Bowers and Pitsea it is….

Post Reply
Bob
Posts: 1486
Joined: Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:58 pm
Re: Bowers and Pitsea it is….

Post by Bob » Wed Oct 06, 2021 7:57 pm

Whereabouts in Essex is this place? Just wandering if I can make it if I leave brookwood about 1 o’clock, could be tight depending on which part of Graham gooch land it is!

Old Bob
Posts: 950
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:23 pm
Re: Bowers and Pitsea it is….

Post by Old Bob » Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:02 pm

Alex wrote:
Wed Oct 06, 2021 4:59 pm
Why mentions of the Bedford and Farnborough games?

This is totally different!
It isn't. It's a cup game against "lower" opposition, of the kind that we have habitually under-estimated (wildly under-estimated) in the past. But surely you know that?

Old Bob
Posts: 950
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:23 pm
Re: Bowers and Pitsea it is….

Post by Old Bob » Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:03 pm

Bob wrote:
Wed Oct 06, 2021 7:57 pm
Whereabouts in Essex is this place? Just wandering if I can make it if I leave brookwood about 1 o’clock, could be tight depending on which part of Graham gooch land it is!
Pitsea used to be an isolated village but is now a suburb of the awful Basildon conurbation.

Alex
Posts: 1220
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:56 pm
Re: Bowers and Pitsea it is….

Post by Alex » Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:05 pm

Bob wrote:
Wed Oct 06, 2021 7:57 pm
Whereabouts in Essex is this place? Just wandering if I can make it if I leave brookwood about 1 o’clock, could be tight depending on which part of Graham gooch land it is!
Their ground is a 5 mins drive from Basildon.

Bob
Posts: 1486
Joined: Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:58 pm
Re: Bowers and Pitsea it is….

Post by Bob » Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:10 pm

Thanks gents, Basildon I think is roughly central Essex? I know Dagenham is about 45 minutes on the tube from waterloo so would leave brookwood no later than 12.30

Bob
Posts: 1486
Joined: Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:58 pm
Re: Bowers and Pitsea it is….

Post by Bob » Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:20 pm

Old Bob wrote:
Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:02 pm
Alex wrote:
Wed Oct 06, 2021 4:59 pm
Why mentions of the Bedford and Farnborough games?

This is totally different!
It isn't. It's a cup game against "lower" opposition, of the kind that we have habitually under-estimated (wildly under-estimated) in the past. But surely you know that?
Hang on Bob we’ve only lost to Eastbourne, shortwood, Dover, east Thurrock twice, Bedford, Havant, Hereford and burgess hill in the last 10 years or so 🪓

DH
Posts: 78
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:18 pm
Re: Bowers and Pitsea it is….

Post by DH » Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:40 pm

Game to be played on the Saturday according to their Twitter feed. Which means I can't go. :cry:

Alex
Posts: 1220
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:56 pm
Re: Bowers and Pitsea it is….

Post by Alex » Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:42 pm

Still a chance it MIGHT be moved

Old Bob
Posts: 950
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:23 pm
Re: Bowers and Pitsea it is….

Post by Old Bob » Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:43 pm

DH wrote:
Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:40 pm
Game to be played on the Saturday according to their Twitter feed. Which means I can't go. :cry:
And I can't go on the Sunday. Call me selfish, but I'd rather the game was played when I can attend (but you can't) than when you can attend (but I can't) :lol:

DH
Posts: 78
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:18 pm
Re: Bowers and Pitsea it is….

Post by DH » Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:44 pm

Old Bob wrote:
Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:43 pm
DH wrote:
Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:40 pm
Game to be played on the Saturday according to their Twitter feed. Which means I can't go. :cry:
And I can't go on the Sunday. Call me selfish, but I'd rather the game was played when I can attend (but you can't) than when you can attend (but I can't) :lol:
None taken!! :lol:

Old Bob
Posts: 950
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:23 pm
Re: Bowers and Pitsea it is….

Post by Old Bob » Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:46 pm

DH wrote:
Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:44 pm
Old Bob wrote:
Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:43 pm
DH wrote:
Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:40 pm
Game to be played on the Saturday according to their Twitter feed. Which means I can't go. :cry:
And I can't go on the Sunday. Call me selfish, but I'd rather the game was played when I can attend (but you can't) than when you can attend (but I can't) :lol:
None taken!! :lol:
Nice one, Mr Lawrence!

SHOTSMAN68
Posts: 322
Joined: Mon Mar 04, 2019 5:43 pm
Re: Bowers and Pitsea it is….

Post by SHOTSMAN68 » Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:56 pm

chichester city beat them on there mini cup run the other year going on to play tranmere when chichester helped out bury with some of the cup money i believe. my son went to the game at tranmere which was also televised and although if i remember chi lost 6-0 they gave tranmere a good game

Anon E Mouse
Posts: 5056
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:29 pm
Re: Bowers and Pitsea it is….

Post by Anon E Mouse » Wed Oct 06, 2021 10:09 pm

What is the nearest rail station?

lowerbourneshot
Posts: 552
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:29 pm
Location: The Ex Legion now Lower Bourne Social Club
Re: Bowers and Pitsea it is….

Post by lowerbourneshot » Wed Oct 06, 2021 10:11 pm

Anon E Mouse wrote:
Wed Oct 06, 2021 10:09 pm
What is the nearest rail station?
Pitsea

Anon E Mouse
Posts: 5056
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:29 pm
Re: Bowers and Pitsea it is….

Post by Anon E Mouse » Wed Oct 06, 2021 10:12 pm

lowerbourneshot wrote:
Wed Oct 06, 2021 10:11 pm
Anon E Mouse wrote:
Wed Oct 06, 2021 10:09 pm
What is the nearest rail station?
Pitsea
Thanks.


Post Reply