Poll. Board or DS

Weybourne Shot
Re: Poll. Board or DS

Post by Weybourne Shot » Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:51 am

Headley Shot wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:57 am
Is this a popularity contest ?
Or a hypothetical vote to sack someone because neither is possible.
Sacking DS won’t guarantee first team success but it will worsen the financial position.
Sacking the Board isn’t possible either unless you’ve got the money to buy their shares and give them a profit for selling to you.
When the lease is signed, new people might arrive upstairs or downstairs.
One things for sure, it won’t be influenced by a straw poll on Shotsweb 😂
If our attendances drop any further then something has to give though. 1000 fans down per match at 20 quid a head = a loss of income of 20 grand a match, don't need many of those to cover any pay off.

Dr Jim Royle

Post by Dr Jim Royle » Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:11 am

Manager

Apart from choosing wrong Managers, maybe Waddock apart, our current BOD I think have done well. So many gripes fans have had like half time entertainment, communication (Shots Media Show), hospitality and a very good set of sponsors all under their leadership, have all been implemented. I know still seams to be never happening but when it does the ground development will be something no other BOD has achieved.

In Sight of Victory Shot

Post by In Sight of Victory Shot » Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:38 am

Dr Jim Royle wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:11 am

I know still seams to be never happening but when it does the ground development will be something no other BOD has achieved.
Fingers still crossed.
Here is a reminder of our 5-year plan...reported in 2019 by the Farnham News -:
https://www.farnhamherald.com/article.c ... hyear=2019

Charles Dickens

Post by Charles Dickens » Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:51 am

Both extremely bad.

The easy part,sack the manager today and offer some glimmer of hope.

Can`t sack the BOD, as a repacement BOD is not in sight.

It follows, that helpless fans can only watch in dismay as this hopeless saga continues.

ShotOnTarget

Post by ShotOnTarget » Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:58 am

It's really hard to call as we don't know some of the relevant facts the calls for the levels of transparency required have not proved popular in various quarters in the past.

The harsh truth is that it is a mere product that you either are prepared to spend your money on or you're not.

If the budget has been cut to the quick, would it not be politic for the BoD to just say so and be completely frank? If there is genuinely a budget that is far less than the average for the division, it would at least put some perspective on current goings on.

Danny's Shovel

Post by Danny's Shovel » Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:33 pm

We have 7 coaches and 13/14 senior players, those coaches are being payed.... No team in this league has this many in the dugout, especially ones with such meagre resources!

if we have had a boss plus a coach, plus maybe one other..... The 4 extra coaches who have gone these funds could be used to for probably 2/3 extra conference level players..... The extra coaches clearly make no difference, apart from making us worse!

Richard Petty

Post by Richard Petty » Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:53 pm

Danny's Shovel wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:33 pm
We have 7 coaches and 13/14 senior players, those coaches are being payed.... No team in this league has this many in the dugout, especially ones with such meagre resources!

if we have had a boss plus a coach, plus maybe one other..... The 4 extra coaches who have gone these funds could be used to for probably 2/3 extra conference level players..... The extra coaches clearly make no difference, apart from making us worse!
Not all the coaching staff will be being paid as some of them will be interns (for many years like most clubs we have had interns), However certainly a good question for someone to submit for the fans forum to settle this concern by getting confirmation as to exactly how many of the staff are actually employed and of those employed how many may be part time only.

Aldershot_Rob

Post by Aldershot_Rob » Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:03 pm

By interns, do you mean friends? ;)

hepcat

Post by hepcat » Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:14 pm

Richard Petty wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:53 pm
Danny's Shovel wrote:

Not all the coaching staff will be being paid as some of them will be interns (for many years like most clubs we have had interns), However certainly a good question for someone to submit for the fans forum to settle this concern by getting confirmation as to exactly how many of the staff are actually employed and of those employed how many may be part time only.
I was wondering if they were connected to/employed by Gordon's School where we train. It would seem unlikely the club would take on so many

Danny's Shovel

Post by Danny's Shovel » Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:21 pm

Richard Petty wrote:
Danny's Shovel wrote:

Yes good point RP, though on subject of interns, I know the Analysts might be young and Henry could be interns, but certainly these 8 arent.

Searle - Boss
Anwar Number 2
Mikey Koops - like another coach
George - Conditioning coach
Jamie Waller - coach
Sam Bates coach
The guy i dont know his name, but looks abit Turkish, not George another guy
David Blackmore - GK Coach, i know he left but came back

Of these 8 id say none are under age of what 28 maybe, Koops is prob youngest at that age.... The other 7 are all over 30

Richard Petty

Post by Richard Petty » Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:28 pm

Aldershot_Rob wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:03 pm
By interns, do you mean friends? ;)
No LOL.

