Match Day Tickets Solihull

Bob
Re: Match Day Tickets Solihull

Post by Bob »

Shots91 wrote: ↑Wed Aug 03, 2022 7:39 pm I see this topic has been a problem for a while now.
This system I can understand if we were a top national league side who was fighting for promotion and drawing big crowds week in week out.
Then I can understand online ticketing and for seating etc...

Unfortunately we are not in that position to worry about flocks of fans queing down the high street to get in.
I think the most fans you see queing to get into the ground these days is the lot who want to get into the ground straight away but normally the turnstiles are late opening like they are most of the time otherwise there's no quing even right up to kick off really.
So I do hate it when we get on social media...by your online tickets now to avoid queing...sorry never happens. And no having your phone scanned is not much quicker then handing a £20 note over.

Let's get real with this whole having to pay and stay in your location..it is not needed. Not while we only get 1,300 - 1,800 at best all season.

I've been to plenty away games and I go to other local grounds when I can't make a shots away game...so i go over to places like Dorking, Farnborough, Leatherhead and so on...sometimes even woking when they got a decent opponents.
And each and every one of these football grounds I go to is all the same.
You can buy tickets online if you want but you can pay on the day. Most turnstiles will have similar signs I.e.

Turnstile 1 - card only
Turnstile 2 - cash and card
Turnstile 3 - pre paid tickets
Season ticket holders use any turnstile

The Turnstile operators have nothing special with them apart from a cash box and one of those little white contactless card readers that most places have theses days. Even the burger vans have them.
And they don't worry about giving you a ticket as you've paid to get in that's all you need.

To me this is all we need to be doing. You don't need a ticket as most of these grounds let you go where you want, seat or terrace.
The only thing is they want is to not sit in a season ticket seat which would either have a name on it or a sticker, otherwise sit where you like.

We were like this once with what I've just explained not so long ago. I don't know why we can't be like that again.

So I think that we should have at least 1 Turnstile for cash.
We should stop the whole seating thing as there's so many seats available come 3 o'clock and you should be allowed to sit where you like, just not in a season ticket seat.
And the terrace ticket should freely allow you to go where you like and fancy at the time.

If we had a game where we knew we were expecting a crowd of let's say over 4000 then yes use the online system. And have seat and terrace allocated.
It's just not needed all this for the attendance we get.

The attendance these days are so small at the EBB we shouldn't be worrying about any of this and we shouldn't have to pay to be restricted to one area that isn't even full.
Crikey, someone with a bit of common sense 👍good post 91
Jason

Post by Jason »

Shots91 wrote: ↑Wed Aug 03, 2022 7:39 pm I see this topic has been a problem for a while now.
This system I can understand if we were a top national league side who was fighting for promotion and drawing big crowds week in week out.
Then I can understand online ticketing and for seating etc...

Unfortunately we are not in that position to worry about flocks of fans queing down the high street to get in.
I think the most fans you see queing to get into the ground these days is the lot who want to get into the ground straight away but normally the turnstiles are late opening like they are most of the time otherwise there's no quing even right up to kick off really.
So I do hate it when we get on social media...by your online tickets now to avoid queing...sorry never happens. And no having your phone scanned is not much quicker then handing a £20 note over.

Let's get real with this whole having to pay and stay in your location..it is not needed. Not while we only get 1,300 - 1,800 at best all season.

I've been to plenty away games and I go to other local grounds when I can't make a shots away game...so i go over to places like Dorking, Farnborough, Leatherhead and so on...sometimes even woking when they got a decent opponents.
And each and every one of these football grounds I go to is all the same.
You can buy tickets online if you want but you can pay on the day. Most turnstiles will have similar signs I.e.

Turnstile 1 - card only
Turnstile 2 - cash and card
Turnstile 3 - pre paid tickets
Season ticket holders use any turnstile

The Turnstile operators have nothing special with them apart from a cash box and one of those little white contactless card readers that most places have theses days. Even the burger vans have them.
And they don't worry about giving you a ticket as you've paid to get in that's all you need.

To me this is all we need to be doing. You don't need a ticket as most of these grounds let you go where you want, seat or terrace.
The only thing is they want is to not sit in a season ticket seat which would either have a name on it or a sticker, otherwise sit where you like.

We were like this once with what I've just explained not so long ago. I don't know why we can't be like that again.

So I think that we should have at least 1 Turnstile for cash.
We should stop the whole seating thing as there's so many seats available come 3 o'clock and you should be allowed to sit where you like, just not in a season ticket seat.
And the terrace ticket should freely allow you to go where you like and fancy at the time.

If we had a game where we knew we were expecting a crowd of let's say over 4000 then yes use the online system. And have seat and terrace allocated.
It's just not needed all this for the attendance we get.

The attendance these days are so small at the EBB we shouldn't be worrying about any of this and we shouldn't have to pay to be restricted to one area that isn't even full.
The trouble is, migration around the stadium is not allowed. My understanding of it is that when we were promoted the the EFL, our stadium became a "designated stadium". This includes certain conditions of which none of the stadia you've mentioned that you go to would be required to adhere to. So no it's not as simple as allowing tickets to be sold just terrace/seating and all fans to find there own place.

The other problem with what you've said is that our attendances have been unpredictable before. When we played Macclesfield a few years ago, I believe we got somewhere around 4500. I think we had only anticipated 3000ish.

The cash box, whilst a nice idea, has it's own implications, the cost of cash transactions for businesses with banks, potential problems around dishonesty etc.

