's not impossible that both could do it again on Saturday.

But Harfield and Cordner were 50% of the defence that saw Weymouth ship 7 goals in 2 games against Solihull last term. Harfield also put through his own net.
HarryTom

Post by HarryTom »

Shot To Bits wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 2:53 pm Both Cordner and Mcquoid managed to score for Weymouth against Solihull last season. It's not impossible that both could do it again on Saturday.

But Harfield and Cordner were 50% of the defence that saw Weymouth ship 7 goals in 2 games against Solihull last term. Harfield also put through his own net.
Putting the ball in your own net happens to the best players sometimes, so i am not sure why you have brought that fact up.
And i am sure he didn't do it on purpose !
Shots2000

Post by Shots2000 »

Says a lot we’re fearing the mighty Solihull moors 😂😂
HarryTom

Post by HarryTom »

Shots2000 wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 3:23 pm Says a lot we’re fearing the mighty Solihull moors 😂😂
Agree 2000, all this hype about the moors, ok they have done well, but it's a clean slate for everyone, us included, Moors who ?