Southgate

Richard Petty
Re: Southgate

Post by Richard Petty » Wed Jun 02, 2021 4:34 pm

Portly Stilton Shot wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 4:29 pm
Strange to me that we can't go down the road to watch a match as we've always done and yet a complete squad of players, complete with full entourage of officials, are let in from an "Amber List" country for a friendly.
The social distancing protocols and regular testing that players and support staff have to adhere to is very strict and does hugely minimise the risks. Even at our level the routines that our players and staff have had to go through is way more than many people will realise.

shots1965

Post by shots1965 » Wed Jun 02, 2021 4:55 pm

redandbluescb wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 4:07 pm
Play Grealish,Mount and Foden and we have a chance of sucess.
He will never play all 3 together
Too much flair

Mr. backward sideways, Southgate

shots1965

Post by shots1965 » Wed Jun 02, 2021 5:26 pm

Morrissey's Scorcher wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 2:55 pm
England under Southgate are a pretty tough watch though, very dour and dreary stuff for the most part. Under him we are okay against the poorer sides but whenever we meet top quality opposition it's always the same story a pretty tame defeat.
It’s all about Opinions
Life would be pretty boring,if everybody agreed with each other
This is the most talented group of players, we have had for a very very long time

I don’t think Southgate is the man for the job
He doesn’t have what it takes

I would love England To win this tournament
I’m not sure if Mr. negative is the man to deliver

redblueuptoyou

Post by redblueuptoyou » Wed Jun 02, 2021 5:43 pm

shots1965 wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 5:26 pm
England under Southgate are a pretty tough watch though, very dour and dreary stuff for the most part. Under him we are okay against the poorer sides but whenever we meet top quality opposition it's always the same story a pretty tame defeat.
It’s all about Opinions
This is the most talented group of players, we have had for a very very long time

Who would you like to see as manager?

Bob

Post by Bob » Wed Jun 02, 2021 6:05 pm

Give it to super frank if/ when Southgate leaves, he must be getting bored now and running out of money :roll:

MANNIMIST

Post by MANNIMIST » Wed Jun 02, 2021 6:33 pm

Spencer???

shots1965

Post by shots1965 » Wed Jun 02, 2021 6:57 pm

redblueuptoyou wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 5:43 pm
shots1965 wrote:
It’s all about Opinions

Thomas Tuchel

A no brainer

SHOTSMAN68

Post by SHOTSMAN68 » Wed Jun 02, 2021 6:58 pm

hows about danny probably do a better job with england

Reg's corner

Post by Reg's corner » Wed Jun 02, 2021 6:59 pm

That is probably the same for most countries.. Apart from the one that has a good run of form, a fair share of luck and wins!!

Bob

Post by Bob » Wed Jun 02, 2021 7:16 pm

MANNIMIST wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 6:33 pm
Spencer???
Betty wouldn’t be happy though 😡

Bob

Post by Bob » Wed Jun 02, 2021 7:18 pm

shots1965 wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 6:57 pm
redblueuptoyou wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 5:43 pm
shots1965 wrote:

It’s all about Opinions

Thomas Tuchel

A no brainer
Englishman please, we’ve been down the foreign route and it made no difference, the 3 semifinals we’ve had since 66 all under English chiefs, Robson venables Southgate

Anon E Mouse

Post by Anon E Mouse » Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:13 pm

Another vote for Searle. He is up and coming has all the badges and contacts and is media friendly. Give him a chance I say.

shots1965

Post by shots1965 » Wed Jun 02, 2021 9:08 pm

Anon E Mouse wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:13 pm
Another vote for Searle. He is up and coming has all the badges and contacts and is media friendly. Give him a chance I say.
Shouldn’t this be on the boom boom thread??

😊😊😊

shots1965

Post by shots1965 » Thu Jun 03, 2021 12:27 am

Old Bob wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 2:50 pm
shots1965 wrote:
Tue Jun 01, 2021 7:39 pm
So what is the point of keeping the players he has dumped
If he’s going to play them in the friendlies

The man is completely clueless we have absolutely no chance in the Euros

He also said, he would take six fullbacks if he could

Unbelievable
The point is to keep them fit and involved in case he has to call them in as replacements. Also to give them the consolation of a cap as some sort of recompense for not being retained.

