Released/Retained List

redblueuptoyou
Posts: 1066
Joined: Wed May 30, 2018 1:52 pm
Re: Released/Retained List

Post by redblueuptoyou » Wed Jun 09, 2021 6:11 pm

Maybe to stick with Danny’s favoured tradition, we won’t announce anyone until half an hour before kick off of the first game of next season?

mountpleasant61
Posts: 125
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:25 pm
Re: Released/Retained List

Post by mountpleasant61 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:16 pm

It will be the same old thing, wait until the last minute and have all the leftovers to choose from.
That will mean we get all of the injury prone ones and the ones no one else wants.
Is that ambition?
We should be out there now getting the best available.
The only way I can see it is that the players out there will see us as a not ambitious club and if that is the case then why are we not ambitious?
It has been proved in the past, play good football and the fans will go to the games , serve up tripe and loose the fans and in the end lose the club.
No disrespect to DS but what has he shown us? If that is the best he can do on that budget what will he do with a reduced budget?
To be honest I dread next season as I can only see a worsening situation which will not get the fans back only possibly lose a few more.
I know once an Aldershot supporter always one but that does not make people go to the games.
How many of the BOD are real football fans and not just business men?

IanShots
Posts: 132
Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:12 pm
Re: Released/Retained List

Post by IanShots » Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:46 pm

As it stands at the moment I have to admit a relegation battel wouldn't surprise me at all BUT we can only hope some decent signings come along eventually

Richard Petty
Posts: 1170
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:12 pm
Location: Farnborough
Re: Released/Retained List

Post by Richard Petty » Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:49 pm

mountpleasant61 wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:16 pm
It will be the same old thing, wait until the last minute and have all the leftovers to choose from.
That will mean we get all of the injury prone ones and the ones no one else wants.
Is that ambition?
We should be out there now getting the best available.
The only way I can see it is that the players out there will see us as a not ambitious club and if that is the case then why are we not ambitious?
It has been proved in the past, play good football and the fans will go to the games , serve up tripe and loose the fans and in the end lose the club.
No disrespect to DS but what has he shown us? If that is the best he can do on that budget what will he do with a reduced budget?
To be honest I dread next season as I can only see a worsening situation which will not get the fans back only possibly lose a few more.
I know once an Aldershot supporter always one but that does not make people go to the games.
How many of the BOD are real football fans and not just business men?
This last line just does not and never will make logical sense to me.

The one fact that is undisputed not just for our club but for pretty much every other club across the whole of England, in fact across the whole of the UK is that getting involved with owning football clubs you only ever lose money you certainly never make any. If your not interested in football then you are most certainly not going to own a football club.

Its actually the "football fan" inside every owner that usually leads to the problems because they want success on the pitch so much that they gamble with the finances to give the manager extra money to strengthen the squad and hope that it pays off. Sometimes it does like in 2008 and sometimes it doesn't like 2018 and 2019. Unless you have a very wealthy benefactor when it doesn't pay off your then scrabbling around for money you haven't got and trying to keep your club solvent.

As a fan I am ambitious for our club and I certainly want to see us back in the Football League at some point but only if we can do it while keeping the club free of debt. I have lived through one administration at very close quarters and never ever want to see that again so if the price of keeping the club solvent is a few more years in the National League then I would accept that, however I would (and do) want to see us have some cup success which it is could be possible to achieve without gambling the clubs finances.

New recruit
Posts: 32
Joined: Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:13 am
Re: Released/Retained List

Post by New recruit » Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:39 pm

Updated retained list

John Dungworth
Jack Howarth
Joe Jopling
Les Briley
Glen Jonson
Len Walker

Others to be announced Later

Headley Shot
Posts: 131
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:22 pm
Re: Released/Retained List

Post by Headley Shot » Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:08 pm

Richard Petty wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:49 pm
mountpleasant61 wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:16 pm
It will be the same old thing, wait until the last minute and have all the leftovers to choose from.
That will mean we get all of the injury prone ones and the ones no one else wants.
Is that ambition?
We should be out there now getting the best available.
The only way I can see it is that the players out there will see us as a not ambitious club and if that is the case then why are we not ambitious?
It has been proved in the past, play good football and the fans will go to the games , serve up tripe and loose the fans and in the end lose the club.
No disrespect to DS but what has he shown us? If that is the best he can do on that budget what will he do with a reduced budget?
To be honest I dread next season as I can only see a worsening situation which will not get the fans back only possibly lose a few more.
I know once an Aldershot supporter always one but that does not make people go to the games.
How many of the BOD are real football fans and not just business men?
This last line just does not and never will make logical sense to me.

The one fact that is undisputed not just for our club but for pretty much every other club across the whole of England, in fact across the whole of the UK is that getting involved with owning football clubs you only ever lose money you certainly never make any. If your not interested in football then you are most certainly not going to own a football club.

