The Trust

DH
The Trust

Post by DH » Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:22 pm

Email received from The Trust today advising of a Special General Meeting to dissolve The Trust. Only two committee members it seems.

Good thing or bad thing do we think?

Warnboro of the South
Re: The Trust

Post by Warnboro of the South » Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:54 pm

A sad day reflecting the lack of interest in the Trust and maybe losing its purpose not helped by the disparity experienced between the Football Club and the Trust.

Thank you Tommy Anderson and his fellows for their energies, efforts and initiatives over the years.

Maybe this is an opportunity for some of our much younger fans to take an even keener interest in the running of our football club. Forza Shots!

Dom Sterlings Left Leg

Post by Dom Sterlings Left Leg » Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:56 pm

Inevitable consequence of the clubs vendetta against the trust......?!

Dr Jim Royle

Post by Dr Jim Royle » Thu Jul 22, 2021 7:38 am

Inevitable consequence of the clubs vendetta against the trust......?!
Given the Trusts view made against the BOD in the past, I think above statement is vice versa. IMHO.

If the Trusts support was strong it would still keep going surely?

lanternhall

Post by lanternhall » Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:11 am

What did the trust actually achieve?

Kevin Carlin

Post by Kevin Carlin » Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:13 am

Mistakes have been made on both sides and its no real surprise that it has come to this and is probably the right time for all concerned.
It’s a shame as despite what some think people have put in alot of effort over the years and raised funds. Also they have taken at times some unnecessary abuse from some on here.
Time for all to move on an see what the future holds.

Mick Earls Fan Club

Post by Mick Earls Fan Club » Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:29 am

If the Trust is dissolved, what happens to those of us that paid for a five year membership?
I know mine runs until September 2023 - do we get reimbursed?

stevieshot

Post by stevieshot » Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:56 am

The apathy towards the club is mirrored in the Trust.
The Trust managed to get itself into a position of strength, with The Clubs help. But then managed to throw it all away. I believe if The Trust had kept hold of its seat on the BOD, there would have remained people interested in The Trust. I took out lifetime membership of The Trust when The Club went into Administration, just as a way of backing the possible rebirth of The Club. But I believe I have no skills to offer The Trust to move it forward. I personally think it's a shame we have lost what could have been an influential aid to The Club

SteveyAsp

Post by SteveyAsp » Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:32 am

Sad news......Thank you to Tommy and all of those that have sat on the Trust Board and worked so hard over the years.....

David will have loads of time spare now that he won't need to send me emails reminding me to do my Lucky 7's

Last edited by SteveyAsp on Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

SteveyAsp

Post by SteveyAsp » Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:36 am

lanternhall wrote:What did the trust actually achieve?
Raised a fair bit of money for the club over the years.....Invested money in shares, probably plenty of other things that went un-noticed or unrecognised.

ACA

Post by ACA » Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:18 am

For me personally, I think the Trust's biggest issue was entirely self-inflicted - giving up their seat on the Board of Directors without any consultation with the membership. I know others will disagree - the arguments for and against have been done to death over the last few years and there are contributors on this forum who seem to act as cheerleaders for one side or the other in any debate about the subject. However, regardless of how much detail they could have gone into about their reasons why (owing to confidentiality clauses, etc), I simply do not understand why they did not call any sort of meeting with the members to discuss their intentions. I never agreed with the argument that "the Trust Board were elected to make decisions like this, so they were entitled to resign their seat on the club board without consultation". Such a seismic decision should have been at least discussed with the members. I think it was at this point the relationship with the club fractured beyond repair and it's never recovered. It became a lot of tit-for-tat arguments, some in private and some played out very publicly in Council meetings - both sides far too entrenched in their opinions of the other to reach any sort of compromise of understanding. My view is that the Trust's continued criticism of the club for keeping them out of the loop in respect of the stadium development would not have been an issue if they still had their seat on the Board.

It's wrong for anyone to suggest the Trust achieved nothing, but it's equally wrong for anyone to suggest "this is all the club's fault".

lanternhall

Post by lanternhall » Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:18 am

SteveyAsp wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:36 am
lanternhall wrote:What did the trust actually achieve?
Raised a fair bit of money for the club over the years.....Invested money in shares, probably plenty of other things that went un-noticed or unrecognised.
Fair enough

Ray Poulter

Post by Ray Poulter » Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:43 am

ACA wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:18 am
For me personally, I think the Trust's biggest issue was entirely self-inflicted - giving up their seat on the Board of Directors without any consultation with the membership. I know others will disagree - the arguments for and against have been done to death over the last few years and there are contributors on this forum who seem to act as cheerleaders for one side or the other in any debate about the subject. However, regardless of how much detail they could have gone into about their reasons why (owing to confidentiality clauses, etc), I simply do not understand why they did not call any sort of meeting with the members to discuss their intentions. I never agreed with the argument that "the Trust Board were elected to make decisions like this, so they were entitled to resign their seat on the club board without consultation". Such a seismic decision should have been at least discussed with the members. I think it was at this point the relationship with the club fractured beyond repair and it's never recovered. It became a lot of tit-for-tat arguments, some in private and some played out very publicly in Council meetings - both sides far too entrenched in their opinions of the other to reach any sort of compromise of understanding. My view is that the Trust's continued criticism of the club for keeping them out of the loop in respect of the stadium development would not have been an issue if they still had their seat on the Board.

It's wrong for anyone to suggest the Trust achieved nothing, but it's equally wrong for anyone to suggest "this is all the club's fault".
I totally agree with ACA . I held a 5 year membership but resigned after the arguably disastrous but definitely unconstitutional relinquishment of the board position .
I wrote to the Trust setting out my views and received a detailed reply but it did not change my decision.

Wakefield Shots

Post by Wakefield Shots » Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:09 am

Ray Poulter wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:43 am
ACA wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:18 am

I totally agree with ACA . I held a 5 year membership but resigned after the arguably disastrous but definitely unconstitutional relinquishment of the board position .
I wrote to the Trust setting out my views and received a detailed reply but it did not change my decision.
These 2 excellent posts exactly mirror my views on this.

redandbluescb

Post by redandbluescb » Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:56 am

Worked well up until it became obvious their was no trust on either side relinquishing a place on
the board and bad mouthing the board to the council was the beginning of the end.
Time to move on and support Marks fundraising and the supporters club.