Luggy the Kitman has left the club

Josh
Re: Luggy the Kitman has left the club

Post by Josh » Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:12 pm

1 - Good luck to Luggy the Kitman. Seems harsh for him to lose his job after all his hard work in Saturday but then the club did make DS do a fans' forum 4 days before he lost his job.

2 - People do seem to accept mediocrity these days. If just trying to stay up in the NL is the Vision then I give up. We seem to be a total embarrassment on and off the pitch.

WTF

Post by WTF » Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:18 pm

Josh wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:12 pm
1 - Good luck to Luggy the Kitman. Seems harsh for him to lose his job after all his hard work in Saturday but then the club did make DS do a fans' forum 4 days before he lost his job.

2 - People do seem to accept mediocrity these days. If just trying to stay up in the NL is the Vision then I give up. We seem to be a total embarrassment on and off the pitch.
Agree with both your points 100%

shotsboy66

Post by shotsboy66 » Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:45 pm

Just want to echo the thoughts of the two posts above. I`m saddened at "Luggy" losing his position as kitman. Is it really necessary?

Only the other day Scott Wagstaff mentioned him on interview, saying they had been together at Charlton. I got the impression he was very popular with the playing staff.

I have to say a big part of me feels further away from the club nowadays. As I mentioned earlier in the thread the spirit of the club- and what made it special has faded away. I feel like i`m surviving on memories alone, when standing on the tetrraces these days.

I want the club`s results to improve. For me, a match day experience is nothing if the club lose at home. Many fans feel exhausted by the shortcomings of this club we support.

Great supporters- who deserve so much better

Preston Shot

Post by Preston Shot » Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:35 am

All the best to Luggy , but no disrespect my main concern is us finding someone who can put the ball in the net other than the brilliant Corrie Andrews !
Don't forget he's only here till the end of January i believe.
The lad Ndjoli looked sharp and quick with his 30 minutes the other day and was unlucky not to score so he could be a positive.
As for the other forwards we have there's not 10 goals in them between them and that says it all for me.

ShotOnTarget

Post by ShotOnTarget » Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:54 am

Nobody has picked upon the Woking and kit connection. I recall the embarrassing situation when someone forgot the correct kit for the Woking away fixture and the Shots had to play in their kit. Unfortunately it was also a game featured on live TV.

Fast forward a decade or so.......

Good luck to Woking. Any club that is experiencing good fortune in challenging circumstances by being smart deserves respect. The usual suspects of course are despetately looking for reasons why this is some sort of anomoly/will be short lived/isn't comparable blah blah blah rather than accepting the facts.

My advice to them is to not think too deeply as they might come to understand the 'Loyal Supporter' moniker is more than a little vapid.

shotsboy66

Post by shotsboy66 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:13 am

ShotOnTarget wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:54 am
Nobody has picked upon the Woking and kit connection. I recall the embarrassing situation when someone forgot the correct kit for the Woking away fixture and the Shots had to play in their kit. Unfortunately it was also a game featured on live TV.

Good luck to Woking. Any club that is experiencing good fortune in challenging circumstances by being smart deserves respect. The usual suspects of course are despetately looking for reasons why this is some sort of anomoly/will be short lived/isn't comparable blah blah blah rather than accepting the facts.

My advice to them is to not think too deeply as they might come to understand the 'Loyal Supporter' moniker is more than a little vapid.
Interesting point that SoT..that was the game where Danny Hylton made his league debut for the Shots. However, what is often overlooked is that was the game which resulted in John McGinty taking over as Chairman only a day or two later.

So what was one of the clubs more embarrassing moments with the kit fiasco, actually turned out to be one of the finest moments for the club when JM put in a sizeable sum of ££ to assist the club.

ShotOnTarget

Post by ShotOnTarget » Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:27 am

shotsboy66 wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:13 am
ShotOnTarget wrote:

Interesting point that SoT..that was the game where Danny Hylton made his league debut for the Shots. However, what is often overlooked is that was the game which resulted in John McGinty taking over as Chairman only a day or two later.