Its actually the "football fan" inside every owner that usually leads to the problems because they want success on the pitch so much that they gamble with the finances to give the manager extra money to strengthen the squad and hope that it pays off. Sometimes it does like in 2008 and sometimes it doesn't like 2018 and 2019. Unless you have a very wealthy benefactor when it doesn't pay off your then scrabbling around for money you haven't got and trying to keep your club solvent.

As a fan I am ambitious for our club and I certainly want to see us back in the Football League at some point but only if we can do it while keeping the club free of debt. I have lived through one administration at very close quarters and never ever want to see that again so if the price of keeping the club solvent is a few more years in the National League then I would accept that, however I would (and do) want to see us have some cup success which it is could be possible to achieve without gambling the clubs finances.
Is the club solvent Richard ?

Richard Petty
Posts: 1170
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:12 pm
Location: Farnborough
Re: Released/Retained List

Post by Richard Petty » Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:38 pm

Headley Shot wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:08 pm
Richard Petty wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:49 pm
mountpleasant61 wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:16 pm
It will be the same old thing, wait until the last minute and have all the leftovers to choose from.
That will mean we get all of the injury prone ones and the ones no one else wants.
Is that ambition?
We should be out there now getting the best available.
The only way I can see it is that the players out there will see us as a not ambitious club and if that is the case then why are we not ambitious?
It has been proved in the past, play good football and the fans will go to the games , serve up tripe and loose the fans and in the end lose the club.
No disrespect to DS but what has he shown us? If that is the best he can do on that budget what will he do with a reduced budget?
To be honest I dread next season as I can only see a worsening situation which will not get the fans back only possibly lose a few more.
I know once an Aldershot supporter always one but that does not make people go to the games.
How many of the BOD are real football fans and not just business men?
This last line just does not and never will make logical sense to me.

The one fact that is undisputed not just for our club but for pretty much every other club across the whole of England, in fact across the whole of the UK is that getting involved with owning football clubs you only ever lose money you certainly never make any. If your not interested in football then you are most certainly not going to own a football club.

Its actually the "football fan" inside every owner that usually leads to the problems because they want success on the pitch so much that they gamble with the finances to give the manager extra money to strengthen the squad and hope that it pays off. Sometimes it does like in 2008 and sometimes it doesn't like 2018 and 2019. Unless you have a very wealthy benefactor when it doesn't pay off your then scrabbling around for money you haven't got and trying to keep your club solvent.

As a fan I am ambitious for our club and I certainly want to see us back in the Football League at some point but only if we can do it while keeping the club free of debt. I have lived through one administration at very close quarters and never ever want to see that again so if the price of keeping the club solvent is a few more years in the National League then I would accept that, however I would (and do) want to see us have some cup success which it is could be possible to achieve without gambling the clubs finances.
Is the club solvent Richard ?
Yes it is, did you not watch the interview with Shahid and Deane wood on the Midweek show a few weeks back, its also been discussed in some depth on here.

thomas
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:50 pm
Location: Camberley
Re: Released/Retained List

Post by thomas » Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:46 pm

Regarding the budget for next season players!! Why doesn't the manager and the BOD make use of the Academy players, surely there are youngsters who can be moulded into National League standards before other clubs come calling and take them away from the Academy. Why I say this is the that the management support financially the Academy!! This would be beneficial too the club, financially and playing standards!! I agree with Richard Petty's post about this subject. Thank you.

chimpster99
Posts: 535
Joined: Thu May 17, 2007 6:54 am
Location: Alton
Re: Released/Retained List

Post by chimpster99 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:02 pm

[quote="Richard Petty" post_id=663335 time=1623429492 user_id=279]
[quote="Headley Shot" post_id=663330 time=1623427680 user_id=5348]
[quote="Richard Petty" post_id=663318 time=1623422995 user_id=279]


This last line just does not and never will make logical sense to me.

The one fact that is undisputed not just for our club but for pretty much every other club across the whole of England, in fact across the whole of the UK is that getting involved with owning football clubs you only ever lose money you certainly never make any. If your not interested in football then you are most certainly not going to own a football club.

Its actually the "football fan" inside every owner that usually leads to the problems because they want success on the pitch so much that they gamble with the finances to give the manager extra money to strengthen the squad and hope that it pays off. Sometimes it does like in 2008 and sometimes it doesn't like 2018 and 2019. Unless you have a very wealthy benefactor when it doesn't pay off your then scrabbling around for money you haven't got and trying to keep your club solvent.

