Go now Searle!

Post Reply
Statto
Posts: 735
Joined: Sun Feb 04, 2007 5:05 pm
Location: Aldershot
Re: Go now Searle!

Post by Statto » Mon Sep 13, 2021 1:06 pm

Birdman wrote:
Sun Sep 12, 2021 4:31 pm
MikeO wrote:
Sun Sep 12, 2021 3:55 pm
Hello Birdman, at National League and Football league level, hardly a club is under a Trust ownership. Google to see the full listing which will reveal all. I suspect that Trusts cannot provide the cash required to fund a football club until you drop down the pyramid.
I’ve found this (I didn’t utilise Wiki as ‘someone’ on here gets a bit annoyed and gives out the :evil:) :- https://tribunemag.co.uk/2021/05/englan ... s-possible
YOU CANNOT BE SERIOUS, MAN!! Who would have such a stoopid attitude as that? NAME/SHAME THEM! :shock:
Last edited by Statto on Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Birdman
Posts: 2303
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:47 am
Location: Aldershot
Re: Go now Searle!

Post by Birdman » Mon Sep 13, 2021 1:53 pm

Hepcat, re your opening sentence in your 11:51 post (bottom of p6). No offence taken, it’s what this forum’s about.

ShotOnTarget
Posts: 305
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 2:22 pm
Re: Go now Searle!

Post by ShotOnTarget » Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:03 pm

MikeO wrote:
Sun Sep 12, 2021 3:55 pm
At National League and Football league level, hardly a club is under a Trust ownership. Google to see the full listing which will reveal all. I suspect that Trusts cannot provide the cash required to fund a football club until you drop down the pyramid.
Any club, non-Trust run or Trust run, can struggle financially and perhaps even go out of business.

There is a school of thought that suggests that poor decisions and poor financial management are the culprits at failing football clubs and when people hail those who are putting in money to keep things going, there is general absence of consideration that those putting in the money are possibly those whose management created the debt in the first instance.

Now onto Aldershot. If people suggest that a Trust run club would only be viable further down the pyramid, exactly what do they offer by way of explanation as to the how current ownership model will deliver otherwise? If all hopes rest on a redeveloped stadium, surely a Trust with the right people on board would be equally well-placed to deliver the benefits of the aforesaid project? I of course appreciate that RBC may be of the impression that Trusts are a really bad thing but I wonder if their likely opinion on that has been informed by sources other than the one we are all too well aware of?

Incidently, aside from a couple of clubs that are exempt for historical reasons, the German Bundesliga has a rule that over 50% of a club must be controlled by its supporters.

Old Bob
Posts: 887
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:23 pm
Re: Go now Searle!

Post by Old Bob » Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:30 pm

hepcat wrote:
Sun Sep 12, 2021 5:21 pm
AFCW ... it's never mentioned that MK or oblivion were the only options
Well, no. First of all, it was mentioned a hell of a lot by Sam Hammam and the other cowboys trying to make a buck out of a move. Second, it's clearly, plainly and demonstrably wrong. These were NOT the only options. The return of the new AFCW to Plough Lane proves that definitively.

Old Bob
Posts: 887
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:23 pm
Re: Go now Searle!

Post by Old Bob » Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:44 pm

ganesh wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:48 am
We are being told now that the club is being managed in a sustainable manner, therefore the current squad is the best we can afford.
If that's what we are being told, then it's 100% undiluted bo11ocks. It's what those who have studied Latin call a non sequitur. Who's to say that another manager would not have assembled a better squad than the current one for the same budget? Or maybe for even less?

Any assertion that "the current squad is the best we can afford" would have to be based on the (unstated) assumption that the current manager is the best in the world at assembling a team. I wonder how many would go along with that? Not me, for sure.

Grayshott
Posts: 28
Joined: Sun Feb 18, 2007 9:37 am
Location: Devon
Re: Go now Searle!

Post by Grayshott » Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:13 pm

Leaking goals at 45mins and 87 onwards has nothing to do with MONEY. All about Management and fitness.

Should be no connection between wages and fitness if you are a professional footballer.

redandbluescb
Posts: 1587
Joined: Sat May 19, 2018 9:29 pm
Re: Go now Searle!

Post by redandbluescb » Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:18 pm

This season is a one off because we had hardly any season ticket money to spend
due to last seasons tickets being held over.

