Ex-player news - September 10th onwards

redblueuptoyou
Posts: 1320
Joined: Wed May 30, 2018 1:52 pm
Re: Ex-player news - September 10th onwards

Post by redblueuptoyou » Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:49 pm

Alan B wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:24 pm
Reece Wylie is playing for Hartley Wintney tonight in a HSC tie.
The same Reece Wylie who was allegedly on Chelsea’s radar last year? We don’t know the ins and outs but that seems odd.

Surrey_Shot
Posts: 95
Joined: Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:50 am
Re: Ex-player news - September 10th onwards

Post by Surrey_Shot » Thu Sep 16, 2021 1:02 pm

I thought he'd gone to Nottingham Forest and was playing in their under 23's???

Statto
Posts: 766
Joined: Sun Feb 04, 2007 5:05 pm
Location: Aldershot
Re: Ex-player news - September 10th onwards

Post by Statto » Thu Sep 16, 2021 1:18 pm

Aldershot_Rob wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:46 pm
Danny Hylton scored a stoppage time equaliser for Luton tonight against Bristol City... No Shovel in sight ;)
His injury woes mean that that was his first goal (in his 31st game) since March 23rd 2019.

Statto
Posts: 766
Joined: Sun Feb 04, 2007 5:05 pm
Location: Aldershot
Re: Ex-player news - September 10th onwards

Post by Statto » Thu Sep 16, 2021 1:21 pm

Surrey_Shot wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 1:02 pm
I thought he'd gone to Nottingham Forest and was playing in their under 23's???
He did/was!

I've no idea how he's ended up at HW.

HarryTom
Posts: 836
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:18 pm
Re: Ex-player news - September 10th onwards

Post by HarryTom » Thu Sep 16, 2021 1:58 pm

Statto wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 1:21 pm
Surrey_Shot wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 1:02 pm
I thought he'd gone to Nottingham Forest and was playing in their under 23's???
He did/was!

I've no idea how he's ended up at HW.
And the plot thickens :lol:

aldershot-jg
Posts: 650
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Aldershot
Re: Ex-player news - September 10th onwards

Post by aldershot-jg » Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:26 pm

Statto wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 1:21 pm
Surrey_Shot wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 1:02 pm
I thought he'd gone to Nottingham Forest and was playing in their under 23's???
He did/was!

I've no idea how he's ended up at HW.
Was last involved in an u23 game for Forest v Wolves on 27th August from what I can see.

Giles
Posts: 210
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:32 pm
Location: Farncombe
Re: Ex-player news - September 10th onwards

Post by Giles » Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:40 pm

Statto wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 1:18 pm
Aldershot_Rob wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:46 pm
Danny Hylton scored a stoppage time equaliser for Luton tonight against Bristol City... No Shovel in sight ;)
His injury woes mean that that was his first goal (in his 31st game) since March 23rd 2019.
I was searching for him yesterday to see how he was doing, hadn't made the 1st team squad til Tuesday night, good for him to get a game & score. Hope his fortunes have turned & if not come home Danny :D

fredandballou
Posts: 509
Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:48 pm
Re: Ex-player news - September 10th onwards

Post by fredandballou » Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:57 pm

Hartlepool United have signed Mike Fondop.

Surrey_Shot
Posts: 95
Joined: Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:50 am
Re: Ex-player news - September 10th onwards

Post by Surrey_Shot » Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:15 pm

Are there any clubs in The Football League that Mike Fondop HASN’T played for?

Old Bob
Posts: 950
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:23 pm
Re: Ex-player news - September 10th onwards

Post by Old Bob » Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:01 pm

Surrey_Shot wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:15 pm
Are there any clubs in The Football League that Mike Fondop HASN’T played for?
It's not as if he's any good. He was v. poor for us. I don't think anyone was sorry to see him go.

redblueuptoyou
Posts: 1320
Joined: Wed May 30, 2018 1:52 pm
Re: Ex-player news - September 10th onwards

Post by redblueuptoyou » Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:27 pm

Old Bob wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:01 pm
Surrey_Shot wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:15 pm
Are there any clubs in The Football League that Mike Fondop HASN’T played for?
It's not as if he's any good. He was v. poor for us. I don't think anyone was sorry to see him go.
But how’s he managed to get so many opportunities at league clubs? Must have a very good agent…

Triggers Broom
Posts: 90
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2021 12:25 am
Re: Ex-player news - September 10th onwards

Post by Triggers Broom » Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:27 am

redblueuptoyou wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:27 pm
Old Bob wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:01 pm
Surrey_Shot wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:15 pm
Are there any clubs in The Football League that Mike Fondop HASN’T played for?
It's not as if he's any good. He was v. poor for us. I don't think anyone was sorry to see him go.
But how’s he managed to get so many opportunities at league clubs? Must have a very good agent…
Probably because he's cheap. I assume he is if he signed for us at one point.

chimpster99
Posts: 766
Joined: Thu May 17, 2007 6:54 am
Location: Alton
Re: Ex-player news - September 10th onwards

Post by chimpster99 » Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:48 pm

[b]Darren Murphy[/b] has been given the manager’s job at Cobh Ramblers following a period in temporary charge.

[b]Gyliano Van Velzen[/b] came off the bench but missed a late penalty in Telstar’s 1-0 win at FC Dordrecht this evening. The victory lifts Telstar off the foot of the Dutch second tier.

fredandballou
Posts: 509
Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:48 pm
Re: Ex-player news - September 10th onwards

Post by fredandballou » Sat Sep 18, 2021 5:24 pm

Joel Nouble kept the shots flag flying in Scotland when he scored (79min) Arbroath's second goal in their 0 - 2 win at Queen of South.

Statto
Posts: 766
Joined: Sun Feb 04, 2007 5:05 pm
Location: Aldershot
Re: Ex-player news - September 10th onwards

Post by Statto » Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:22 pm

Dale Walker (the club's goalkeeping coach) is currently assisting caretaker boss Craig Lynch at Morpeth Town following the resignation of Stephen Turnbull.

A player shortage saw Dale was named as a sub today, and he had to come on following an injury to their regular keeper! :shock:


Post Reply