COVID in the Woking camp…

karlready
COVID in the Woking camp…

Post by karlready » Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:47 pm

https://www.wokingfc.co.uk/news/article ... postponed/
ONE positive case. Ridiculous situation. If this is to be normality, I am pleased that I didn’t renew my ST.
League management (HA!) need to make a ruling on postponements, and fast.

CH
Re: COVID in the Woking camp…

Post by CH » Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:05 pm

We will only be 6 points behind them by the time they play again

Positives

redandbluescb

Post by redandbluescb » Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:57 pm

I am very suprised 1 case is enough to cancel 2 games why not test the rest of the squad 1st.

Aldershot_Rob

Post by Aldershot_Rob » Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:04 pm

I am sure they have but you also need to realise this could be about the opposition too. They have a duty of care to their staff and the oppositions team and back room. No one would want to be accountable for that.

redandbluescb

Post by redandbluescb » Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:08 pm

Aldershot_Rob wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:04 pm
I am sure they have but you also need to realise this could be about the opposition too. They have a duty of care to their staff and the oppositions team and back room. No one would want to be accountable for that.
That is true Rob but if every team stops playing for 10 days with 1 case we have absolutly no chance
of finishing the season.

redblueuptoyou

Post by redblueuptoyou » Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:11 pm

Despite the protection of the vaccines, the pandemic is far from over and will still spread fast - especially now schools have gone back/some offices are being encouraged to get commuters back in/flu season is on the way. We saw the cases rise in Scotland when their kids went back and we will get the same.

Absolutely the right decision by Woking. Health comes first.

Shots91

Post by Shots91 » Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:40 pm

They obviously have a lot of players who have not
been double jabbed the only reason they can call off the next 2 games now.

Anon E Mouse

Post by Anon E Mouse » Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:42 pm

redandbluescb wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:08 pm
Aldershot_Rob wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:04 pm
That is true Rob but if every team stops playing for 10 days with 1 case we have absolutly no chance
of finishing the season.
Maybe not finishing the season might be the only way to avoid relegation.

redblueuptoyou

Post by redblueuptoyou » Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:49 pm

Shots91 wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:40 pm
Double-jabbed people are still getting the virus and getting really quite sick - they’re thankfully not dying as much anymore. Also, still so many vulnerable people to look out for.

karlready

Post by karlready » Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:51 pm

redblueuptoyou wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:11 pm
Despite the protection of the vaccines, the pandemic is far from over and will still spread fast - especially now schools have gone back/some offices are being encouraged to get commuters back in/flu season is on the way. We saw the cases rise in Scotland when their kids went back and we will get the same.

Absolutely the right decision by Woking. Health comes first.
O.k., which will effectively render this season pointless . I agree, the pandemic is far from over, positive cases will increase and, under the present allowances, there’s no chance of the season completing…..Oh, wait a minute, relegation is no longer a worry, whoopie-do.

Richard Petty

Post by Richard Petty » Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:53 pm

I am surprised at two match postponements because I was sure that the rules had changed meaning that negative testing of other players/staff after a given number of days allowed for a release from isolation. I can understand they couldn't play tomorrow but Saturday should still have been ok. However perhaps I am wrong and the rule change never came into being and as others have said peoples health must come first.

There are plenty of free Tuesday's for teams to catch up on missed games so it shouldn't impact on the league

SteveyAsp

Post by SteveyAsp » Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:03 pm

redblueuptoyou wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:49 pm
Shots91 wrote:
Double-jabbed people are still getting the virus and getting really quite sick - they’re thankfullvy not dying as much anymore. Also, still so many vulnerable people to look out for.
I'd be interested to know the age group of people getting "quite sick" also I'm not sure there are too many "vulnerable people" playing football at National League level.....Altrincham have cased of COVID and their next two games called off.
If we're still calling games off because there are cases within football clubs we may as well stop now as it'll only get worse on the case front as we go into winter.
Unfortunately news outlets still spread fear by giving cases and deaths which is irrelevant as they are WITH COVID and not FROM COVID which would then be a lower figure.

karlready

Post by karlready » Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:05 pm

Richard Petty wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:53 pm
I am surprised at two match postponements because I was sure that the rules had changed meaning that negative testing of other players/staff after a given number of days allowed for a release from isolation. I can understand they couldn't play tomorrow but Saturday should still have been ok. However perhaps I am wrong and the rule change never came into being and as others have said peoples health must come first.

There are plenty of free Tuesday's for teams to catch up on missed games so it shouldn't impact on the league
So we must have a ruling from Vanarama Management Board (yeah, right ) as to postponement criteria, or things will get silly. Unscrupulous teams (surely not) will take advantage.

redblueuptoyou

Post by redblueuptoyou » Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:34 pm

SteveyAsp wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:03 pm
redblueuptoyou wrote:
Shots91 wrote:
Double-jabbed people are still getting the virus and getting really quite sick - they’re thankfullvy not dying as much anymore. Also, still so many vulnerable people to look out for.
I'd be interested to know the age group of people getting "quite sick" also I'm not sure there are too many "vulnerable people" playing football at National League level.....Altrincham have cased of COVID and their next two games called off.
If we're still calling games off because there are cases within football clubs we may as well stop now as it'll only get worse on the case front as we go into winter.
Unfortunately news outlets still spread fear by giving cases and deaths which is irrelevant as they are WITH COVID and not FROM COVID which would then be a lower figure.
There might not be vulnerable (why the quotation marks?) people playing professional football but there will be watching and possibly in the support staff/player’s families.

SteveyAsp

Post by SteveyAsp » Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:45 pm

redblueuptoyou wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:34 pm
SteveyAsp wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:03 pm
redblueuptoyou wrote:

There might not be vulnerable (why the quotation marks?) people playing professional football but there will be watching and possibly in the support staff/player’s families.
Highlighting the points....There are Vulnerable people in everyone's lives but we all have to go to work....