Luggy the Kitman has left the club

HarryTom
Re: Luggy the Kitman has left the club

Post by HarryTom » Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:20 pm

Dr Jim Royle wrote:
Sun Oct 10, 2021 5:45 pm
Does anybody seriously think that the kit wash and arrangement on match days has not been covered?

Beggars belief what some folk find to slaughter folk within our club about.
Apparently hepcat does not believe we have it covered , must know more than he is letting on :roll:

ACA

Post by ACA » Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:28 pm

Wand of a left foot wrote:
Sun Oct 10, 2021 5:48 pm
The story is Woking have had a significant investment into the club.
It was also their first Saturday home fixture since they played Halifax on 28th August.

Danny's Shovel

Post by Danny's Shovel » Sun Oct 10, 2021 7:32 pm

It could be anything as the reason why!

But looking at his Twitter, seems he got the boot and doesn't have anything else to go into.

Good luck though son.

fredandballou

Post by fredandballou » Sun Oct 10, 2021 8:06 pm

Luggy drove the long slog up to Stockport in the kit van for the match, when he got home to the EBB after another long hike back he found he had been sacked. Although I've no knowledge of the circumstances surrounding the sacking the timing of it seems particularly harsh.

hepcat

Post by hepcat » Sun Oct 10, 2021 8:16 pm

ACA wrote:
Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:28 pm
It was also their first Saturday home fixture since they played Halifax on 28th August.
I think you need to check things out. They played Dagenham on Tuesday and got 2200-a gate we only equalled thanks to Chesterfield's away support-and had 4500 yesterday, a gate I can't even imagine us having these days no matter what scheme we use to try and entice fans. Whatever reason the kit man left/sacked it just seems to underline how unprofessional we've become and how far we're falling behind, Didn't the chap investing in Woking want to come here first ? That was the rumour-if true why wont Sahid sell up and admit that he simply cant take us any further ? Or did the chap take a look and run ? We're always in the dark. The redevelopment seems watered down at best, unlikely to happen at worst. We're at a huge fork in the road, As it stands I can't see us being anything more than a makeweight in the NL and we're a long long way from the 92 to 2008 days when it was all upwards. . A huge amount lies on MM and TB's shoulders.

80fc

Post by 80fc » Sun Oct 10, 2021 8:17 pm

Maybe he got the sack maybe he didn't. It happens in football both ways no loyalty anymore.

hepcat

Post by hepcat » Sun Oct 10, 2021 8:21 pm

HarryTom wrote:
Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:11 pm
hepcat wrote:
Sun Oct 10, 2021 5:33 pm
HarryTom wrote:
Sun Oct 10, 2021 5:13 pm

Totally agree, people making stupid comments when they don't know the full story..yet again :roll:
But we have enough life experience to know that the clubs current situation and demise isn't down to fantastic leadership and first rate policies, If we need a benchmark it is fair to use Woking and ask what are they doing so fantastically right that we are doing so fantastically wrong. Unless you lack the life experience needed to ask such a question and assume we're doing great . Personally I'm open mouthed that Woking are not only getting results we can only fantasise about (4-0 v Torquay 4-1 v Notts 3-1 v Chesterfield) but we cant match the crowds they're now pulling with or without their ticket promotions/concessions . It's a total reversal of fortunes. The full story is what ? I wish they'd tell us as all we've got is the rather stark ending.
Why on earth are you going on about Woking ? My comment was about the kit man and agreeing with Aldershot Rob and his comment. :?
To underline and illustrate how far we have fallen. When was the last time we had a 4500 gate ? They got 2200 midweek v Dagenham-a fate we;ve only had this season thanks to Chesterfield bringing a mob. All the things happening at our club were standard jokes we cracked about Woking a few years back, That's why it's important to mention the massive role reversal. I expect they are having a good laugh at us these days.

