Luggy the Kitman has left the club

Anon E Mouse
Re: Luggy the Kitman has left the club

Post by Anon E Mouse » Sun Oct 10, 2021 1:38 pm

See the clear out has begun, but frankly I didn't think it would be the Kit Man to go first.
Sure we will never know, but good luck Luggy. Hope you find another job soon. Proper character.

WTF

Post by WTF » Sun Oct 10, 2021 2:22 pm

That's sad, good luck Luggy!👍

aldershot-jg

Post by aldershot-jg » Sun Oct 10, 2021 2:35 pm

His tweeted early this morning before this:

“back in for another long day at the EBB to get the kit turned round and ready for FA cup next week”

Seems somewhat surprising, Didn’t know the guy but he seems like a good bloke who loves what he does, gutted for him.

hepcat

Post by hepcat » Sun Oct 10, 2021 4:22 pm

Is it wash your own kit now ? We seem to be getting more amateur by the hour. In our latest falling behind Woking matter I noticed they had around 4500 v Grimsby, If Grimsby max out their support at the rec (1300) I cant see us getting more than 3000 for the same fixture-and that's a high end prediction. Why are we falling behind ? How's their rebuild going ? We have swapped places with them. You cynically see a link with who we gained and they got rid of.
We are getting more tin pot by the week, Hope Mr Lugg goes somewhere professional where he'll be a key part of the set up.
Anyone got a bucket they can bring to the next home game so we can have a whip 'round for a box of Persil for the lads. 1992 again.

Anon E Mouse

Post by Anon E Mouse » Sun Oct 10, 2021 4:43 pm

Vest and Pants for the Bowers and Pitsea game. :(

There is obviously more than meets the eye on this story. Something has gone wrong.

shotsboy66

Post by shotsboy66 » Sun Oct 10, 2021 4:51 pm

hepcat wrote:
Sun Oct 10, 2021 4:22 pm
Is it wash your own kit now ? We seem to be getting more amateur by the hour. In our latest falling behind Woking matter I noticed they had around 4500 v Grimsby, If Grimsby max out their support at the rec (1300) I cant see us getting more than 3000 for the same fixture-and that's a high end prediction. Why are we falling behind ? How's their rebuild going ? We have swapped places with them. You cynically see a link with who we gained and they got rid of.
We are getting more tin pot by the week, Hope Mr Lugg goes somewhere professional where he'll be a key part of the set up.
Anyone got a bucket they can bring to the next home game so we can have a whip 'round for a box of Persil for the lads. 1992 again.
Interesting points there Hepcat- re attendances. All the more reason to have a successful outcome at Pitsea in the FA Cup.

A loss next Saturday would, I feel, have a serious knock on effect for the Bromley home game the following week. I wonder what the situation is with the kitman Luggy?

Aldershot_Rob

Post by Aldershot_Rob » Sun Oct 10, 2021 5:07 pm

I love how everyone assumes the worst on this. I don't know for sure, but wasn't he one of Danny's boys? Perhaps we were paying way over the top (expenses, travel etc) and decided on an option closer to home?
Just a thought

HarryTom

Post by HarryTom » Sun Oct 10, 2021 5:13 pm

Aldershot_Rob wrote:
Sun Oct 10, 2021 5:07 pm
I love how everyone assumes the worst on this. I don't know for sure, but wasn't he one of Danny's boys? Perhaps we were paying way over the top (expenses, travel etc) and decided on an option closer to home?
Just a thought
Totally agree, people making stupid comments when they don't know the full story..yet again :roll:

hepcat

Post by hepcat » Sun Oct 10, 2021 5:33 pm

HarryTom wrote:
Sun Oct 10, 2021 5:13 pm
Aldershot_Rob wrote:
Just a thought
Totally agree, people making stupid comments when they don't know the full story..yet again :roll:
But we have enough life experience to know that the clubs current situation and demise isn't down to fantastic leadership and first rate policies, If we need a benchmark it is fair to use Woking and ask what are they doing so fantastically right that we are doing so fantastically wrong. Unless you lack the life experience needed to ask such a question and assume we're doing great . Personally I'm open mouthed that Woking are not only getting results we can only fantasise about (4-0 v Torquay 4-1 v Notts 3-1 v Chesterfield) but we cant match the crowds they're now pulling with or without their ticket promotions/concessions . It's a total reversal of fortunes. The full story is what ? I wish they'd tell us as all we've got is the rather stark ending.

Dr Jim Royle

Post by Dr Jim Royle » Sun Oct 10, 2021 5:45 pm

Does anybody seriously think that the kit wash and arrangement on match days has not been covered?

Beggars belief what some folk find to slaughter folk within our club about.

Wand of a left foot

Post by Wand of a left foot » Sun Oct 10, 2021 5:48 pm

hepcat wrote:
Sun Oct 10, 2021 5:33 pm
HarryTom wrote:
Aldershot_Rob wrote:
Just a thought
But we have enough life experience to know that the clubs current situation and demise isn't down to fantastic leadership and first rate policies, If we need a benchmark it is fair to use Woking and ask what are they doing so fantastically right that we are doing so fantastically wrong. Unless you lack the life experience needed to ask such a question and assume we're doing great . Personally I'm open mouthed that Woking are not only getting results we can only fantasise about (4-0 v Torquay 4-1 v Notts 3-1 v Chesterfield) but we cant match the crowds they're now pulling with or without their ticket promotions/concessions . It's a total reversal of fortunes. The full story is what ? I wish they'd tell us as all we've got is the rather stark ending.
The story is Woking have had a significant investment into the club.

Aldershot_Rob

Post by Aldershot_Rob » Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:09 pm

Dr Jim Royle wrote:
Sun Oct 10, 2021 5:45 pm
Does anybody seriously think that the kit wash and arrangement on match days has not been covered?

Beggars belief what some folk find to slaughter folk within our club about.
Not only is our kit not being washed, Woking have become our benchmark

HarryTom

Post by HarryTom » Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:11 pm

hepcat wrote:
Sun Oct 10, 2021 5:33 pm
HarryTom wrote:
Aldershot_Rob wrote:
Just a thought
Why on earth are you going on about Woking ? My comment was about the kit man and agreeing with Aldershot Rob and his comment. :?

Preston Shot

Post by Preston Shot » Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:11 pm

shotsboy66 wrote:
Sun Oct 10, 2021 4:51 pm
hepcat wrote:
Sun Oct 10, 2021 4:22 pm
Interesting points there Hepcat- re attendances. All the more reason to have a successful outcome at Pitsea in the FA Cup.

A loss next Saturday would, I feel, have a serious knock on effect for the Bromley home game the following week. I wonder what the situation is with the kitman Luggy?
Bromley won five on the spin