Poll. Board or DS

Bridgetjonny
Re: Poll. Board or DS

Post by Bridgetjonny » Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:10 pm

Fairweather fan from the brown, waddock days. Sad to see club propping up the league. Where are attendences now? References to 1,000?! Really sad.

NTR_12

Post by NTR_12 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:41 pm

It’s 100% on the board.

Dom Sterlings Left Leg

Post by Dom Sterlings Left Leg » Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:29 pm

A Shot from Wales wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:53 pm
Over far too many years we have suffered from footballing ineptitude and quite clearly institutional failings.

And in respect of the ground development…for context…Boston Utd have recently opened a new 5000 capacity stadium with 2k seats at a cost of £12m. The pitch being of low cost fibresand design and not the latest hybrid.

I won’t comment on the overall development agreement with Rushmoor Borough Council, other than to say I have absolutely no belief in the current vision and trust in the process.

I also resent the statement made by Searle, that his frustration with our current results is greater than mine. He should try driving to and from the depths of Exmoor with the knowledge that my wife’s observations will be warming up in the oven, in readiness for my late night return.

https://ashotfromwales.blogspot.com (view web version for comment and sidebar images)
According to the Farnham Herald article linked above our new ground will be £7million and 7000 capacity... Judging by the Boston one you mentioned our proposal seems quite cheap...

Danny's Shovel

Post by Danny's Shovel » Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:38 pm

Dom Sterlings Left Leg wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:29 pm
A Shot from Wales wrote:
Over far too many years we have suffered from footballing ineptitude and quite clearly institutional failings.

And in respect of the ground development…for context…Boston Utd have recently opened a new 5000 capacity stadium with 2k seats at a cost of £12m. The pitch being of low cost fibresand design and not the latest hybrid.

I won’t comment on the overall development agreement with Rushmoor Borough Council, other than to say I have absolutely no belief in the current vision and trust in the process.

I also resent the statement made by Searle, that his frustration with our current results is greater than mine. He should try driving to and from the depths of Exmoor with the knowledge that my wife’s observations will be warming up in the oven, in readiness for my late night return.

https://ashotfromwales.blogspot.com (view web version for comment and sidebar images)
According to the Farnham Herald article linked above our new ground will be £7million and 7000 capacity... Judging by the Boston one you mentioned our proposal seems quite cheap...
Wheres that article from Farnham Herald Dom?

Is it recent? Thanks

Birdman

Post by Birdman » Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:06 pm

Danny's Shovel wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:38 pm
A Shot from Wales wrote:

Is it recent? Thanks
Those figures were stated by SA at the FF in 2019 (I thought that it was 2018 but Mr P said it was 2019 so I’m going with that) so they’re public knowledge. I’ve also quoted those figures a couple of times on here. ‘£1m per thousand spectators’ was used by SA. The money was coming from Natta as part of their overall involvement in the whole redevelopment which was stated as £30m.

Danny's Shovel

Post by Danny's Shovel » Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:10 pm

Birdman wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:06 pm
Danny's Shovel wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:38 pm

Is it recent? Thanks
Those figures were stated by SA at the FF in 2019 (I thought that it was 2018 but Mr P said it was 2019 so I’m going with that) so they’re public knowledge. I’ve also quoted those figures a couple of times on here. ‘£1m per thousand spectators’ was used by SA. The money was coming from Natta as part of their overall involvement in the whole redevelopment which was stated as £30m.
Thank You yeah i did google it and thats what i saw from 2019, just hoped it was an updated version/news last few months etc.

Birdman

Post by Birdman » Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:25 pm

For the work that might be involved it doesn’t seem enough to me. If it was a new build on an empty piece of land then that figure may seem ok. But here, I’m assuming that the North and South sides to be demolished, main building as well, Eastbank to be dealt with (new roof and terracing) and then the rebuilding to take place. I’m a bit sceptical about that figure.
I’m saying that though as someone who hasn’t got a clue about redevelopment costs.

Danny's Shovel

Post by Danny's Shovel » Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:31 pm

Maybe it will be a AFC Wimbledon returning to Plough Lane, and at the last minute saying we need at extra 4 million or something, and it will go Pete Tong coz of that, AFC's was ok tho in the end.

GWRBA

Post by GWRBA » Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:08 pm

"...the construction of a new 7,000-capacity arena, at a cost of £7 million, plus 136 houses and a 140-room hotel... due to begin in the summer of 2021."

Nuff said. Was suppose to have stated by now. Never will. Was a PR stunt to help his Rushmoor Council Leader friend win a few votes.

Oh, and Board, to answer the original question.

Richard Petty

Post by Richard Petty » Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:36 pm

GWRBA wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:08 pm
"...the construction of a new 7,000-capacity arena, at a cost of £7 million, plus 136 houses and a 140-room hotel... due to begin in the summer of 2021."

Nuff said. Was suppose to have stated by now. Never will. Was a PR stunt to help his Rushmoor Council Leader friend win a few votes.

I don't recall any commencement date being given but perhaps I missed it. As far as I am aware every time any question has been asked about when it will happen we have always been given a completion date which was that it would be completed in time for the start of the 2026/27 season to celebrate 100 years of football in Aldershot. Assuming it goes ahead there is no reason why that cant still be achieved as that's nearly five years away.

redblueuptoyou

Post by redblueuptoyou » Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:29 pm

Richard Petty wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:36 pm
GWRBA wrote:

I don't recall any commencement date being given but perhaps I missed it. As far as I am aware every time any question has been asked about when it will happen we have always been given a completion date which was that it would be completed in time for the start of the 2026/27 season to celebrate 100 years of football in Aldershot. Assuming it goes ahead there is no reason why that cant still be achieved as that's nearly five years away.
It’s in the Farnham Herald article: https://www.farnhamherald.com/article.c ... hyear=2019

WTF

Post by WTF » Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:25 pm

Richard Petty wrote:
GWRBA wrote:

So are suggesting that nothing will change financially/ budget wise until the redevelopment is completed in time for the start of the 2026/27 season?

Richard Petty

Post by Richard Petty » Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:01 pm

WTF wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:25 pm
Richard Petty wrote:
GWRBA wrote:

So are suggesting that nothing will change financially/ budget wise until the redevelopment is completed in time for the start of the 2026/27 season?
I bavent said anything about finances or budgets ?

WTF

Post by WTF » Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:19 pm

Richard Petty wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:01 pm
WTF wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:25 pm
Richard Petty wrote:

I bavent said anything about finances or budgets ?
Apologies, it was more of a question as if the future is dependant as such on the redevelopment then things will not change from now?

What is your view on this?

ShotOnTarget

Post by ShotOnTarget » Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:19 pm

redblueuptoyou wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:29 pm
Richard Petty wrote:
GWRBA wrote:

It’s in the Farnham Herald article: https://www.farnhamherald.com/article.c ... hyear=2019
Interesting article. It also said part of the 5 year plan is league football. I wonder which part of the plan will be realised first? Do bookmakers offer odds on such eventualities?