So what was one of the clubs more embarrassing moments with the kit fiasco, actually turned out to be one of the finest moments for the club when JM put in a sizeable sum of ££ to assist the club.
:?: I'm not sure of your point. Are you suggesting that the kit fiasco was a factor in the late, great John McGinty's increased commitment to the club? I'm not sure how you can conflate the two events. I'm personally of the opinion that the timing of the events was coincidental.

shotsboy66

Post by shotsboy66 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:37 am

ShotOnTarget wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:27 am
shotsboy66 wrote:
ShotOnTarget wrote:

:?: I'm not sure of your point. Are you suggesting that the kit fiasco was a factor in the late, great John McGinty's increased commitment to the club? I'm not sure how you can conflate the two events. I'm personally of the opinion that the timing of the events was coincidental.
It was coincidental. i was not trying to suggest the kit business was the factor in JM putting money into the club. Just the fact it happened the next day I believe it was.

scorp

Post by scorp » Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:25 am

Some interesting comments by the chairman of Grimsby FC. He kicks off about Newcastle, Sharia Law and etc, but has a focus on "As co-owner of Grimsby Town, I know local fans and communities are the lifeblood of the game – and the key to its long-term future" https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... ommunities

CH

Post by CH » Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:32 am

I thought the kit issue was down to us going through a phase of insisting on white away kits despite seemingly half the league* at the time playing in red and white. Cue the release of a yellow 3rd strip soon after :lol: :roll:

Woking
Dagenham
Morecambe
York
Exeter
Gravesend
Stevenage
Kidderminster
Crawley
Altrincham
Tamworth

We also made the same decision in 2013/14 and had to hastily release a blue third shirt, with the white and sky blue Bridges shirt very rarely getting a outing.

Woking
Lincoln
Altrincham
Kidderminster
Welling
Wrexham
Tamworth all playing in red and white.

A.T.F.C 92

Post by A.T.F.C 92 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:03 pm

Preston Shot wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:35 am
All the best to Luggy , but no disrespect my main concern is us finding someone who can put the ball in the net other than the brilliant Corrie Andrews !
Don't forget he's only here till the end of January i believe.
The lad Ndjoli looked sharp and quick with his 30 minutes the other day and was unlucky not to score so he could be a positive.
As for the other forwards we have there's not 10 goals in them between them and that says it all for me.
Hopefully TB can use his relationship with Afc Wimbledon and we can keep him all season

hepcat

Post by hepcat » Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:01 pm

shotsboy66 wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:39 am
hepcat wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:37 am
ACA wrote:
Sun Oct 10, 2021 11:06 pm

I have checked things out, thanks. I merely suggested that in addition to the significant investment they've benefited from over the last few months (which has clearly improved their playing squad), it was their first Saturday home fixture since the end of August. Not everyone can get to midweek games, so it's one possible factor to explain such a good attendance. The fact that they've had some impressive results in their last three games and are towards the right end of the table will also have helped. Where Woking are "getting it right" is that fundamentally, they have a decent looking team which is winning football matches. That does tend to have a positive impact on attendances.
Again, they equalled our biggest crowd on a Tuesday (ours was a Saturday game boosted by Chesterfield's big following) and we have not had 4500 for a league game in years. Maybe it will all go pop for them but we need something to rankle with us/stir us into action like Woking (or even Bromley ) edging ahead to wake people up to the reality they avoid. We need an "If they can do it why cant we ?" attitude rather than constantly accepting the "We cant possible compete" mantra where the chairman says we are a NLS club and we have to be grateful for it. That's probably why we have a shrinking support; why would the people we need to attract rush to that ? It will take a long while (without any investment) and MM and TB performing the odd miracle before we get 4500 for a game where we're slugging with a "big" boy for promotion. Apathy and denial have and are huge contributory factors for our malaise. The majority of our catchment /target audience need a lot more to get them through our turnstiles. We've struggled to get 2000+ gates since relegation back to the NL (a huge body blow ) and we need something to get our Mojo back; a sense that we're aiming for the FL would be a start.
To quote an ex Shots manager- "it is what it is". Sadly Mr Hepcat the chickens are coming home to roost. ATFC should be capable of so much more than being a makeweight in the 5th Division.