As a fan I am ambitious for our club and I certainly want to see us back in the Football League at some point but only if we can do it while keeping the club free of debt. I have lived through one administration at very close quarters and never ever want to see that again so if the price of keeping the club solvent is a few more years in the National League then I would accept that, however I would (and do) want to see us have some cup success which it is could be possible to achieve without gambling the clubs finances.
[/quote]

Is the club solvent Richard ?
[/quote]

Yes it is, did you not watch the interview with Shahid and Deane wood on the Midweek show a few weeks back, its also been discussed in some depth on here.
[/quote]

The club is solvent to the extent that Deane is our credit card. Basically we are borrowing against the profits from a development that isn’t certain to happen. It’s a worrying move by Shahid.

mountpleasant61
Posts: 125
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:25 pm
Re: Released/Retained List

Post by mountpleasant61 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:44 pm

Excuse me Richard but from the way I understand it Deane paid off the clubs debts but expects his money back when (if ever ) the club starts making money.
If that is the case then the club is not really solvent and I am sure that it will get into more debt even though they say they won't.
We seem to be living on lies.

CH
Posts: 722
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:31 pm
Location: Aldershot
Re: Released/Retained List

Post by CH » Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:03 am

I was also of the belief we weren't any more solvent just because Mr Woode has loaned us a tenner or three.

All we've gained is a consolidation of our debts into one very large creditor who now has the power to pull the plug any time he wants.

Worrying indeed.

HackJowarth
Posts: 137
Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:18 pm
Re: Released/Retained List

Post by HackJowarth » Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:10 am

CH wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:03 am
I was also of the belief we weren't any more solvent just because Mr Woode has loaned us a tenner or three.

All we've gained is a consolidation of our debts into one very large creditor who now has the power to pull the plug any time he wants.

Worrying indeed.
And yet Deane isn’t Chairman despite very kindly putting an exceedingly large amount into ATFC. Worrying times for all concerned less the current Chairman.

A Shot from Wales
Posts: 98
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:11 am
Location: Exmoor, north Devon and Wales
Re: Released/Retained List

Post by A Shot from Wales » Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:18 am

CH wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:03 am
I was also of the belief we weren't any more solvent just because Mr Woode has loaned us a tenner or three.

All we've gained is a consolidation of our debts into one very large creditor who now has the power to pull the plug any time he wants.

Worrying indeed.
It’s probably been mentioned before, along with more case studies...but it is worth repeating.

Gretna FC. Brooks Mileson. Elected to the Scottish Football League in 2002. Less than five years to get to Premier League. Scottish Cup Final 2006. I’ll health. Funds removed. Liquidated 2008.

Richard Petty
Posts: 1170
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:12 pm
Location: Farnborough
Re: Released/Retained List

Post by Richard Petty » Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:20 am

mountpleasant61 wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:44 pm
Excuse me Richard but from the way I understand it Deane paid off the clubs debts but expects his money back when (if ever ) the club starts making money.
If that is the case then the club is not really solvent and I am sure that it will get into more debt even though they say they won't.
We seem to be living on lies.
I get your point mountpleasant about the future but I cant see where anyone can be accused of lying ? From from an accountancy point of view we are solvent which was the question you asked, can we remain solvent is of course a more difficult question to answer and depends on how disciplined the BOD are over expenditure so on that basis your question is fair.

This is just my opinion so please accept as just that but I do not see Deane's loan as any kind of threat to the club either short term or long term and I see his personal involvement (not just financial involvement) as very positive. In respect of the future Deane (and Shahid) said that he is now managing the finances, from what I know of how he runs his business's he will not allow any new debt to be incurred though bear in mind that may not be popular with all fans who will be looking for spending to gain success. The fact that he is not a long standing Aldershot fan with Red and Blue running through his veins is also in this instance something to be reassured from as he is unlikely to let his heart rule his head which is possibly the mistake that the board made in 2016/2017 and 2017/2018 giving Gary the level of budget on a gamble that we would under him get promotion. We did of course come close both seasons but not close enough.

From what Deane has said his loan is linked directly to the clubs financial return from the development so if that development for some reason did not happen then depending on the wording of his loan agreement he may very well not get his money back. In respect of directors loans you also have to bear in mind that with the club having no assets there would be absolutely no point in anyone calling in a loan if they know the money is not there to pay it.

That is just my opinion mountpleasant so I am not disagreeing with you just giving you the way I personally view it.

15-4-08
Posts: 483
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:56 pm
Re: Released/Retained List

Post by 15-4-08 » Sat Jun 12, 2021 1:47 pm

CH wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:03 am
I was also of the belief we weren't any more solvent just because Mr Woode has loaned us a tenner or three.

All we've gained is a consolidation of our debts into one very large creditor who now has the power to pull the plug any time he wants.

Worrying indeed.
Deane Wood also said that when he got involved he was neither a Shots fan nor a football fan.

That admission worries me. I want people to get involved who ARE at least football fans!! 🥴


Post Reply