Re: Mr Searles Latest Interview

Post by Anon E Mouse » Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:28 am

Banbury Shot wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:59 am
A.T.F.C 92 wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:48 am
Anon E Mouse wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:34 pm
I can't bring myself to watch. I can imagine what is being said and I'm not interested.
Just watch any pre match interview in previous games you won't need to watch this one it's the same thing over and over
and post-match!
Thought so, that's why I didn't bother ....Yardie, Yardie, Yarder.......
So wish I lived abroad so I could post comments without having to have endured the last 10 years live.

Ian M

Post by Ian M » Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:06 pm

Yep, I don't even listen to his interviews now. No point...the content is virtually unchanged in 18 months.

I write comms for a living, nothing sadder or funnier than someone using a "formula" rather than soul. Sad to see

HarryTom

Post by HarryTom » Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:15 pm

Ian M wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:06 pm
Yep, I don't even listen to his interviews now. No point...the content is virtually unchanged in 18 months.

I write comms for a living, nothing sadder or funnier than someone using a "formula" rather than soul. Sad to see
If you write comms for a living, maybe you could give us an insight as to what you would have said in that interview.........Just a thought

Statto

Post by Statto » Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:44 pm

Dr Jim Royle wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:25 am
In response to the interview.....

1. If we’ve got such a small first team squad in comparison to the rest of the league, then why have we currently got 3 of them out on loan?

2. “With regards to the fans, I can guarantee we’re more frustrated than they are”. REALLY?! I don’t think so!! 👹🤬

1. The youngsters signed are being primed for next season at best, and in need of Men's Football at a lower level in their learning curve. They will be very cheap and seen as long term investment. I've no issues here.

2. Danny lives in a Dream World, area I was stood in Saturday and bar after, not one person happy with us or him.
I can see the reasoning behind that, JimBob, but sometimes you'll see that managers do just roll the dice and throw a kid in. I wish we'd do that more often (Tommy Willard impressed!)! I'd rather we tried something and it not work than just not do it!

Royston Figgis

Post by Royston Figgis » Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:51 pm

HarryTom wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:15 pm
Ian M wrote:

If you write comms for a living, maybe you could give us an insight as to what you would have said in that interview.........Just a thought
I'm sorry, HarryTom, but did you not understand what Ian M meant by using a formula rather than soul - would you have Ian M interpret what DS should be articulating from DS's soul?
Maybe its me.

Ian M

Post by Ian M » Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:18 pm

HarryTom wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:15 pm
Ian M wrote:

1) Something less predictable!! (i.e not a repetition of every recent post match interview)
2) Something tangible about a way forward.
3) Something to demonstrate his understanding of his audience
4) Offer to resign??
5) Where our players minds go after 44 and 88 mins??

...just a thought

- footnote: Just read the transcript pre tonight's game. We need some points apparently. No kidding.