Let`s face it, financially, the club are in the Eartha Kitt. An acceptance of mediocrity needs reversing, and quickly. Thankfully with MM & TB at the wheel, fortunes will hopefully start to favour the Aldershot

I have said it several times on here- though many won`t remember, that apathy will be the clubs biggest opponent while gates continue to dwindle.

Giving the previous manager a new two year contract was, for me, totally baffling. Anyway, that was in the recent past. As of now, the club MUST progress next Saturday in the FA Cup.

The last time we saw gates of 4,500 in truth was the first Conference season in 2003/04. One of the best atmospheres at the Rec that season was when Chester visited. It was the day of the England/Australia rugby WC, when Johnny Wilkinson struck gold.

The game was played in ******* rain but a great advert of football was had in a 1-1 draw.

What we now need at Aldershot is a togetherness. The old spirit has died a slow death in truth. The North east terrace used to be worth a goal start for Shots- but now appears less & less populated when i stand there. It will be a long battle ahead for the club to claw back the trust of fans (im one) who have felt totally sickened by the actions of those "up top" making decisions. Many now feel detached from the football club- which is a crying shame, because there is a passionate fan base at Aldershot, which I have to say have been incredibly tolerant over the past ten seasons or so.

So finally Mr Hepcat- I feel your pain & frustration. Sadly this club have been asleep at the wheel for far too long. However I feel confident that Mr Molesley can wake us up.

Up the Aldershot!!
Indeed. This is THE place to let off steam and scream our frustrations so that we get them out of our system so that we don't bring a toxic atmosphere to the game. Players ARE effected by a toxic home atmosphere and need SUPPORT when we're on the terraces. That said, I would like to get back to the days when we were fab ! Fondest memory on the rise came in 2008 (naturally) when we played Histon. We raced to a 2-0 lead then played around for fun (not showboating , just enjoying playing) Histon got a goal and we immediately stepped up a gear and restored the two goal advantage, Histon decided not to provoke us any further and let us do our thing , It was obvious we had 100% of what it took to go up. Be great to get back to that type of supremacy !

aldershot-jg

Post by aldershot-jg » Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:03 pm

CH wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:32 am
I thought the kit issue was down to us going through a phase of insisting on white away kits despite seemingly half the league* at the time playing in red and white. Cue the release of a yellow 3rd strip soon after :lol: :roll:
The forgotten kit was the first story that came out, I think it was technically true because wasn't that we took one kit the ref said to change so kitman went back got the other kit and the ref didn't like that either. As you say the only real mistake was who ever chose the colour for the away kit.

Richard Petty

Post by Richard Petty » Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:15 pm

aldershot-jg wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:03 pm
CH wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:32 am
The forgotten kit was the first story that came out, I think it was technically true because wasn't that we took one kit the ref said to change so kitman went back got the other kit and the ref didn't like that either. As you say the only real mistake was who ever chose the colour for the away kit.
That was the season that we were wearing the Red and Blue quarter shirts as worn by the mascots in the picture from a more recent Get Surrey article looking back at that game https://www.getsurrey.co.uk/news/nostal ... n-12287214

The away kit that season was indeed White, I can understand the Ref deciding there was a problem as the Red and White quarters did pretty much rule out both our shirts. I note in the article that Karl who was our chairman at the time suggested that Woking should have changed their kit and that we would have done if it had been the other way round, I don't think we would have done.

Statto

Post by Statto » Tue Oct 12, 2021 6:52 pm

shotsboy66 wrote:
ShotOnTarget wrote:

My records show that John McGinty became our chairman in May 2007. The "wrong kit" Woking game was in October 2006.