Off To Southend

EV
Off To Southend

Post by EV » Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:15 pm

Well I'm going later & will sing myself hoarse to get behind the lads & manager.
Just my own opinion, but it's a time to support the team more than ever. Time to show just how great us fans can be in times of adversity.
We all want the club to succeed & the club will only do this if we help the lads pull through this tough start.
Whatever the problems off the pitch, whatever peoples feelings towards any of those involved with the club, if we only boost the players each game with vocal support then we can get through this together.
It's really saddens me to see the divide in the fan base. It only weakens our position.
I can make a difference & so can you.!
UP THE SHOTS.!!!

Cph.shots
Re: Off To Southend

Post by Cph.shots » Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:26 pm

EV wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:15 pm
Well I'm going later & will sing myself hoarse to get behind the lads & manager.
Just my own opinion, but it's a time to support the team more than ever. Time to show just how great us fans can be in times of adversity.
We all want the club to succeed & the club will only do this if we help the lads pull through this tough start.
Whatever the problems off the pitch, whatever peoples feelings towards any of those involved with the club, if we only boost the players each game with vocal support then we can get through this together.
It's really saddens me to see the divide in the fan base. It only weakens our position.
I can make a difference & so can you.!
UP THE SHOTS.!!!
Well done EV. Really hope you get to see a good game and a 'shots win.

Preston Shot

Post by Preston Shot » Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:27 pm

Good post EV I’ll see you there.
Let’s at least be United for the team.

Danny's Shovel

Post by Danny's Shovel » Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:44 pm

Shots have been very well backed to win tonight with bookies.

Bet 365 yesterday were 1/2 Southend, 11-4 Draw, 6-1 Shots

Now, Evens Southend, 12-5 Draw, 12-5 Shots.

That is some market move for the Shots to come in from 6s to just over 2s in day, usually means when this happens alot of money has gone a Shots win from somewhere and they will put up a good show and go close to winning.... Lets finally hope so!

lowerbourneshot

Post by lowerbourneshot » Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:21 pm

Have to leave prittlewell on the 21.32 if you want to get back to Aldershot.

redandbluescb

Post by redandbluescb » Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:44 pm

At last a positive thread well done EV cheer the lads on to 3 points tonight.

HarryTom

Post by HarryTom » Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:53 pm

Well done EV for going tonite, Can't make it myself, but i will be there in spirit, Sing your heart out for the boy's !! Hope you have a safe journey there and back. And i hope you return having seen us grab the points, COYS

HarryTom

Post by HarryTom » Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:07 pm

Danny's Shovel wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:44 pm

That is some market move for the Shots to come in from 6s to just over 2s in day, usually means when this happens alot of money has gone a Shots win from somewhere and they will put up a good show and go close to winning.... Lets finally hope so!
Hey Danny, did not expect you to be on this thread, but credit were credit is due, i know we both have ,shall we say, slightly different views on all things ATFC,but i am sure ,if not positive, we both want what is best for our club, and a win or hard fought draw would make us smile tonite.
If we win................pizza on me, even that awful Hawaiian !!
Last edited by HarryTom on Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cph.shots

Post by Cph.shots » Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:08 pm

..........and obviously the same to all the others that are going, really you get a good result for your commitment.

Malmesbury Shot

Post by Malmesbury Shot » Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:34 pm

Bring a brolley!

I arrived about an hour ago and it's a bit damp!

Weybourne Shot

Post by Weybourne Shot » Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:16 pm

I will be there tonight but again not expecting much but you never know. Part of the reason for travelling is to revive some of those old Football League and Cup memories and trips to Roots Hall in front of 8 or 9 thousand, always a good atmosphere there in that stand with the barell roof which is similar to the East Bank. Had a soft spot for that place ever since my first visit back in November 1972, a 2-0 win for the Shots in the FA cup 1st round. We went out in the next round losing 2-0 to Watford at Vicarage Road, great memories though and a whole world away from where we are now sadly.

Richard Petty

Post by Richard Petty » Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:18 pm

HarryTom wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:07 pm
Danny's Shovel wrote:

Hey Danny, did not expect you to be on this thread, but credit were credit is due, i know we both have ,shall we say, slightly different views on all things ATFC,but i am sure ,if not positive, we both want what is best for our club, and a win or hard fought draw would make us smile tonite.
Is it because you are one of those who has an issue with pineapple on a Pizza that you don't like the Hawaiian

HarryTom

Post by HarryTom » Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:24 pm

Richard Petty wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:18 pm
HarryTom wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:07 pm
Danny's Shovel wrote:

Is it because you are one of those who has an issue with pineapple on a Pizza that you don't like the Hawaiian
Got it in one Richard ! Back in the Eighties, that old favourite , Gammon and pineapple !! God gimme strength

Bob

Post by Bob » Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:33 pm

Weybourne Shot wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:16 pm
I will be there tonight but again not expecting much but you never know. Part of the reason for travelling is to revive some of those old Football League and Cup memories and trips to Roots Hall in front of 8 or 9 thousand, always a good atmosphere there in that stand with the barell roof which is similar to the East Bank. Had a soft spot for that place ever since my first visit back in November 1972, a 2-0 win for the Shots in the FA cup 1st round. We went out in the next round losing 2-0 to Watford at Vicarage Road, great memories though and a whole world away from where we are now sadly.
Southend was my first away game, a 1-0 defeat ( shock) in March 85, was a strange feeling going to an away game on my own as a 14 year old

shotsboy66

Post by shotsboy66 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:39 pm

Weybourne Shot wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:16 pm
Good on you Weybourne- reviving those memories. That 2-0 FA Cup win you mention would have been when Southend were in Div 3, with Shots in Div 4. Happy days eh? Now look at us. Bottom of Div 5.

ps..I was unlucky to be at Roots Hall the night we lost 1-10 in the Freight Rover game...