COVID in the Woking camp…

Shots91
Re: COVID in the Woking camp…

Post by Shots91 » Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:57 pm

Spot on Steve, just like if I'm working with someone who's tested positive for covid I still have to go into work because I've been double jabbed and I will have to carry on unless I tested positive later on, thats how it works now and should be exactly the same for these footballers.
All that its showing me is that alot of clubs have got players who are not double jabbed if games are being called off for 1 case witch is pathetic this far down the road, then whole league is in for a long ****#y disrupted season again which will be a joke.

DaveC

Post by DaveC » Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:06 pm

End the season now (please).

redblueuptoyou

Post by redblueuptoyou » Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:35 am

Shots91 wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:57 pm
Spot on Steve, just like if I'm working with someone who's tested positive for covid I still have to go into work because I've been double jabbed and I will have to carry on unless I tested positive later on, thats how it works now and should be exactly the same for these footballers.
All that its showing me is that alot of clubs have got players who are not double jabbed if games are being called off for 1 case witch is pathetic this far down the road, then whole league is in for a long ****#y disrupted season again which will be a joke.
Apparently quite a few footballers have refused. Not sure why? Laziness? Listening to the wrong people? Exceptionalism?

There was an interview with a Newcastle goalie the other day who apparently got the virus very badly and I think he said he wished he’d got the jab earlier.

Dr Jim Royle

Post by Dr Jim Royle » Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:18 am

Already being muted fans only allowed in stadium venues if they have Covid Passports. There will be no government help outs this time around so Clubs like Woking may come under pressure if too many games cancelled.

It aint good.

redblueuptoyou

Post by redblueuptoyou » Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:20 am

Dr Jim Royle wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:18 am
Already being muted fans only allowed in stadium venues if they have Covid Passports. There will be no government help outs this time around so Clubs like Woking may come under pressure if too many games cancelled.

It aint good.
Boris was meant to be giving a conference tonight to give details on the winter plan. After his mother’s passing, I imagine it might not go ahead but it does appear some guidance is coming. Maybe.

Richard Petty

Post by Richard Petty » Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:16 am

Dr Jim Royle wrote:

It aint good.
I doubt it as the Government has already announced that it will not be going ahead with Covid Passports

redblueuptoyou

Post by redblueuptoyou » Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:34 am

Richard Petty wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:16 am
Dr Jim Royle wrote:

It aint good.
I doubt it as the Government has already announced that it will not be going ahead with Covid Passports
Wouldn’t be like them to make a U-turn :wink:

Richard Petty

Post by Richard Petty » Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:00 am

redblueuptoyou wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:34 am
Richard Petty wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:16 am
Dr Jim Royle wrote:

It aint good.
Wouldn’t be like them to make a U-turn :wink:
Your certainly right to highlight the many U turns that we have experienced although on this particular one there never had been a final decision made as to whether to use passports or not in social settings so not so much a U turn but more of a hard braking.

Steve Pink

Post by Steve Pink » Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:43 am

It seems they are putting the passports on the back burner and not yet scrapping the idea.

Wokingham Shot

Post by Wokingham Shot » Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:50 am

I live in a country where the passports were up and running very early, and to be honest they are no inconvenience to me. We got everything (at least partially) open and moving quicker than most, with only a couple of small hic-cups.

But, I do know someone who has been advised against the vaccine on health grounds and the constant requirement to top the passport up with a new test is not ideal.

Ultimately it is what is best for the majority, and unfortunately some people will have an issue through no fault of their own. But I am 100% sure they are here to stay here for quite some time.

redblueuptoyou

Post by redblueuptoyou » Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:52 pm

The Covid passports are a part of Plan B - so if the NHS is at risk of being overwhelmed, they come into play again - although not sure how many National League teams have over 4,000 spectators…

“Under Plan B, the Government expects that mandatory vaccine-only certification would be introduced for visitors to the following venues:
● All nightclubs;
● Indoor, crowded settings with 500 or more attendees where those attendees are likely to be in close proximity to people from other households, such as music venues or large receptions;
● Outdoor, crowded settings with 4,000 or more attendees where those attendees are likely to be in close proximity to people from other households, such as outdoor festivals; and
● Any settings with 10,000 or more attendees, such as large sports and music stadia.
There are some settings that will be exempt from requirements to use the NHS COVID Pass, including communal worship, wedding ceremonies, funerals and other commemorative events, protests and mass participation sporting events.”

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... -plan-2021