Southend Chairman

Post Reply
steveshot
Posts: 474
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:41 pm
Southend Chairman

Post by steveshot » Sat Oct 02, 2021 7:47 pm

Phil Brown the manager is saying he ‘feels’ for under-fire chairman Ron Martin. He says he has ploughed his money in keeping the club afloat for 20 years and are struggling.What do we ‘feel’ for our Chairman?

Got that from the Basildon Canvey Southend Echo

Danny's Shovel
Posts: 718
Joined: Thu May 13, 2021 11:17 am
Re: Southend Chairman

Post by Danny's Shovel » Sat Oct 02, 2021 7:53 pm

I feel for he should have gone along time ago, Woking fans love him being our chairman this says it all as they see his reign there as a disaster.

He must have known at the end of last season we were going to be in this mess this season....... So why didn't he furlough players like alot of other conf teams were doing at the end of last season as there was no relegation and this would have given us more funds to give us a chance this season?

is it just incompetency.... Pretty costly if so.

Having 13 senior players at this level is a disgrace.

Chalkie
Posts: 151
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:50 am
Re: Southend Chairman

Post by Chalkie » Sat Oct 02, 2021 8:09 pm

Ron Martin's meet and greet with Southend fans didn't go too well.
https://twitter.com/James_Dart/status/1 ... 12546?s=19

Danny's Shovel
Posts: 718
Joined: Thu May 13, 2021 11:17 am
Re: Southend Chairman

Post by Danny's Shovel » Sat Oct 02, 2021 8:13 pm

It didn't no, lose at Dover Tuesday and scenes reminiscent of Dover away & Dillon could be seen again....... Clearly not at MM though.

HackJowarth
Posts: 194
Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:18 pm
Re: Southend Chairman

Post by HackJowarth » Sat Oct 02, 2021 10:30 pm

Chalkie wrote:
Sat Oct 02, 2021 8:09 pm
Ron Martin's meet and greet with Southend fans didn't go too well.
https://twitter.com/James_Dart/status/1 ... 12546?s=19
At least the Southend Chairman was visible!

Alex
Posts: 1220
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:56 pm
Re: Southend Chairman

Post by Alex » Sat Oct 02, 2021 11:01 pm

HackJowarth wrote:
Sat Oct 02, 2021 10:30 pm
Chalkie wrote:
Sat Oct 02, 2021 8:09 pm
Ron Martin's meet and greet with Southend fans didn't go too well.
https://twitter.com/James_Dart/status/1 ... 12546?s=19
At least the Southend Chairman was visible!
Not sure what you’re getting at but ours was at the EBB today

TracoShot
Posts: 379
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:46 pm
Re: Southend Chairman

Post by TracoShot » Sun Oct 03, 2021 10:50 am

I wonder what reception Azeem would get if he wandered into the East Bank at the next home game......

Turnkey
Posts: 662
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2018 4:06 pm
Re: Southend Chairman

Post by Turnkey » Sun Oct 03, 2021 11:44 am

TracoShot wrote:
Sun Oct 03, 2021 10:50 am
I wonder what reception Azeem would get if he wandered into the East Bank at the next home game......
He stands in the East bank quite a lot. I know he does this because no one who slags him off here would have the balls to say it to his face.

Tim67
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:44 pm
Re: Southend Chairman

Post by Tim67 » Sun Oct 03, 2021 11:54 am

Far too many people are all mouth and no trousers.

If our Chairman was near me in the Eastbank, or anywhere else, and he felt like talking to me, I'd probably ask about money for a couple of new players but I wouldn't be rude or aggressive.

Is anyone seriously suggesting that our Chairman is some doom merchant here to wreck the club?

Yes, he, like others, makes mistakes. But a little respect goes a long way in life I find...

Have we forgot that saying about not knowing the truth about another person's life until we've walked a mile in his/her shoes?!

Obviously the keyboard warrior types are perfect and their unblemished lives of high achievement will mean they'll be putting in their CVs next week...and offering to buy new players.

I can't wait.......

Preston Shot
Posts: 1145
Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:23 am
Re: Southend Chairman

Post by Preston Shot » Sun Oct 03, 2021 1:01 pm

Good points , who’d want to own a poorly supported team with bang average players and lose money every week.
Sometimes you have to admire these club owners for stumping up their own money.
They’ll never be an investor looking at Aldershot as we don’t offer an investment.

Dom Sterlings Left Leg
Posts: 235
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:00 pm
Re: Southend Chairman

Post by Dom Sterlings Left Leg » Sun Oct 03, 2021 1:05 pm

Sorry hasnt Deane Wood just parted with considerable money investing in the club?

Preston Shot
Posts: 1145
Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:23 am
Re: Southend Chairman

Post by Preston Shot » Sun Oct 03, 2021 1:13 pm

Dom Sterlings Left Leg wrote:
Sun Oct 03, 2021 1:05 pm
Sorry hasnt Deane Wood just parted with considerable money investing in the club?
As far as I see it he’s giving the club a loan to keep them afloat.
Yes he’ll want it back but he’ll be waiting a long time.
Do you think he’s actually interested in the football team as he doesn’t seem to speak out loud and was no where in sight at the fans forum ?
He’s banking on the new stadium and housing be developed.
Do you think he’ll invest after that’s completed and he’s got his money back , I’ll be surprised.
Relegation could pretty much kill these dreams anyhow.

Dom Sterlings Left Leg
Posts: 235
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:00 pm
Re: Southend Chairman

Post by Dom Sterlings Left Leg » Sun Oct 03, 2021 1:36 pm

I have no idea but if hes shown such generosity to give the club a considerable loan when the club is in such a poor state maybe he might invest if the club wasnt?.

Personally with the latest revised down ground development i dont see how he gets his money back but thats his problem ultimately.

Agreed relegation will be a disaster, sadly i dont see a way out of it under the current restraints which are a direct consequence of the poor stewardship of the club over the past 10 years

WTF
Posts: 968
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:17 am
Re: Southend Chairman

Post by WTF » Sun Oct 03, 2021 1:40 pm

Dom Sterlings Left Leg wrote:
Sun Oct 03, 2021 1:36 pm
I have no idea but if hes shown such generosity to give the club a considerable loan when the club is in such a poor state maybe he might invest if the club wasnt?.

Personally with the latest revised down ground development i dont see how he gets his money back but thats his problem ultimately.

Agreed relegation will be a disaster, sadly i dont see a way out of it under the current restraints which are a direct consequence of the poor stewardship of the club over the past 10 years
Sadly top words Dom!

Alex
Posts: 1220
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:56 pm
Re: Southend Chairman

Post by Alex » Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:50 pm

Phil Brown is hoping to re-sign winger Ricky Holmes from Farnborough


Post Reply