Sports medical students are desperate to get placements with sports clubs as their internships can be critical in gaining employment once they have qualified. The applications usually far exceed the vacancies available.

Just out of interest the same internship scheme operates in other areas as well such as Media and we have (going back to our EFL days) done our bit by offering internships in that area as well.

Business's in all industries offering internships are doing a lot to help students and it is something that should always be encouraged, of course it also benefits the business as some of these students are very bright and hard working and give a lot back in return for the experience they gain during their placement

Richard Petty

Post by Richard Petty » Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:48 pm

Danny's Shovel wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:21 pm
Richard Petty wrote:
Danny's Shovel wrote:

Yes good point RP, though on subject of interns, I know the Analysts might be young and Henry could be interns, but certainly these 8 arent.

Searle - Boss
Anwar Number 2
Jamie Waller - coach

Sam Bates coach

Of these 8 id say none are under age of what 28 maybe, Koops is prob youngest at that age.... The other 7 are all over 30
I don't know for sure so this is just me offering an opinion but would agree that its pretty certain the ones I have highlighted in Red would be paid, the others not so sure. David Blackmore was attending games unpaid but isn't around now though and the goalkeeping coach is Jerome John (who I would expect to be paid) but he may be part time as many goalkeeping coaches are.

George isnt really what I would call a coach, he is whats usually referred to as the Physio so when we list coaching staff I am not sure he should be really be included as thats a bit misleading

Sam Bates I have never heard of and cant find any record of anyone with that name connected to us, I gather from posts on here that he was in the team photo.

The one you say looks Turkish, sorry no idea on that one

Danny's Shovel

Post by Danny's Shovel » Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:52 pm

Richard Petty wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:48 pm
Danny's Shovel wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:21 pm
Richard Petty wrote:

Searle - Boss
Anwar Number 2
Jamie Waller - coach

Sam Bates coach

I don't know for sure so this is just me offering an opinion but would agree that its pretty certain the ones I have highlighted in Red would be paid, the others not so sure. David Blackmore was attending games unpaid but isn't around now though and the goalkeeping coach is Jerome John (who I would expect to be paid).

George isnt really what I would call a coach, he is whats usually referred to as the Physio so when we list coaching staff I am not sure he should be really be included as thats a bit misleading

Sam Bates I have never heard of and cant find any record of anyone with that name connected to us, I gather from posts on here that he was in the team photo.

The one you say looks Turkish, sorry no idea on that one
Arr yes Jerome John instead of DB now.

A Shot from Wales

Post by A Shot from Wales » Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:53 pm

Over far too many years we have suffered from footballing ineptitude and quite clearly institutional failings.

And in respect of the ground development…for context…Boston Utd have recently opened a new 5000 capacity stadium with 2k seats at a cost of £12m. The pitch being of low cost fibresand design and not the latest hybrid.

I won’t comment on the overall development agreement with Rushmoor Borough Council, other than to say I have absolutely no belief in the current vision and trust in the process.

I also resent the statement made by Searle, that his frustration with our current results is greater than mine. He should try driving to and from the depths of Exmoor with the knowledge that my wife’s observations will be warming up in the oven, in readiness for my late night return.

https://ashotfromwales.blogspot.com (view web version for comment and sidebar images)

Richard Petty

Post by Richard Petty » Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:05 pm

A Shot from Wales wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:53 pm
Over far too many years we have suffered from footballing ineptitude and quite clearly institutional failings.

And in respect of the ground development…for context…Boston Utd have recently opened a new 5000 capacity stadium with 2k seats at a cost of £12m. The pitch being of low cost fibresand design and not the latest hybrid.

I won’t comment on the overall development agreement with Rushmoor Borough Council, other than to say I have absolutely no belief in the current vision and trust in the process.

I also resent the statement made by Searle, that his frustration with our current results is greater than mine. He should try driving to and from the depths of Exmoor with the knowledge that my wife’s observations will be warming up in the oven, in readiness for my late night return.

https://ashotfromwales.blogspot.com (view web version for comment and sidebar images)
Nice little stadium that.

If I was to be picky, I am not a great fan of having one side of a stadium so obviously higher than the other three sides unless you shape it so that it drops down at each end (like a wave effect) to match the height of the other stands. In this case the fault isn't (in my opinion) the fault of the big stand I think its the other stands that should have been made higher.

They will be doing well with non matchday income from the stadium as looking at the online brochures they have pretty much everything you could need. They have rooms to hold both small and large meetings, they have a large conference/wedding/ ball venue that can hold up to 200 people and they have three restaurant/bars for smaller events. Forget whether you like the style of the stadium or not as a facility it is a perfect blueprint for what we need (though I would like to see a bit more matchday capacity).
Last edited by Richard Petty on Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.