HarryTom

Post by HarryTom » Sun Oct 10, 2021 8:28 pm

hepcat wrote:
Sun Oct 10, 2021 8:21 pm
HarryTom wrote:
hepcat wrote:

But we have enough life experience to know that the clubs current situation and demise isn't down to fantastic leadership and first rate policies, If we need a benchmark it is fair to use Woking and ask what are they doing so fantastically right that we are doing so fantastically wrong. Unless you lack the life experience needed to ask such a question and assume we're doing great . Personally I'm open mouthed that Woking are not only getting results we can only fantasise about (4-0 v Torquay 4-1 v Notts 3-1 v Chesterfield) but we cant match the crowds they're now pulling with or without their ticket promotions/concessions . It's a total reversal of fortunes. The full story is what ? I wish they'd tell us as all we've got is the rather stark ending.
Why on earth are you going on about Woking ? My comment was about the kit man and agreeing with Aldershot Rob and his comment. :?
To underline and illustrate how far we have fallen. When was the last time we had a 4500 gate ? They got 2200 midweek v Dagenham-a fate we;ve only had this season thanks to Chesterfield bringing a mob. All the things happening at our club were standard jokes we cracked about Woking a few years back, That's why it's important to mention the massive role reversal. I expect they are having a good laugh at us these days.
Yet again, why are you going on about Woking ,,, My comments where not about them

Danny's Shovel

Post by Danny's Shovel » Sun Oct 10, 2021 8:39 pm

hepcat wrote:
HarryTom wrote:
hepcat wrote:

Theres no role reversal.... Woking are fast starters theyve won the league about 3 times in last 7 seasons by the end of September but only just avoid relegation or do go down..... Same again for them this season!....... We are the ones with history, weve beaten them in what the last 8 times in a row we have played them in the league........... We take double/treble to them what they do to us........They offer cheap deals we dont, so they pick up the Carlton Fairweather fans..... In 10 years time im pretty certain we will be higher placed in the pyramid that them,,,,,, We will always be the bigger club.

hepcat

Post by hepcat » Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:10 pm

Danny's Shovel wrote:
Sun Oct 10, 2021 8:39 pm
hepcat wrote:
HarryTom wrote:

Theres no role reversal.... Woking are fast starters theyve won the league about 3 times in last 7 seasons by the end of September but only just avoid relegation or do go down..... Same again for them this season!....... We are the ones with history, weve beaten them in what the last 8 times in a row we have played them in the league........... We take double/treble to them what they do to us........They offer cheap deals we dont, so they pick up the Carlton Fairweather fans..... In 10 years time im pretty certain we will be higher placed in the pyramid that them,,,,,, We will always be the bigger club.
I hope so Danny. We're going through a depressing phase and we've been in it for too long. I do honestly doubt if we'd pull 4500 for any game even if we matched Woking's offers; we badly need something to buy into. I was hoping on the redevelopment ,but that just doesn't seem to be happening and looks to be watered down. A lot depends on MM and TB. As things stand (or stood) I could easily see us lapsing into a Hereford/Darlington /Chester of the South looking at Farnborough once again as derby material ! I think I'll pack it in if that happens ! I mean, that's as low as we can sink. Having to compete with Spencer Day's outfit on equal footing !!!!

HarryTom

Post by HarryTom » Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:45 pm

hepcat wrote:
Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:10 pm
Danny's Shovel wrote:
Sun Oct 10, 2021 8:39 pm
hepcat wrote:

I hope so Danny. We're going through a depressing phase and we've been in it for too long. I do honestly doubt if we'd pull 4500 for any game even if we matched Woking's offers; we badly need something to buy into. I was hoping on the redevelopment ,but that just doesn't seem to be happening and looks to be watered down. A lot depends on MM and TB. As things stand (or stood) I could easily see us lapsing into a Hereford/Darlington /Chester of the South looking at Farnborough once again as derby material ! I think I'll pack it in if that happens ! I mean, that's as low as we can sink. Having to compete with Spencer Day's outfit on equal footing !!!!
Stop being so negative PLEASE, We have new management now, Most peoples choice may i add, It's going to take a while for them to get to grips with the situation, (hopefully they do) so lets get right behind them and the team and stop , oh, and stop going on about bloody Woking and the crowds they sometimes get, i for one couldn't give a monkey's about them or their crowed number's

