Bowers and Pitsea it is….

Post Reply
Bowersnashy
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:26 pm
Re: Bowers and Pitsea it is….

Post by Bowersnashy » Fri Oct 08, 2021 7:17 pm

TracoShot wrote:
Fri Oct 08, 2021 10:02 am
Bowersnashy wrote:
Fri Oct 08, 2021 9:01 am
Hi all I'm Bowers volunteer photographer.

I was looking at Aldershot Town stuff ahead of the cup game and happened upon this. I thought I'd put myself on offer for any questions about travel etc if you still have them.

Hope anyone making the trip has a good one.
Hi and thanks for posting.

Thinking of driving round for the game so could you advise on parking. Also do you know what the capacity is for the game which I assume isnt segregated ?

TIA
Ground is 3.500 I think but I'm unsure if this has been dropped following covid. We don't normally get more than 200 so we don't tend to have to worry about it 😂.

Parking is difficult. The club has a small parking area and have a couple of bits they use as temporary parking but the local streets are difficult as they are residential but odd space can be found. it may be that there is a plan to have a lot more spaces. I should be able to give you an update on that next week.

Anon E Mouse
Posts: 5056
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:29 pm
Re: Bowers and Pitsea it is….

Post by Anon E Mouse » Fri Oct 08, 2021 10:01 pm

Bowersnashy wrote:
Fri Oct 08, 2021 7:17 pm
TracoShot wrote:
Fri Oct 08, 2021 10:02 am
Bowersnashy wrote:
Fri Oct 08, 2021 9:01 am
Hi all I'm Bowers volunteer photographer.

I was looking at Aldershot Town stuff ahead of the cup game and happened upon this. I thought I'd put myself on offer for any questions about travel etc if you still have them.

Hope anyone making the trip has a good one.
Hi and thanks for posting.

Thinking of driving round for the game so could you advise on parking. Also do you know what the capacity is for the game which I assume isnt segregated ?

TIA
Ground is 3.500 I think but I'm unsure if this has been dropped following covid. We don't normally get more than 200 so we don't tend to have to worry about it 😂.

Parking is difficult. The club has a small parking area and have a couple of bits they use as temporary parking but the local streets are difficult as they are residential but odd space can be found. it may be that there is a plan to have a lot more spaces. I should be able to give you an update on that next week.
Capacity 2661 with 300 seats

Skeleton Bob
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Jan 11, 2007 6:36 pm
Location: Colchester, Essex
Re: Bowers and Pitsea it is….

Post by Skeleton Bob » Fri Oct 08, 2021 11:21 pm

I was planning to use the big car park at Tesco - isn’t that what most B&P fans do?

Bowersnashy
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:26 pm
Re: Bowers and Pitsea it is….

Post by Bowersnashy » Sat Oct 09, 2021 12:51 pm

Skeleton Bob wrote:
Fri Oct 08, 2021 11:21 pm
I was planning to use the big car park at Tesco - isn’t that what most B&P fans do?
Most games parking isn't a problem and there is ample either in the car park the club has or people park on the local streets but we normally only get 200 people maximum a lot of the time. This one that won't work.

The tesco is about a 10-20 minute walk but if the club can arrange what they're trying to you'd be a 5min walk away. I'll let you all know when I have an update on that.

Bowersnashy
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:26 pm
Re: Bowers and Pitsea it is….

Post by Bowersnashy » Sat Oct 09, 2021 12:53 pm

Anon E Mouse wrote:
Fri Oct 08, 2021 10:01 pm
Bowersnashy wrote:
Fri Oct 08, 2021 7:17 pm
TracoShot wrote:
Fri Oct 08, 2021 10:02 am

Hi and thanks for posting.

Thinking of driving round for the game so could you advise on parking. Also do you know what the capacity is for the game which I assume isnt segregated ?

TIA
Ground is 3.500 I think but I'm unsure if this has been dropped following covid. We don't normally get more than 200 so we don't tend to have to worry about it 😂.

Parking is difficult. The club has a small parking area and have a couple of bits they use as temporary parking but the local streets are difficult as they are residential but odd space can be found. it may be that there is a plan to have a lot more spaces. I should be able to give you an update on that next week.
Capacity 2661 with 300 seats
I don't believe that's right as I'm sure the newly developed three stands that have seats have a lot more than 300. But I'm often wrong so may be it is 😂.

shots1965
Posts: 990
Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:16 pm
Location: Oklahoma USA
Re: Bowers and Pitsea it is….

