Match thread v Solihull

Post Reply
MikeB
Posts: 194
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 2:04 pm
Re: Match thread v Solihull

Post by MikeB » Sat Sep 11, 2021 10:25 pm

Mick Earls Fan Club wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:57 pm
Are results the be all and end all?

Are we a football team or a football club?

Danny has provided help and comfort to many in the football fraternity during the COVID crisis.

His role at the football club is not just on the football side.

As an ambassador in the community we could not wish for a better person.
I admire his stance on mental health and I would never slag him off on here. But we need a manager who can get results from his players, as well as support their wellbeing.

Grayshott
Posts: 28
Joined: Sun Feb 18, 2007 9:37 am
Location: Devon
Re: Match thread v Solihull

Post by Grayshott » Sat Sep 11, 2021 10:44 pm

GetShotDownunder wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 10:21 pm
With only signing a new contract recently I wonder if Danny would be open to a co-manager appointment?

Poor bloke has been thrown in the deep end with that budget.
Losing goals in the last minutes of halves and games is nothing to do with budget - it is to do with man management.

Grayshott
Posts: 28
Joined: Sun Feb 18, 2007 9:37 am
Location: Devon
Re: Match thread v Solihull

Post by Grayshott » Sat Sep 11, 2021 10:48 pm

HertsShot wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:41 pm
Even if the manager were to get the boot, my next concern is that the club have a recent track record of making bad appointments. We don't seem to have had anyone on the board who is a shrewd judge of a manager since Mr McGinty passed on. Who knows what disaster we would end up with next. I just hope that Deane Wood might be some improvement on that front.
Yes, we interview them on their vision and personality when it should be a forensic analysis of their track record. Wins, away wins, come from behind wins, cup wins against higher ranked teams, goals conceded in the last minutes etc.

lowerbourneshot
Posts: 515
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:29 pm
Location: The Ex Legion now Lower Bourne Social Club
Re: Match thread v Solihull

Post by lowerbourneshot » Sat Sep 11, 2021 10:50 pm

multishot wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:07 pm
The board won't do anything
Gave Searle a 2 year contract based on what?
All the time the budget keeps getting cut we can't progress
Players aren't good enough or the formation doesn't work
No wingers in a club is a joke
Need gary hill type tough and got contacts
Gary Hill? A dinosaur and a nasty piece of work .

Shots2000
Posts: 152
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:11 am
Re: Match thread v Solihull

Post by Shots2000 » Sat Sep 11, 2021 10:53 pm

Grayshott wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 10:44 pm
GetShotDownunder wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 10:21 pm
With only signing a new contract recently I wonder if Danny would be open to a co-manager appointment?

Poor bloke has been thrown in the deep end with that budget.
Losing goals in the last minutes of halves and games is nothing to do with budget - it is to do with man management.
Same tactics as well, playing strikers outwide and cms rwb

GetShotDownunder
Posts: 417
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:29 am
Location: Melbourne Straya
Re: Match thread v Solihull

Post by GetShotDownunder » Sat Sep 11, 2021 11:04 pm

Grayshott wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 10:44 pm
GetShotDownunder wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 10:21 pm
With only signing a new contract recently I wonder if Danny would be open to a co-manager appointment?

Poor bloke has been thrown in the deep end with that budget.
Losing goals in the last minutes of halves and games is nothing to do with budget - it is to do with man management.
No arguments from me, haven't seen much evidence to suggest anything but current management as learning as it goes and out of its depth.

DS does seem to be well liked around the club though and could be of value in a co-manager role.

shotsboy66
Posts: 391
Joined: Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:01 pm
Re: Match thread v Solihull

Post by shotsboy66 » Sat Sep 11, 2021 11:38 pm

Onlooker wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 7:48 pm
I don’t know, I feel a bit sorry for Searle in a way. He is hopeless as a manager/coach yet clearly has a lot of self confidence. Our Board should not have put him in this situation but I’m not convinced that they know too much about the game themselves. It will get nasty and ugly and I don’t really want to see him put through that. He is trying to do what he thinks is right but he has no real idea. Some nice badges but no experience. Overloading with coaches and other hangers-on doesn’t help…it’s getting ridiculous on that bench.
However, he’s got a two year contract (and possibly an option) which we cannot afford to pay off. Equally we can’t afford NOT to pay him off it seems. What a mess!
He is becoming very defensive in his interviews…it’s all “them” never “me”. Today’s interview he has the players saying it’s their fault but poor old Danny has to face up to the press etc. It’s not fair, you know.
No answers here. We have to hope that we can scrape enough points to get to safety but I think we all know we aren’t good enough for that. Is anyone actually convinced Danny is the man to take us forward now?
It is unfathomable how shot of confidence these players are. Two minutes left- you see the game out...not Aldershot. I truly rue the day Searle got the job. 1,200 home fans tells it`s own story.

As was said last week- two more seasons of Searle will take the club backwards beyond repair. As you rightly say Onlooker- we can`t afford NOT to pay him off. It is not sustainable to keep him on with the mind set of "we can`t get anybody else". Something clearly has to give.

Eventually, fans sack managers in theory by not going through the gates. Would not surprise me at all if a change is not afoot by the next home game v Halifax...only my opinion/gut feeling.

For me I feel he ought to have gone after the 1-3 home defeat to Halifax last season

Preston Shot
Posts: 1047
Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:23 am
Re: Match thread v Solihull

Post by Preston Shot » Sun Sep 12, 2021 12:06 am

Everything will be crystal clear at the fans forum next week, I’m just sorry I won’t be there.
Is it being screened live as previously ?

