Match thread v Solihull

hepcat
Re: Match thread v Solihull

Post by hepcat » Sun Sep 12, 2021 10:26 am

Weybourne Shot wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:03 pm
Onlooker wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:45 pm
Terry Brown in as Director of Football. First job to appoint a head coach to replace the current manager. Brown to set the footballing direction of the club and report to the board.
Heard from a very good source that he would have been involved as part of the proposals put forward by John Katz. What a shame that it all fell on deaf ears.
Why do they turn away all interests in a take over when its obvious they can't afford to take the club forward ? You think they'd be glad to sell up and let someone else take the reins. I remember thinking EXACTLY the same in the early 80's when Reg Driver and his BOD chums desperately went out buying shares to re take control after the Chopper Harris takeover. We ended up going bust . It's an impossible question to answer but even today I still think "What if ?" What if Chopper's board had been left to get on with it.
The bottom line now is fast becoming no one will buy SA out as the club has lost all potential as it drifts to the lower pyramid steps with ground redevelopment "put on ice" . Unless the forum announces a concrete time scale and an EFL standard ground I really don't think we have any hope of a bright tomorrow to believe in.

Birdman

Post by Birdman » Sun Sep 12, 2021 10:39 am

Preston Shot wrote:
Sun Sep 12, 2021 12:06 am
Everything will be crystal clear at the fans forum next week, I’m just sorry I won’t be there.
Is it being screened live as previously ?
As mentioned in the Fans Forum link, yes it is.

Chris Myles

Post by Chris Myles » Sun Sep 12, 2021 11:00 am

Me Mums a Shot wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:09 pm
I'm almost ashamed to admit it but I chose playing golf today to going to the game - have never done that before.

I went to our previous home game and left the game thinking I didn't want to come back until Searle as his merry men are gone.

Now I've been coming to the Shots for many years with my mum who is in a wheelchair. She is clinically vulnerable and for obvious reasons has not been out of the house much over the past 18 months.

She loves her football and she loves the Shots and when I asked her on Friday if she had thought about if she'd like to go today she said she just couldn't get up the enthusiasm to go whilst the existing manager is still here and we're playing so badly.

I think that kind of sums the current situation up pretty well.

As much as it pains me to say it I don't think either of us will be back until this management regime has gone.

Sad days.
Richard
Know how you feel, I can add a few more years on watching the shots and I have the same feeling, the only thing that keeps me motivated is the banter with friends and others that stand around us. Slowly but surely that is going to disapear if changes are not made. As soon as we scored I predicted that we would loose in th 89th minute, only 1 minute out. Will mis you not coming and are you sure you can afford to give up your regular winnings?

Statto

Post by Statto » Sun Sep 12, 2021 3:17 pm

Dr Jim Royle wrote:
Sun Sep 12, 2021 4:59 am
Make of it what you will, but in the usual excuse ridden post match chat nearing the end, Danny assure all fans that are still with our Club, that this team of his will turn these five very bad luck games into victories ……. He hoped to still be around to see it happen.
He also said two other things that didn't make sense.....

“Was (Wassim) is only fit enough to play 45 minutes.” Then, WHY THE HELL DID WE BRING HIM IN?! :evil:

and

“Mo hasn’t kicked a ball since the third game of the season.” This was his first game of the season! Plus, if he’s not ready/fit, then play someone who is, even if it’s one of the kids?! :twisted: As Tommy Willard proved in the first couple of games, the kids would be fearless and keen to impress.

Mytshot

Post by Mytshot » Sun Sep 12, 2021 3:23 pm

Statto wrote:
Sun Sep 12, 2021 3:17 pm
Dr Jim Royle wrote:
Make of it what you will, but in the usual excuse ridden post match chat nearing the end, Danny assure all fans that are still with our Club, that this team of his will turn these five very bad luck games into victories ……. He hoped to still be around to see it happen.