Post by shots1965 » Sat Oct 09, 2021 5:24 pm

B&P lost 0-1 to Kingstonian today…top of league

Bowersnashy
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:26 pm
Re: Bowers and Pitsea it is….

Post by Bowersnashy » Sat Oct 09, 2021 5:48 pm

shots1965 wrote:
Sat Oct 09, 2021 5:24 pm
B&P lost 0-1 to Kingstonian today…top of league
It was a close game and I don't feel we were at our best. Hopefully a good cup tie in store next week.

Anon E Mouse
Posts: 5056
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:29 pm
Re: Bowers and Pitsea it is….

Post by Anon E Mouse » Sat Oct 09, 2021 6:00 pm

Bowersnashy wrote:
Sat Oct 09, 2021 5:48 pm
shots1965 wrote:
Sat Oct 09, 2021 5:24 pm
B&P lost 0-1 to Kingstonian today…top of league
It was a close game and I don't feel we were at our best. Hopefully a good cup tie in store next week.
We were both saving ourselves for the big one next weekend :lol:
Thanks for coming on Bowers, and trying to help , appreciated.

We will have a coach to park at the ground too btw.

Bowersnashy
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:26 pm
Re: Bowers and Pitsea it is….

Post by Bowersnashy » Sat Oct 09, 2021 9:58 pm

Appreciate the thanks. You're welcome.

I've shared that with the club about the coach. Message back is they'll aim to get that in the car park but I'm really hoping by early next week they'll have agreed use of another nearby large car park just in case it does get as busy as is being suggested.

Anon E Mouse
Posts: 5056
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:29 pm
Re: Bowers and Pitsea it is….

Post by Anon E Mouse » Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:52 am

Bowersnashy wrote:
Sat Oct 09, 2021 9:58 pm
Appreciate the thanks. You're welcome.

I've shared that with the club about the coach. Message back is they'll aim to get that in the car park but I'm really hoping by early next week they'll have agreed use of another nearby large car park just in case it does get as busy as is being suggested.
I think if it had been a few years back we would of been bringing 700/800, but with the way things are, especially with the Covid situation and travel, the parking (all be it seemingly being addressed), and with bigger games coming and money being tight, I expect we will only bring 400/500, with most being attracted to the new ground.
I hope you get the pay day you deserve, and make sure you stock up on Beer (we drink a lot), and with our lack of goals and habit of letting in goals at very bad times 40-45 and 85-90, you have every chance of an upset.

Bowersnashy
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:26 pm
Re: Bowers and Pitsea it is….

Post by Bowersnashy » Sun Oct 10, 2021 12:22 pm

I'll pass on your thoughts about attendance. The committee will appreciate it I'm sure.

Hopefully you'll all enjoy the visit. The ground has been refurbished a lot in recent years and although the 3g pitch isn't everyone's cup of tea it doesn't mean 'game on' mostly no matter what the weather is.

Whether you bring 10 or 1000 I hope you all have a great day.

Hopefully I'll be able to give you an update on the parking situation in the week.

Tim67
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:44 pm
Re: Bowers and Pitsea it is….

Post by Tim67 » Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:34 pm

I think we'll bring between 300 and 500.

Aldershot_Rob
Posts: 854
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 4:54 pm
Location: England
Re: Bowers and Pitsea it is….

Post by Aldershot_Rob » Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:45 pm

Thanks Bowernashy for coming on here and sharing info etc. Much appreciated.

Excuse my ignorance and I know a Google search will give e some of the answers, but how are you getting on this season?

Bowersnashy
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:26 pm
Re: Bowers and Pitsea it is….

Post by Bowersnashy » Sun Oct 10, 2021 8:05 pm

Aldershot_Rob wrote:
Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:45 pm
Thanks Bowernashy for coming on here and sharing info etc. Much appreciated.

Excuse my ignorance and I know a Google search will give e some of the answers, but how are you getting on this season?
Until Saturday we were unbeaten in 8 games in all competitions. Saturday we came against top of the table and they edged it 1-0. League form has been up and down before that run but we tend to have a smallish squad and we're hampered by injuries etc at the start of the season.

We've never completed a full season at this level yet thanks to covid coming about in our first season after promotion. Smallsy the gaffer has taken us to two league titles and associated promotions since I started going in 2016. He also took Bowers to a FA Vase semi final in 2016.

Not the biggest budget or a big following but they've done well in the time I've been going over. I'm sure the lads will be pumped up to have a real go next week against higher opposition. That's the fun of the cup isn't it?

Anon E Mouse
Posts: 5056
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:29 pm
Re: Bowers and Pitsea it is….

Post by Anon E Mouse » Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:07 am



Post Reply