Chalkie
Posts: 143
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:50 am
Re: Match thread v Solihull

Post by Chalkie » Sun Sep 12, 2021 12:36 am

hepcat wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 5:04 pm
Look for the positive! We've smashed the 84 year record of most consecutive defeats from the start of the season .
We are also still on track to break a league record.
2013/14 season - Hyde United: Played 46, Won 1, Drew 7, Lost 38, Points 10
Go on Danny, records are there to be broken.

Dr Jim Royle
Posts: 993
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:21 am
Re: Match thread v Solihull

Post by Dr Jim Royle » Sun Sep 12, 2021 4:59 am

Make of it what you will, but in the usual excuse ridden post match chat nearing the end, Danny assure all fans that are still with our Club, that this team of his will turn these five very bad luck games into victories ……. He hoped to still be around to see it happen.

If i was to find some sort of chink of light in that message, it would be somebody has told him things need to change quick. So just may be the tin tack coming after Tuesday?

BIG if, but if it does come really hope our Club have folk lined up either to step straight in or do a temp job.

If only for a temp period I’d take Terry Brown & Martin Kuhl to do a job. Still think you need a Kuhy type character involved, one who doesn’t stand on ceremony dealing with poor displays.

Josh
Posts: 215
Joined: Wed May 30, 2007 4:34 pm
Re: Match thread v Solihull

Post by Josh » Sun Sep 12, 2021 7:22 am

MikeB wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 10:25 pm
Mick Earls Fan Club wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:57 pm
Are results the be all and end all?

Are we a football team or a football club?

Danny has provided help and comfort to many in the football fraternity during the COVID crisis.

His role at the football club is not just on the football side.

As an ambassador in the community we could not wish for a better person.
I admire his stance on mental health and I would never slag him off on here. But we need a manager who can get results from his players, as well as support their wellbeing.
He doesn't seem too concerned with the mental health of referees.

ATFC henry
Posts: 101
Joined: Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:32 pm
Re: Match thread v Solihull

Post by ATFC henry » Sun Sep 12, 2021 8:03 am

We just simply haven’t replaced nouble, Tanner, Rees. Three players who where capable of scoring or creating in key moments in games. The board have set Danny up to fail imo but I will say relying on youth players at this level is extremely naive by searle. It was clear before a ball was kicked that the squad assembled this season is just not up to standard and is probably the worst side I can remember in my 20 years supporting the club. I really feel for players such as kinsella as they deserve better than this and if it wasn’t for that knee injury few seasons back he would now be playing in the football league with another club.

On a brighter note my son was mascot today and I have to say the club and players where absolutely brilliant with him. He had great fun and the little fanzone area they have now really is great for the kids. At least aldershot get that part right.

Looking around the north stand again yesterday the large majority if the support is men over 50. The club need to attract the younger generation but with the current product on the pitch that just will not happen. I applaud and thank Deane wood for taking the debt on but football is not a typical business, we will not be sustainable unless we provide a better product. He has said it previously he is not a football man and by god it shows.

Mytshot
Posts: 452
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:25 pm
Location: Mytchett
Re: Match thread v Solihull

Post by Mytshot » Sun Sep 12, 2021 8:42 am

Josh wrote:
Sun Sep 12, 2021 7:22 am
MikeB wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 10:25 pm
Mick Earls Fan Club wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:57 pm
Are results the be all and end all?

Are we a football team or a football club?

Danny has provided help and comfort to many in the football fraternity during the COVID crisis.

His role at the football club is not just on the football side.

As an ambassador in the community we could not wish for a better person.
I admire his stance on mental health and I would never slag him off on here. But we need a manager who can get results from his players, as well as support their wellbeing.
He doesn't seem too concerned with the mental health of referees.
I’m glad someone has said that. His track record of verbal abuse towards referees is not good.

Shots1954
Posts: 948
Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:31 pm
Re: Match thread v Solihull

Post by Shots1954 » Sun Sep 12, 2021 9:38 am

ATFC henry wrote:
Sun Sep 12, 2021 8:03 am
We just simply haven’t replaced nouble, Tanner, Rees. Three players who where capable of scoring or creating in key moments in games. The board have set Danny up to fail imo but I will say relying on youth players at this level is extremely naive by searle. It was clear before a ball was kicked that the squad assembled this season is just not up to standard and is probably the worst side I can remember in my 20 years supporting the club. I really feel for players such as kinsella as they deserve better than this and if it wasn’t for that knee injury few seasons back he would now be playing in the football league with another club.

On a brighter note my son was mascot today and I have to say the club and players where absolutely brilliant with him. He had great fun and the little fanzone area they have now really is great for the kids. At least aldershot get that part right.

Looking around the north stand again yesterday the large majority if the support is men over 50. The club need to attract the younger generation but with the current product on the pitch that just will not happen. I applaud and thank Deane wood for taking the debt on but football is not a typical business, we will not be sustainable unless we provide a better product. He has said it previously he is not a football man and by god it shows.
Your final paragraph is spot on!

I'm so glad your son had a great day as mascot!👍

Mytshot
Posts: 452
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:25 pm
Location: Mytchett
Re: Match thread v Solihull

Post by Mytshot » Sun Sep 12, 2021 10:01 am

ATFC henry wrote:
Sun Sep 12, 2021 8:03 am

On a brighter note my son was mascot today and I have to say the club and players where absolutely brilliant with him. He had great fun and the little fanzone area they have now really is great for the kids. At least aldershot get that part right.
I was thinking the same thing. There was stuff going on for the kids at the front of the ground, crossbar challenge, small sided game for youngsters at half time. So many good things. The downside was of course the game which will have an affect on whether those kids come back.


Post Reply