“Was (Wassim) is only fit enough to play 45 minutes.” Then, WHY THE HELL DID WE BRING HIM IN?! :evil:

and

“Mo hasn’t kicked a ball since the third game of the season.” This was his first game of the season! Plus, if he’s not ready/fit, then play someone who is, even if it’s one of the kids?! :twisted: As Tommy Willard proved in the first couple of games, the kids would be fearless and keen to impress.
Agreed. It’s not really fair to pick out one player as they were generally all as bad as each other, but…. what was the matter with Bettamer? I don’t think he broke out of a light jog for the whole half. If he’s not fit then, as you say, put out an enthusiastic youngster.

Statto

Post by Statto » Sun Sep 12, 2021 3:29 pm

MikeB wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 10:25 pm
I admire his stance on mental health and I would never slag him off on here. But we need a manager who can get results from his players, as well as support their wellbeing.
Yeah, he certainly talks well about it! :?

Statto

Post by Statto » Sun Sep 12, 2021 3:32 pm

Josh wrote:
Sun Sep 12, 2021 7:22 am
He doesn't seem too concerned with the mental health of referees.
Not just that of the referees (and he's not the only one)! :?

Shots1954

Post by Shots1954 » Sun Sep 12, 2021 3:49 pm

I remember berating Brian Bloomfield in Wallys bar about the appointment of Barry Smith asking how the fxxk was he appointed? Brian told me he was outvoted 5 to 1 he wanted Liam Daish! At least he was straight and honest about it!

WTF

Post by WTF » Sun Sep 12, 2021 4:32 pm

Shots1954 wrote:
Sun Sep 12, 2021 3:49 pm
I remember berating Brian Bloomfield in Wallys bar about the appointment of Barry Smith asking how the fxxk was he appointed? Brian told me he was outvoted 5 to 1 he wanted Liam Daish! At least he was straight and honest about it!
Oh dear oh dear oh dear.

Come back Brian, we need you!

Birdman

Post by Birdman » Sun Sep 12, 2021 4:35 pm

Shots1954 wrote:
Sun Sep 12, 2021 3:49 pm
https://www.theshots.co.uk/brian-bloomfield-2/

https://www.theshots.co.uk/shots-tv/bri ... rry-smith/

Danny's Shovel

Post by Danny's Shovel » Sun Sep 12, 2021 7:01 pm

Statto wrote:
Sun Sep 12, 2021 3:17 pm
Dr Jim Royle wrote:

and

Yes i heard that about Mo Statto, very weird

15-4-08

Post by 15-4-08 » Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:55 am

multishot wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:39 pm
Heard he nearly for the sack lose Tuesday he issued gone
Can we please have that in English?

15-4-08

Post by 15-4-08 » Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:58 am

Dr Jim Royle wrote:

If i was to find some sort of chink of light in that message, it would be somebody has told him things need to change quick. So just may be the tin tack coming after Tuesday?

BIG if, but if it does come really hope our Club have folk lined up either to step straight in or do a temp job.

If only for a temp period I’d take Terry Brown & Martin Kuhl to do a job. Still think you need a Kuhy type character involved, one who doesn’t stand on ceremony dealing with poor displays.
Oh, so it’s ok for YOU to make negative remarks?! 🥴

I’m still amazed that (on a thread that is this long) your mate cph shots hasn’t jumped on anyone yet! 😈

Cph.shots

Post by Cph.shots » Mon Sep 13, 2021 12:09 pm

:lol:
Sorry to disappoint you but I'm not going to bite.

redblueuptoyou

Post by redblueuptoyou » Mon Sep 13, 2021 1:02 pm

15-4-08 wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:55 am
multishot wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:39 pm
Heard he nearly for the sack lose Tuesday he issued gone
Can we please have that in English?
I’m going to try in case multishot doesn’t see this for a while: “Heard he’s nearly for the sack. If we lose on Tuesday, he will be gone.”

Personally, if the board were to make that decision, I think they’d give him until the Halifax match…