New signing Friday

redblueuptoyou
Re: New signing Friday

Post by redblueuptoyou » Sat Oct 09, 2021 10:26 am

Ian Rust wrote:
Fri Oct 08, 2021 11:57 pm
All these signings seem to be players lined up by Danny Searle. (Ndjoli & Fawole played pre-season & Wagstaff was obviously lined up in the summer because he remained a free agent and we’d kept the No.4 shirt free).

Why didn’t the board allow them to be signed in pre-season so that we started with Searle’s full squad, rather than wait until a quarter of the season was over & we were in the bottom three before getting the real full squad signed up.

I’m pissed that we didn’t start the season with our actual full squad, as it looks a good set of players & we could have been in the top half of the table now.
There’s a bit of jumping to conclusions there with us keeping a squad number free for Wagstaff. A few of us mentioned the missing no. 4 and how it’s traditionally reserved for a defensive/central midfielder but that doesn’t necessarily mean it was only ever going to be for Scott.

Wasn’t Josh injured in pre-season so - rightly- the board wanted him to prove his fitness?

Steve Melledew

Post by Steve Melledew » Sat Oct 09, 2021 10:47 am

Wondering whether any of our squad are only contracted or have a clause in there contract until Jan 1st Aouchria’s loan will be up by then and maybe Akanbi was only given a short contract to prove himself as Josh is at Farnborough until then. Which would keep the club within budget if we let one or two go whilst bringing him back from his loan.

aldershot-jg

Post by aldershot-jg » Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:20 am

It seems likely that Ndjoli and Fawole were back training with the team before Searle was sacked, doesn’t make sense why Searle didn’t sign Ndjoli but MM signed him within 2 weeks. Fawole you can understand, was probably going to be offered something until he was injured then invited back for a second chance, guessing the same for Ndjoli once Searle realised how weak his front line was, either MM has signed them as they were already here and he had no better option or they’ve impressed him enough.

It does seem though out of the choices Searle had Akanbi was the wrong one.

chimpster99

Post by chimpster99 » Sat Oct 09, 2021 8:54 pm

I don't buy your theory Rusty.

We've no way of knowing if Ndjoli was training with us before Searle left. He was one of MM's academy lads at Bournemoth so it makes sense that hes now signed. I also think Searle's departure has coincided with a new investment, or else the board have decided to give MM an increased budget to rebuild with (borrowing against future profits from the stadium?).

Melbourne Red

Post by Melbourne Red » Sat Oct 09, 2021 9:44 pm

I actually wonder if DS had spent his entire budget - as others observed ‘American Josh’ (as he was known) was still around the club and there was also talk about re-signing Jermaine Anderson when he was fit. Plus there was the vacant number 4 shirt.

The squad at the start of the season was very thin, 13(?) senior pros, so perhaps Danny was waiting for a few players to drop their wage demands, knowing he’d previously had success with players like Powell and Anderson who were signed after the season had started.

Ian Rust

Post by Ian Rust » Sun Oct 10, 2021 5:52 am

chimpster99 wrote:
Sat Oct 09, 2021 8:54 pm
I don't buy your theory Rusty.

We've no way of knowing if Ndjoli was training with us before Searle left. He was one of MM's academy lads at Bournemoth so it makes sense that hes now signed. I also think Searle's departure has coincided with a new investment, or else the board have decided to give MM an increased budget to rebuild with (borrowing against future profits from the stadium?).
I watched Ndjoli score two goals for us in a pre-season friendly at Slough. After that I spotted him in pictures taken during training.

aldershot-jg

Post by aldershot-jg » Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:09 am

Agree with the thinking that Searle was gambling with a cheaper squad and holding back with some budget for Anderson to get fit. Wonder if that money was used on Wagstaff or even if Anderson has an intention to come back here with Searle gone, he’ll still be familiar with most players here.

Dr Jim Royle

Post by Dr Jim Royle » Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:17 am

Just waiting now for the theory that the Russians hacked DS Twitter account, the Chinese cloned DS DNA to look like Mark Moseley and Shahid will be revealed as Englebert Humperdink, winner of the Masked Singer TV Show (2020).

The players we have actually signed are just FIFA 2021 arcade professionals and Richard Petty will be outed as Danny's Shovel, his alter ego.

Charles Dickens

Post by Charles Dickens » Sun Oct 10, 2021 11:58 am

IanShots wrote:
Sat Oct 09, 2021 10:21 am
Turnkey wrote:
Sat Oct 09, 2021 10:00 am
Shot in the back wrote:
Sat Oct 09, 2021 5:50 am
Maybe the reason we have been unable to bring them all in sooner is financial now that we have funds coming in regularly there is a bit more wriggle room to bring players in .This will hopefully give MM the options and depth the squad needs to push us upwards
Defo feels more positive
If that’s the case why wasn’t Searle given the time to bring them in and then use a full squad. I wonder how feels sitting at home after being told there’s no budget only to see MM make loads of signings, unless they’re all playing for free of course.
I very much suspect the some board members have dug into their own pockets to support the signings.
If I was a board member I would have no confidence doing that with Searle there, now he has gone the confidence factor has come back and therefore the investment? Just an idea.....
Not an idea,two years of incompcompetence, a sane business decision by the BOD.

Richard Petty

Post by Richard Petty » Sun Oct 10, 2021 12:29 pm

Dr Jim Royle wrote:
Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:17 am
Just waiting now for the theory that the Russians hacked DS Twitter account, the Chinese cloned DS DNA to look like Mark Moseley and Shahid will be revealed as Englebert Humperdink, winner of the Masked Singer TV Show (2020).

The players we have actually signed are just FIFA 2021 arcade professionals and Richard Petty will be outed as Danny's Shovel, his alter ego.
:lol:

Statto

Post by Statto » Sun Oct 10, 2021 2:38 pm

Dr Jim Royle wrote:
Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:17 am

Indeed JimBob! Plus, that all goes together with the theory that Real Madrid or Barcelona may be watching what we do, hence why we now rarely announce the length of loan moves (either in/out)!