Solihull line up

Shots2000
Re: Solihull line up

Post by Shots2000 »

HarryTom wrote: ↑Mon Aug 01, 2022 3:33 pm
Shots2000 wrote: ↑Mon Aug 01, 2022 3:23 pm Says a lot we’re fearing the mighty Solihull moors πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Agree 2000, all this hype about the moors, ok they have done well, but it's a clean slate for everyone, us included, Moors who ?
I think we’ll shock them. Playoff hangover a few key injuries. Massively overachieved last season
karlready

Post by karlready »

Shots2000 wrote: ↑Mon Aug 01, 2022 3:48 pm
HarryTom wrote: ↑Mon Aug 01, 2022 3:33 pm
Shots2000 wrote: ↑Mon Aug 01, 2022 3:23 pm Says a lot we’re fearing the mighty Solihull moors πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Agree 2000, all this hype about the moors, ok they have done well, but it's a clean slate for everyone, us included, Moors who ?
I think we’ll shock them. Playoff hangover a few key injuries. Massively overachieved last season
Hardly an overachievement. Positive forward planning board, well financed and coached.
MIGHT be a good time to play them, IF we are up for it, but fully expect them to be playoff again.
Unless it’s the usual gripe about ground, support, history, etc….
through a glass darkly
Richard Petty

Post by Richard Petty »

Anyone can be beaten on the day and we certainly shouldn't fear them. However touch of reality, they were 3rd in the table on 87 points which is a decent points haul and as I understand it although they have had some changes to their team the spine of it is the same as last year so it would be reasonable to assume that they should be around the top again this season.
The old saying goes "You can please some of the people some of the time, but you will never please all the people all the time." In fact sometimes it seems impossible to even please some of the people any of the time
Shot To Bits

Post by Shot To Bits »

It says a lot when we're fearing the mighty Solihull Moors.

I mean we haven't beaten them since 2017 and lost each and every one of our last 7 competitive fixtures against them.

Moors who?
Shots2000

Post by Shots2000 »

Shot To Bits wrote: ↑Mon Aug 01, 2022 7:43 pm It says a lot when we're fearing the mighty Solihull Moors.

I mean we haven't beaten them since 2017 and lost each and every one of our last 7 competitive fixtures against them.

Moors who?
It’s more the fact that a few yrs ago we absolutely walked all over them now look where the two clubs are
CH

Post by CH »

Shot To Bits wrote: ↑Mon Aug 01, 2022 7:43 pm It says a lot when we're fearing the mighty Solihull Moors.

Moors who?
Was the 3-2 trophy win in 2021 not competitive then? :wink:
redandbluescb

Post by redandbluescb »

We will beat Solihull i feel this team going forward will cause away sides a lot of problems.
shotsboy66

Post by shotsboy66 »

Shots2000 wrote: ↑Mon Aug 01, 2022 7:51 pm

Moors who?
It’s more the fact that a few yrs ago we absolutely walked all over them now look where the two clubs are
Solihull have dared to dream...they`ve got the bug now. Didn`t they get double Aldershot`s point total last season?

As the old saying goes..you can`t have ambition without ammunition! Alas ATFC have never really been the same since GW left to join Wycomble. The stability of the club suffered for me after that- and the passing of John McGinty,

However this season will be so important for Aldershot. As a previous poster said..what an opportunity to get more families/kids in after the lionesses win yesterday. The fan base will need to be entertained.

Should have the makings of a good game Saturday. I`m predicting 2-2..
Ian Rust

Post by Ian Rust »

Team will likely be;

Ashby-Hammond
Davies ~ Cordner ~ Jordan ~ Harfield
Partington
Glover ~ Klass ~ Amaluzor
Willard ~ Effiong

Subs:
McQuoid
Hall
Anderson
Lyons-Foster
Panayiotou

Not strong enough I'm afraid
Mick Earls Fan Club

Post by Mick Earls Fan Club »

Ian Rust wrote: ↑Fri Aug 05, 2022 6:43 pm Team will likely be;

Ashby-Hammond
Partington
Willard ~ Effiong

Subs:
McQuoid
Hall
Anderson
Lyons-Foster
Panayiotou

Maybe a chance McQuoid starts ahead of Klass.

Surprise punt on KLF getting a defensive midfield role?
Weybourne Shot

Post by Weybourne Shot »

Mick Earls Fan Club wrote: ↑Fri Aug 05, 2022 7:01 pm
Ian Rust wrote: ↑Fri Aug 05, 2022 6:43 pm Team will likely be;

Ashby-Hammond
Partington
Willard ~ Effiong

Subs:
McQuoid
Hall
Anderson
Lyons-Foster
Panayiotou

Maybe a chance McQuoid starts ahead of Klass.

Surprise punt on KLF getting a defensive midfield role?
Really hope not it didn't work before when we tried it πŸ˜•
and Richard Walden puts the Shots 1-0 up against Man Utd
fredandballou

Post by fredandballou »

MM said in the pre match interview a couple of players will be missing from tomorrow's team (he didn't say who) presumably some form of injury. A bit worrying seeing as our squad is so small.
Josh

Post by Josh »

Shot To Bits wrote: ↑Mon Aug 01, 2022 1:51 pm Early in the season is always a good time to play the more fancied sides. They will have new players bedding in, trying new systems etc, and looking for players to gel together.

We did lose to Chesterfield and Notts County in our first four games last season.
Josh

Post by Josh »

Weybourne Shot wrote: ↑Sun Jul 31, 2022 1:29 pm The squad looks ill balanced to me with too many in defensive/forward positions and unless there are some very late additions, I think the low numbers in key midfield areas will be very quickly exposed. MM has had all summer to assemble a squad to improve our fortunes, but is the imbalance down to his misjudgement or a pure lack of finance?
Can't believe a team with TB in control of transfers, isn't prepared for the season.
JOELC26

Post by JOELC26 »

Will be interested to see how mark lines is up here.

For me we have 2 options

3-4-3
Ashby-Hammond
KLF. Jordan. Cordner
Davies. Klass. Partington. Harfield
Amalazour Effiong Willard
Or glover

Or 4-3-3

Ashby-Hammond
Davies Jordan. Cordner Harfield
Partington
Klass. Glover
Amalazour. Effiong. Willard

If Amartey suspension is not intact I would start him!