ACA

Post by ACA » Sun Oct 10, 2021 11:06 pm

hepcat wrote:
Sun Oct 10, 2021 8:16 pm
ACA wrote:
Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:28 pm
I think you need to check things out. They played Dagenham on Tuesday and got 2200-a gate we only equalled thanks to Chesterfield's away support-and had 4500 yesterday, a gate I can't even imagine us having these days no matter what scheme we use to try and entice fans.
I have checked things out, thanks. I merely suggested that in addition to the significant investment they've benefited from over the last few months (which has clearly improved their playing squad), it was their first Saturday home fixture since the end of August. Not everyone can get to midweek games, so it's one possible factor to explain such a good attendance. The fact that they've had some impressive results in their last three games and are towards the right end of the table will also have helped. Where Woking are "getting it right" is that fundamentally, they have a decent looking team which is winning football matches. That does tend to have a positive impact on attendances.

Kingfield Ender

Post by Kingfield Ender » Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:49 am

Our situation has certainly been helped by a few hundred grand of input, no disputing that at all, not all spent on the team though

There has also been a very decent marketing approach from WFC, sensible season ticket pricing and of course the team doing better than expected. For the first time in ages there seems to be a vision of what the club could actually be rather than just bumbling about feeling 'lucky to be here'. The creation of the new outdoor fanzone has certainly helped where we can sit outside and drink , a fully stocked shop with everything you ever wanted has really been popular, never seen so much WFC branded kit about

Despite rumours our budget seems to be about £800k, when you consider Dagenham are working with a well publicised £1.6m it shows that it can be done without breaking the bank and who knows what some of the bigger clubs are playing with. Dagenham can't get 1300 most weeks so it all seems a pointless exercise there

As for crowds, better than I thought was possible this early, current ave is 2909 with only Grimsby (900) bringing much). Anything over 2300 in my opinion would be considered a success

Crowing about our situation v yours ?, nope. MM is working with one hand behind his back this season isnt he ? and its a good year for it too with Dover, Kings Lynn and Weymouth likely fallers. He'll get you sorted and 1 pt for us over xmas will be greeted with an open top bus parade

hepcat

Post by hepcat » Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:08 am

HarryTom wrote:
Sun Oct 10, 2021 8:28 pm
hepcat wrote:
HarryTom wrote:

Yet again, why are you going on about Woking ,,, My comments where not about them
To illustrate and underline how far we have fallen. Sorry if you cant cope with any debate outside of your extremely narrow perimeters and don't know what an illustration to a point is.

WTF

Post by WTF » Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:34 am

Kingfield Ender wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:49 am
Our situation has certainly been helped by a few hundred grand of input, no disputing that at all, not all spent on the team though

There has also been a very decent marketing approach from WFC, sensible season ticket pricing and of course the team doing better than expected. For the first time in ages there seems to be a vision of what the club could actually be rather than just bumbling about feeling 'lucky to be here'. The creation of the new outdoor fanzone has certainly helped where we can sit outside and drink , a fully stocked shop with everything you ever wanted has really been popular, never seen so much WFC branded kit about

Despite rumours our budget seems to be about £800k, when you consider Dagenham are working with a well publicised £1.6m it shows that it can be done without breaking the bank and who knows what some of the bigger clubs are playing with. Dagenham can't get 1300 most weeks so it all seems a pointless exercise there

As for crowds, better than I thought was possible this early, current ave is 2909 with only Grimsby (900) bringing much). Anything over 2300 in my opinion would be considered a success

Crowing about our situation v yours ?, nope. MM is working with one hand behind his back this season isnt he ? and its a good year for it too with Dover, Kings Lynn and Weymouth likely fallers. He'll get you sorted and 1 pt for us over xmas will be greeted with an open top bus parade
Very good post, shows in my opinion how a different approach off the park can positively affect the situation!