Shots1954
Posts: 948
Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:31 pm
Re: Go now Searle!

Post by Shots1954 » Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:19 pm

Old Bob wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:44 pm
ganesh wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:48 am
We are being told now that the club is being managed in a sustainable manner, therefore the current squad is the best we can afford.
If that's what we are being told, then it's 100% undiluted bo11ocks. It's what those who have studied Latin call a non sequitur. Who's to say that another manager would not have assembled a better squad than the current one for the same budget? Or maybe for even less?

Any assertion that "the current squad is the best we can afford" would have to be based on the (unstated) assumption that the current manager is the best in the world at assembling a team. I wonder how many would go along with that? Not me, for sure.
Totally agree Old Bob!

Old Bob
Posts: 887
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:23 pm
Re: Go now Searle!

Post by Old Bob » Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:32 pm

redandbluescb wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:18 pm
This season is a one off because we had hardly any season ticket money to spend
due to last seasons tickets being held over.
This season is NOT a one-off because we are travelling along exactly the same path as we have done all the time since (at least) Danny Searle was appointed.

We just keep on trucking on ... leaking goals just before half time and full time, conceding from corners, not having a midfield enforcer, not having a set-piece specialist, square pegs in round holes, no wingers, no aerial threat up front or at corners and free kicks, bizarre formations, no obvious intent behind substitutions, etc, etc.

shotsboy66
Posts: 391
Joined: Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:01 pm
Re: Go now Searle!

Post by shotsboy66 » Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:52 pm

Old Bob wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:32 pm
redandbluescb wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:18 pm
This season is a one off because we had hardly any season ticket money to spend
due to last seasons tickets being held over.
This season is NOT a one-off because we are travelling along exactly the same path as we have done all the time since (at least) Danny Searle was appointed.

We just keep on trucking on ... leaking goals just before half time and full time, conceding from corners, not having a midfield enforcer, not having a set-piece specialist, square pegs in round holes, no wingers, no aerial threat up front or at corners and free kicks, bizarre formations, no obvious intent behind substitutions, etc, etc.
Shocking defending for the Solihull goals. In fact the 2nd goal on 88 mins there was a blatant push by Phillips which got overlooked, as the ball rolled free for them to score! Dear oh dear. I think we can write off any aspirations this season.

karlready
Posts: 373
Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2007 9:01 pm
Re: Go now Searle!

Post by karlready » Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:57 pm

Old Bob wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:32 pm
We just keep on trucking on ... leaking goals just before half time and full time, conceding from corners, not having a midfield enforcer, not having a set-piece specialist, square pegs in round holes, no wingers, no aerial threat up front or at corners and free kicks, bizarre formations, no obvious intent behind substitutions, etc, etc.
Spot on! I was reviled for saying just this after Searle’s first season.The man doesn’t learn, I said, and was told to give him more time….More rope, more like, and now he’s teetering on the edge. Bloody hopeless at this level.

MikeO
Posts: 40
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:58 am
Re: Go now Searle!

Post by MikeO » Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:33 pm

Old Bob, 100% with you on your comments. Watching Shots since Danny Searle was appointed has certainly made me feel older!

redandbluescb
Posts: 1587
Joined: Sat May 19, 2018 9:29 pm
Re: Go now Searle!

Post by redandbluescb » Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:05 pm

Danny found and signed some very good players last season its not his fault the BOD could
not afford too keep them.

Localshot
Posts: 326
Joined: Sun Feb 25, 2007 8:31 am
Re: Go now Searle!

Post by Localshot » Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:19 pm

redandbluescb wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:05 pm
Danny found and signed some very good players last season.
As I said in another thread ...are you sure? Listening to Rob and reading this site last season and the one before was pretty woeful and our final league position confirms this. Not sure we have had any 'good' players for some time.

Danny's Shovel
Posts: 608
Joined: Thu May 13, 2021 11:17 am
Re: Go now Searle!

Post by Danny's Shovel » Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:22 pm

Localshot wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:19 pm
redandbluescb wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:05 pm
Danny found and signed some very good players last season.
As I said in another thread ...are you sure? Listening to Rob and reading this site last season and the one before was pretty woeful and our final league position confirms this. Not sure we have had any 'good' players for some time.
Are you serious, i dont agree with much SCB says but he is correct on this.......... Rees, Nouble, Anderson & Tanner all top players he has brought here.


Post Reply