Jayden Harris

Melbourne Red
Re: Jayden Harris

Post by Melbourne Red »

Interesting that he had a release fee in his contract - that to me suggests a decent fee, you wouldn’t give someone a 2 year deal and then set a release fee of 10k. A three year contract suggests Carlisle rate him highly.

Hopefully MM had some ‘slightly too expensive’ targets that he can now go back to. I reckon anyone else we sign probably won’t be announced until an hour before kick off on Saturday though.
Graham Stovold

Post by Graham Stovold »

Fair play to him & his agent for getting a 3 yr contract at a league club, but I don’t think he has set the world alight since he has been with us. The lad we had a couple of years ago, who left for BW was a better player & more consistent..But then what do I know.

But I wish him all the best nonetheless. 👏👏👍
GazzaBretta

Post by GazzaBretta »

Good luck to Jaydon. However just four days before the season opener and our mid was already in chaos. Really bad timing and wihout immediately remedy I can see real peoblems ahead. Only Aldershot could do this. Incredible!!!!
South Coast Shot

Post by South Coast Shot »

Top ****-housery from the agent to knit a three-year deal. Carlisle 👀 wow, anyway so long as the 💰 is used properly, offer a bit more to Sylla maybe, very little time for MM to get some proficient signings in, obviously midfield is threadbare after this. But Harris must have been a timebomb to.manage, that's why I see this maybe as a blessing in disguise. It certainly explains why his head was elsewhere the last two games. Can't be too harsh on Jayden then, wish him well overall.
I'm here all week. Or at least until I'm banned.
Shots2000

Post by Shots2000 »

Good player it is a shame but good business as someone has just mentioned. Clearly something wasn’t right and MM has done the correct thing in selling him. As it’s a 3 yr deal and fee right before our season I reckon it could be a decent fee which should mean we can bring in some quality cm or a couple. Improved offer for Sylla?
Shots2000

Post by Shots2000 »

GazzaBretta wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 1:07 am Good luck to Jaydon. However just four days before the season opener and our mid was already in chaos. Really bad timing and wihout immediately remedy I can see real peoblems ahead. Only Aldershot could do this. Incredible!!!!
If we had kept him his head and heart would not be in it be like playing with 10 men. I’m sure MM will have one of two replacements lined up
stevieshot

Post by stevieshot »

Nobody has said it, but ! Well done Danny Searle for spotting a lad with talent, and then signing him on a 2 year deal. Jaydons energy and willingness to chase players down has got him his move. We will miss him if he's not replaced with a quality leader in midfield.
Birdman

Post by Birdman »

Shots2000 wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 7:04 am Good player it is a shame but good business as someone has just mentioned. Clearly something wasn’t right and MM has done the correct thing in selling him. As it’s a 3 yr deal and fee right before our season I reckon it could be a decent fee which should mean we can bring in some quality cm or a couple. Improved offer for Sylla?
As stated in the club’s statement “Jayden leaves with the club’s best wishes after Carlisle met the release clause set in his contract” and as such the club has followed the terms of said contract. Thus your comment in bold above would appear to be incorrect.
“The benefit of hindsight can be a wonderful thing.”
Weybourne Shot

Post by Weybourne Shot »

stevieshot wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 8:02 am Nobody has said it, but ! Well done Danny Searle for spotting a lad with talent, and then signing him on a 2 year deal. Jaydons energy and willingness to chase players down has got him his move. We will miss him if he's not replaced with a quality leader in midfield.
Another of Searles signings that have gone on to better things ... the list is growing
and Richard Walden puts the Shots 1-0 up against Man Utd
Cph.shots

Post by Cph.shots »

Pleased to see the last two posts that mention Danny Searle's ability at spotting talent.
Good luck to Jayden.
It probably hasn't come out of the blue so hopefully MM has someone in mind to step in.
Dom Sterlings Left Leg

Post by Dom Sterlings Left Leg »

Weybourne Shot wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 8:28 am
stevieshot wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 8:02 am Nobody has said it, but ! Well done Danny Searle for spotting a lad with talent, and then signing him on a 2 year deal. Jaydons energy and willingness to chase players down has got him his move. We will miss him if he's not replaced with a quality leader in midfield.
Another of Searles signings that have gone on to better things ... the list is growing
Maybe there is a clue there as to what Searle should be doing with his time rather than attempting to be a manager....

Hats off to Harris' agent. Let's face it he was not great, showed some glimpses he might have something about him at best in one of the worst Shots sides assembled. Good luck to him.

I can't imagine the fee was particularly high.
sugrues flying headbutt

Post by sugrues flying headbutt »

He definitely has the physical attributes to play at a higher level, big unit and able to get up and down the park. He showed some real quality at times. However, he had some very poor games too, Barnet at home last season in particular comes to mind.

It will be interesting to see how he gets on at Carlisle, the NL is a very tough league so it’s probably not a huge step up to League 2. If he does well there he could go higher. Wonder if we have a sell on clause?

Whatever the outcome, a decent bit of business by Searle to sign him to a two year deal. As well as the Adam Miller style undisclosed fee to add to the coffers, there’s the fact we’ve sold a young player onto a league club again so showing the pathway for aspiring players to join us and further their careers.
SLABBBBERRR!!!!
HackJowarth

Post by HackJowarth »

Hopefully, a sell on % fee was part of the deal?
scorp

Post by scorp »

sugrues flying headbutt wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:02 am He definitely has the physical attributes to play at a higher level, big unit and able to get up and down the park. He showed some real quality at times. However, he had some very poor games too, Barnet at home last season in particular comes to mind.

It will be interesting to see how he gets on at Carlisle, the NL is a very tough league so it’s probably not a huge step up to League 2. If he does well there he could go higher. Wonder if we have a sell on clause?

Whatever the outcome, a decent bit of business by Searle to sign him to a two year deal. As well as the Adam Miller style undisclosed fee to add to the coffers, there’s the fact we’ve sold a young player onto a league club again so showing the pathway for aspiring players to join us and further their careers.
re Miller: "Although the exact amount was undisclosed, the transfer fee was the highest ever received by Aldershot Town." The source of that comment at wikipedia? 'Miller bids fond farewell to Shots". Farnborough News and Mail. 16 November 2004.'" That story would also have appeared in the Aldershot News & Mail, unless it was tweaked for the Farnborogh edition for some bizarre reason.
Never say never - unless!
JOELC26

Post by JOELC26 »

A Carlisle fan at my work is suggesting they believe the fee to be between £10-20k although speculation. Feels very light of the case but would hope it could help sign 2 quality players at our level.

There’s a still a few decent players available on a free!