It's not as simple as you might think and sometimes we need to look forward, rather than backwards.
Shots91

Post by Shots91 »

Don't worry Bob I'm sure someone's going to come along and tell me I'm wrong 😬
Bob

Post by Bob »

Shots91 wrote: ↑Wed Aug 03, 2022 7:48 pm Don't worry Bob I'm sure someone's going to come along and tell me I'm wrong 😬
Right on cue
Shots91

Post by Shots91 »

Jason I get what you are saying but we are not in the EFL anymore and won't be for a long time.

Let me give you an example...Woking

They have double the attendance we get theses days right?
When you walk up to the ground you can pick which ever turnstile to go in depending on how you want to pay, cash or card.

They give you a simple yellow bit of paper which I think just just saids woking adult admission on it...thats it.
Then you can go anywhere in the terrence be behind the goal, you can go sit in the shed stand near the dugouts, you can go stand at moaners corner or you can sit anywhere in the big seated stand behind the goal.

Only places you can't enter is the away end or the hospitality section that is it..otherwise you have got a free pass to stand or sit where ever you like.

So to sum it up you can pay cash or card get given a little bit of paper to prove you've paid to get in and get the freedom to sit or stand where you like...except areas I've said.

Now I would like to know how we can't do that ?????

They are in the same league as us only difference is they normally have well over 1000 more than us in attendance.

I'm not talking about we can just go sit on the roof. We are talking about I might want to watch the first half sitting down or standing in the half empty north stand high street end then stroll up to the half empty eastbank for the second half..
You get what I'm saying ? We don't need to told to stay in one area.
It was never a problem a few years back and it shouldn't be now.
Bob

Post by Bob »

Anyway it was the football league when we were last there not this EFL nonsense
Shots91

Post by Shots91 »

I'm not having a pop Jason, it's just I don't know hardly any other non league clubs basically segregate their own home fans and say you got to pay for one area and stay put.
I understand the bigger stadiums with the more full capacity grounds that's a whole different ball game.
But I hate to say that is not us.

Until I see us start hitting over 3500 crowds everywhere and seeing all the seats packed out then there is no need for this segregated stuff.

I might have friends or family that I didn't know were attending and say they have tickets for the east bank but I've already paid to stand in day north stand cental. And then I can't even go and join them in the eastbank because the security has to do their job and turn me away back the other way in a three quater empty stadium....I mean come on its not great is it.
Shots91

Post by Shots91 »

Come on Bob stand with me and have my back on this..I need someone 😂
Jason

Post by Jason »

Shots91, I do get the point you are making, but our stadium was listed as a Designated Stadium under law, so it's not just a case of the club being difficult, they have to comply with law.

I am unsure why the stadium cant be removed from the designated list when we are no longer in the EFL, to be honest I dont know the legislation well enough. But Woking have never been in the EFL and so their stadium doesnt have to comply with this.

I am not saying the club get everything right (even on this matter), but following the law is more important than leaving a few disgruntled. I would imagine the financial implications of punishment for breaches would be more significant than some choosing to stay away.

As for me calling it the EFL, I just did that to annoy you really Bob!
Bob

Post by Bob »

Shots91 wrote: ↑Wed Aug 03, 2022 8:12 pm Come on Bob stand with me and have my back on this..I need someone 😂
I’m with you on this, why we have to have tickets for a 5th tier football match is absolutely beyond me but no doubt someone will give it the old Dino 🦕 nonsense
Bob

Post by Bob »

Jason wrote: ↑Wed Aug 03, 2022 8:30 pm Shots91, I do get the point you are making, but our stadium was listed as a Designated Stadium under law, so it's not just a case of the club being difficult, they have to comply with law.

I am unsure why the stadium cant be removed from the designated list when we are no longer in the EFL, to be honest I dont know the legislation well enough. But Woking have never been in the EFL and so their stadium doesnt have to comply with this.

I am not saying the club get everything right (even on this matter), but following the law is more important than leaving a few disgruntled. I would imagine the financial implications of punishment for breaches would be more significant than some choosing to stay away.

As for me calling it the EFL, I just did that to annoy you really Bob!
Ok Jason, eye 👁 thank you 👍🦕
Shots91

Post by Shots91 »

Okay Jason I hear what you are saying , I don't know if you can help me out with this as I don't know what I can remember but I'm sure even when we were in the EFL it wasn't like this and I'm pretty sure it was only a year or 2 before the whole covid that they brought this whole you have to stay in your designated area.
My memory is shocking these days but I'm sure we haven't been doing this since we were in the football league or have we.
Bob

Post by Bob »

Designated areas since promotion to the league yes but was still paying cash at the turnstile up to and including march 7th 2020 v Dagenham and Redbridge
Jason

Post by Jason »

The areas of the stadium should have been being enforced from when we were in the Football League. Whether they have been enforced vigorously or not is another matter.

Purchasing on the turnstile has been going on as Bob points out, far longer than that. But the club have moved away from that for various reasons and that then makes the idea of just having a card reader on the turnstile, or cash on the turnstile a bit trickier, because it wont just be a case of a card reader or tickets, it will also require computers for the correct allocated of tickets.
Shots91

Post by Shots91 »

Ahhh thanks Bob, i think I remember now and didn't take much notice, yeah just go to the turnstile which had the area you wanted to be in and pay your money.

Yeah I know the cash side changed when covid came to town and we couldn't exchange cash at the time.

Yeah fair enough Jason I get your point with it being more tricky because you have to have tickets allocated etc now.

Well If its down to that with the ground regulations because we were in the EFL etc.. then its s silly rule that should be allowed to be taken off while we are struggling down in non league. If we ever go back up then we can the rules and regulations back.

It's not needed for where we are as a club right now.
Its a shame as we don't actually know how many fans it keeps away because of ticketing and so on.