Today’s scores ——> results

Birdman
Today’s scores ——> results

Post by Birdman » Sat May 01, 2021 3:02 pm

scorp
Re: Today’s scores ——> results

Post by scorp » Sun May 02, 2021 12:18 pm

At Peterborough, needing to draw to guarantee promo to the championship, an *interesting* pen decision. Perhaps the weirdest in the history of football. It's not the first pen. It's in about the 96th minute. The Posh are in blue and tank it at 0-3 for a while. The crowd noise isn't canned... some of it's from outside the ground.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbggNrtv2Eg

Mytshot

Post by Mytshot » Sun May 02, 2021 1:33 pm

scorp wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 12:18 pm
At Peterborough, needing to draw to guarantee promo to the championship, an *interesting* pen decision. Perhaps the weirdest in the history of football. It's not the first pen. It's in about the 96th minute. The Posh are in blue and tank it at 0-3 for a while. The crowd noise isn't canned... some of it's from outside the ground.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbggNrtv2Eg
The worst penalty decision I think I’ve ever seen!

Localshot

Post by Localshot » Sun May 02, 2021 2:15 pm

I do wish interviewers would ask these 'divers' their opinion on the action they took to gain an advantage. Will they accept they cheated.

Shot through (& throu

Post by Shot through (& throu » Sun May 02, 2021 4:54 pm

The referee should have been searched when he left the ground to see if he had a brown envelope hidden in his kit bag. Now that every game is televised it's about time an independant panel was set-up to identify these players that dive/cheat/feign injury to gain free kicks and penalties or to get their opponents booked and sent off. Three lost points for the team and 3 match bans for the culprits would soon put a stop to this behaviour.

shots1965

Post by shots1965 » Sun May 02, 2021 5:28 pm

Shot through (& throu wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 4:54 pm
The referee should have been searched when he left the ground to see if he had a brown envelope hidden in his kit bag. Now that every game is televised it's about time an independant panel was set-up to identify these players that dive/cheat/feign injury to gain free kicks and penalties or to get their opponents booked and sent off. Three lost points for the team and 3 match bans for the culprits would soon put a stop to this behaviour.
I agree with everything you say, a disgraceful decision for the Penalty

Anon E Mouse

Post by Anon E Mouse » Sun May 02, 2021 11:18 pm

The other promotion hopefuls should ask for an investigation after that.
The worst penalty decision in football history. Truely shocking.

Localshot

Post by Localshot » Mon May 03, 2021 11:16 am

Localshot wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 2:15 pm
I do wish interviewers would ask these 'divers' their opinion on the action they took to gain an advantage. Will they accept they cheated.
Have just seen an interview with the Peterborough chairman and as usual no decent questions and nothing about the penalty other than how it gave the club the point they needed. How to kow tow to someone in power.

Josh

Post by Josh » Mon May 03, 2021 3:26 pm

The issue with diving is quite straight forward.
Referees need to implement the laws correctly. They just go on contact and as they refuse to give pens when players don't go down then players will throw to themselves to the ground to get a penalty.

Only got to see Martial v Saints where ref sent off the defender. Incredible. And he watched it on tv.

The standard of refereeing has never been lower as seen last week when a player was sent off for kicking a ball.

Behaviour only changed when people know what they can and can't get away with. Dogs represent their owners and children represent their parents and the ones who misbehave are the ones who are allowed to.

I guarantee if referees stopped giving soft pens and there was a ban for diving it would stop quickly.

Bob

Post by Bob » Mon May 03, 2021 3:36 pm

VAR meant to stop cheating but it’s got worse

Localshot

Post by Localshot » Mon May 03, 2021 4:05 pm

Managers complain about 'soft' penalties when on the receiving end but never complain when it goes in their favour. Wish they would admonish their own players not those from other teams. I don't blame the refs for the current problems. Just watch when a ball goes out of play for a throw. Both sets of players will claim it themselves no matter how obvious. It is cheating and they all do it.

Bob

Post by Bob » Mon May 03, 2021 4:21 pm

Localshot wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 4:05 pm
Managers complain about 'soft' penalties when on the receiving end but never complain when it goes in their favour. Wish they would admonish their own players not those from other teams. I don't blame the refs for the current problems. Just watch when a ball goes out of play for a throw. Both sets of players will claim it themselves no matter how obvious. It is cheating and they all do it.
Totally agree with you, snooker players put footballers to shame

Preston Shot

Post by Preston Shot » Mon May 03, 2021 4:27 pm

We’re on course to finish in the same position as last season.
Currently in an impressive 16th spot.....
That’s progress for you

Bob

Post by Bob » Mon May 03, 2021 5:29 pm

Preston Shot wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 4:27 pm
That’s progress for you
I agree, keep letting in goals when we’re on top and conceding late goals is no coincidence I’m afraid, not good enough!

Mick Earls Fan Club

Post by Mick Earls Fan Club » Mon May 03, 2021 7:16 pm

Preston Shot wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 4:27 pm
That’s progress for you
Pendant alert.
Final position after PPG was 18th.
But agree 16th when the league was suspended.