If Gareth Southgate is "clueless", how come we did far better than expected in the last World Cup? And have you listened to him being interviewed, when he patiently explains the thinking behind his decisions? Seems to me that he has plenty of clues.

Of course, I question some of his decisions. That's normal, a difference of opinion. i would have retained Ward-Prowse for his dead-ball skills, and because one or more games will almost certainly go to penalties. I would not have selected two injured players, but taken just the one: Jordan Henderson, for his experience and leadership, which are valuable assets even if he doesn't play.

So I don't agree with you, '65. I particularly don't agree with your immoderate choice of words. Southgate had to whittle down the squad; it's unfair to describe those left out as "dumped". He isn't clueless. And "unbelievable" is one of the most tired and overused words around. It's in a class with "amazing", "to be honest", "at the end of the day", ...
Just a few comments from BBC. HYS

The wonderful Clueless Southgate

I totally agree, Southgate is the problem with the team, he is clueless

Can somebody please explain to me why on earth Lingard, who is not even in the squad, was playing tonight? Absolute waste of time and tells you everything you need to know about Southgate as a manager.

How many players has southgate used in his tenure? To many, a settled side stands a better chance of some success. We have the talent but southgate is clueless

Imagine how good this team could be under a decent manager who wasn't rubbish at club level and had no business getting near the job, where he is now forcing the most exciting generation of attaching footballers in memory to grind out results. FA, please don't let this below average manager keep cliping their wings. We want merit and ambition, not favouritism-tainted mediocrity.

Southgate is trying to cover his rear-end SSso much by: Not playing this player; Not playing that player .. hoping players ‘might’ be (supposedly) fit in time. Southgate doesn’t know his starting 11 .. never has never will!! He cant just throw together a team at the last minute and think they will all gel to win a Major Tournament. He sounds & acts more as a politician everyday!! Pathetic!!

No chance of winning the Euros, with fit players we were dreadful, with 2 not sure about their injuries included is nuts, been to much hype about teenagers, they have been included, but to little experience, Southgate has messed up

You are right. It's because Southgate is so negative and plays two holding mid-fielders game after game. There is no-one upfront to assist Kane. No hope of England winning the Euros with this Manager.

southgate - clueless

Dear oh dear, How Southgate is still the manager after throwing away the world cup that was pretty much handed to him on a plate is beyond me, but what Pickford is doing in that squad is even more confusing.

I’d far sooner see England play exciting aggressive football and lose in place of this mediocre defensive rubbish Southgate serves up.

He’s definitely not the man to get the best out of what is a bumper crop of talented players at his disposal ... so let’s expect a QF finish in the Euro’s right now shall we!

How long are we going to put up with this nonsense of a manager. Luck only lasts so long and then they get found out. Time for someone with talent and charisma.

With the number of talented players England has. We should be one of the favourites instead with have a talentless uninspiring manager. Who doesn't get the best out of his players. Fact is Southgate looks miserable and out of his depth.

Please tell me what Southgate might have learned from this?

Confidence booster - No.
player partnerships - No.
Pickford blunders - why not sub him at HT.
Trippier playing on the left???
Kane continually dropping too deep.

Even against an unadventurous Austrian team, we lacked attacking penetration.

Southgate is going to waste the talent we have again!

Utterly depressed after seeing this.

Please tell me what Southgate might have learned from this?

Confidence booster - No.
player partnerships - No.
Pickford blunders - why not sub him at HT.
Trippier playing on the left???
Kane continually dropping too deep.

Even against an unadventurous Austrian team, we lacked attacking penetration.

Southgate is going to waste the talent we have again!

Utterly depressed after seeing this.

I said it before & got massively down thumbed but the worst thing for English football was getting a ridiculously easy run to the WC SF as it meant keeping GS. Had we lost that penalty shootout to Columbia he’d have been gone & we might have a chance of doing something with an exciting bunch of players right now.

Kevin Carlin

Post by Kevin Carlin » Thu Jun 03, 2021 7:38 am

I agree I don’t think Southgate is the man long term for England, everything fell for us in the last World Cup and we really should have at least got to the final and possibly could have won it. Against Croatia we allowed ourselves to be pushed back and just invited pressure, we had chances to kill the game as well. We have a exciting group of players but it’s defensively that will be our undoing. I will support him 100 percent during the tournament and see where it takes us.
The best performance I have seen from England in my time was the 4-1 victory v Holland in Euro 96 under Venables.