Farnborough highlights.

lanternhall
Farnborough highlights.

Post by lanternhall » Tue Jul 20, 2021 11:07 am

Just watched highlights. That is the football that is played in the park on Sunday morning.

Bob
Re: Farnborough highlights.

Post by Bob » Tue Jul 20, 2021 5:56 pm

I wish you’d be a bit more blunt about things MR hall!

lanternhall

Post by lanternhall » Tue Jul 20, 2021 6:01 pm

I'm sorry but it's true. That is the standard of football l played on a Sunday morning.

Bob

Post by Bob » Tue Jul 20, 2021 6:06 pm

Ok

margateshot

Post by margateshot » Tue Jul 20, 2021 7:31 pm

It was a friendly played at about 70% of the normal pace with trialists, youth team and first team players in scorching heat. Everybody got to play, a run out and game time, which was mission accomplished. That's why its called pre-season. It was only the second match of the friendlies. It has absolutely no bearing on the quality of the team or how we will be at the start of the season.

Anon E Mouse

Post by Anon E Mouse » Tue Jul 20, 2021 8:19 pm

margateshot wrote: ↑
Tue Jul 20, 2021 7:31 pm
It was a friendly played at about 70% of the normal pace with trialists, youth team and first team players in scorching heat. Everybody got to play, a run out and game time, which was mission accomplished. That's why its called pre-season. It was only the second match of the friendlies. It has absolutely no bearing on the quality of the team or how we will be at the start of the season.
Good job that. :shock:

Shotsride

Post by Shotsride » Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:14 am

Are people really that thick that they think a pre season friendly trialling new players and played in that heat is really an indication of things to come? Embarrassing and shows a distinct lack of football knowledge. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

chimpster99

Post by chimpster99 » Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:29 am

Thought it was a useful run-out. Showed the management that Mo is back on form, Kins' recovery looks on track, we've a couple of handy trialists and some of the new young lads are hungry and skilful. Also revealed some issues - improving defensive shape, more bite needed in midfield, a couple of trialists to move on, etc. It was blazing hot, we're only a week or two into pre-season and the second half changes destroyed our shape. We won first half 3-1 with a recognisable team and drew the second half 4-4 with a right old hotch-potch.

ACA

Post by ACA » Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:50 am

chimpster99 wrote: ↑
Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:29 am
Thought it was a useful run-out. Showed the management that Mo is back on form, Kins' recovery looks on track, we've a couple of handy trialists and some of the new young lads are hungry and skilful. Also revealed some issues - improving defensive shape, more bite needed in midfield, a couple of trialists to move on, etc. It was blazing hot, we're only a week or two into pre-season and the second half changes destroyed our shape. We won first half 3-1 with a recognisable team and drew the second half 4-4 with a right old hotch-potch.
I noticed that hardly anyone seems to have mentioned Mo's hat-trick in the aftermath of the game, whereas there were several posts about Ricky Miller scoring twice for Dover (against similar standard opposition) and how this was a sign of what a brilliant player he is when used correctly.

Anon E Mouse

Post by Anon E Mouse » Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:13 pm

ACA wrote: ↑
Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:50 am
I noticed that hardly anyone seems to have mentioned Mo's hat-trick in the aftermath of the game, whereas there were several posts about Ricky Miller scoring twice for Dover (against similar standard opposition) and how this was a sign of what a brilliant player he is when used correctly.
Pleased for Mo. When on form he is a real asset.
Not sure exactly what happened for the second half of last season, although the fasting and lack of sleep due to baby Mo were mentioned.
Hopefully all will be better this season especially if we don't add to the forward line.

Well done Mo. πŸ‘

karlready

Post by karlready » Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:00 pm

Anon E Mouse wrote: ↑
Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:13 pm
Not sure exactly what happened for the second half of last season, although the fasting and lack of sleep due to baby Mo were mentioned.
Hopefully all will be better this season especially if we don't add to the forward line.

Well done Mo. πŸ‘
If we don’t add to the forward line, we might as well give up now.

Les Briley

Post by Les Briley » Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:17 pm

Anon E Mouse wrote: ↑
Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:13 pm

Well done Mo. πŸ‘
I like Mo, he's a good player, but he looked like he was carrying over a stone extra in weight the second half of the season, that's some Fasting... :lol:

Danny's Shovel

Post by Danny's Shovel » Wed Jul 21, 2021 2:22 pm

Harvey Walker is going to be some player when he is abit older, look at his run for the last goal and the way he took the penalty.

We have a strange squad so far, Phillips & Lokko very good players for us, some meh players and some stinkers!

lanternhall

Post by lanternhall » Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:09 am

Shotsride wrote: ↑
Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:14 am
Are people really that thick that they think a pre season friendly trialling new players and played in that heat is really an indication of things to come? Embarrassing and shows a distinct lack of football knowledge. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Fair play. I had , had a few but my god , if that is our defense. Welcome Conference South.

chimpster99

Post by chimpster99 » Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:21 pm

[quote=lanternhall post_id=666328 time=1626908969 user_id=5581]
[quote=Shotsride post_id=666221 time=1626851641 user_id=10104]
[/quote]

Fair play. I had , had a few but my god , if that is our defense. Welcome Conference South.
[/quote]

Only the first half resembled our defence this coming season. They were pretty solid and Boro's goal (and only proper chance) was a stupidly-conceded free kick by Harris that was decently struck and bobbled horribly over Mitch.

Second half was Kodi plus a few trialists (one of whom was absolutely awful*), hardly a basis for judgement on the season ahead.

*I watched the trialists warming up at HT and this guy hardly lifted a knee, last time I saw laziness like that was from Matt Barnes-Homer!