Kings Lynn

Alex
Re: Kings Lynn

Post by Alex » Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:10 pm

After 2 wins in a row with the same starting XI why does there need to be talk of replacing players with some coming back from injury or loan out?

If they’re all fit and available just stick with the same line-up and formation/tactics.

Let’s continue to boost the confidence of those who have done well in the last two games and only worry about making changes when absolutely necessary!

HarryTom

Post by HarryTom » Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:31 pm

Alex wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:10 pm
After 2 wins in a row with the same starting XI why does there need to be talk of replacing players with some coming back from injury or loan out?

If they’re all fit and available just stick with the same line-up and formation/tactics.

Let’s continue to boost the confidence of those who have done well in the last two games and only worry about making changes when absolutely necessary!
Thought i was reading my own post for a sec there Alex :lol:

TracoShot

Post by TracoShot » Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:52 pm

Let's just stick to the current team and style of play....a 1-0 win will more than do for me.

Bob

Post by Bob » Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:05 pm

Never change a winning team particularly when you think how bad we were before the fish arrived in town

Anon E Mouse

Post by Anon E Mouse » Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:43 pm

A.T.F.C 92 wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:32 pm
CH wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:53 am
Might be forced into a personnel/formation change if KLF isn't fit
Broken nose should be OK Saturday
Thought it was his foot ?

Shot To Bits

Post by Shot To Bits » Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:01 am

Some interesting points made and that was the purpose of this thread....to create debate.

It sets an interesting poser when you talk about not changing a winning team. Many modern day managers do it more than you'd imagine, and still have success. Might be just a subtle player swap or formation switch based on the opposition.

If you steadfastly stuck to the same XI in the same formation, how do you know what else your players are capable of?

And if you have no plan B, what are you going to do if a couple of those players are unavailable?

Apply that logic to our team:

Prior to our 2 latest wins, Ox and KLF were considered by some to be just about the worst 2 players ever to wear an ATFC shirt. There was no way they should be in the team some would say.

Fast forward to today. Now they're undroppable according to some. What happened? How were they so bad, and now they're so good?

Well, they never really changed. MM gave them support with Jordan alongside and Sylla in front. Now their life is easier, they are not being exposed so much, they have been afforded extra protection.

Corie Andrews has now become the fall guy. Fans are starting to question his inclusion. From being in a partnership up top with support, he's now ploughing a lone furrow with little help and cutting a bit of a dejected figure. This is our top goalscorer.

I'd like to see MM experiment with different scenarios in certain situations.

If we did play 2 up front on Saturday and both strikers scored, we could be satisfied in the knowledge that we had more than 1 way of playing.

Fwiw I absolutely commend MM for his work in the last 2 games.

The changes he made prior to Grimsby were absolutely spot on, and whilst I felt he could have been a bit more adventurous against Torquay, the JBA substitution was a game winner.

Preston Shot

Post by Preston Shot » Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:37 am

I know one thing for sure...........The 4-3-3 formation is not for us !

stevieshot

Post by stevieshot » Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:59 am

We must not lose this game, so don't experiment.
Start with the same 11 if possible, and then adapt as the game unfolds. Who we put on the bench could be as important as the starting 11

Les Briley

Post by Les Briley » Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:22 am

stevieshot wrote:
Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:59 am
Start with the same 11 if possible, and then adapt as the game unfolds. Who we put on the bench could be as important as the starting 11
Get out of there without losing would do me, it was only on Saturday that Kings Lynn went in front twice at 4th place Bromley, & and only just lost 3-2

ATFC henry

Post by ATFC henry » Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:53 am

4 at the back leaves us very much exposed at the back with our current cbs missing so for now I think we should stick with the same formation. Be hard to beat first and foremost and if the game is there to be won maybe make a change in the last 20 mins or so.

I said to myself prior to Tuesdays win that from our next 3 fixtures I wanted at least 7 points, the win against Torquay has got us in a great position and we must capitalise. Saturday is a fantastic opportunity

Shot To Bits

Post by Shot To Bits » Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:15 am

Les Briley wrote:
Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:22 am
stevieshot wrote:
Get out of there without losing would do me, it was only on Saturday that Kings Lynn went in front twice at 4th place Bromley, & and only just lost 3-2
Both the players who scored in that 3-2 defeat will be unavailable. They scored 2 really good goals that day, the 1st player was on loan and has gone back to his parent club, and the 2nd scorer is injured.

Prior to the Stockport game, they had 3 defenders go down injured. They are down to the bare bones.

Cph.shots

Post by Cph.shots » Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:29 am

stevieshot wrote:
Agree with you on this and just hope the team don't get complacent.
No need to go mad and try to score 5, another raggardy arse 1-0 would be sufficient.
Be clinical, not flash.

IanShots

Post by IanShots » Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:32 am

It’s funny how we have good debate on here about an improved defence and nobody has mentioned the keeper.

When you have a keeper that has become prone to many mistakes the defence in front becomes wobbly to say the least, anyone that has watched football for many years and particularly Aldershot with some dodgy keepers will be well aware of that.

The new Walker is a huge step forward, he continually communicates to his defence, he dominates his area, he is bigger and stronger. I’m afraid Mitch Walker just didn’t tick those boxes, in fact he is a very quiet keeper.

It could be that Mitch is a better shot stopper than the new guy but if you are better organised all round then you have far less shots to save and hence you see the result.

Shot To Bits

Post by Shot To Bits » Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:43 am

IanShots wrote:
Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:32 am
It’s funny how we have good debate on here about an improved defence and nobody has mentioned the keeper.

When you have a keeper that has become prone to many mistakes the defence in front becomes wobbly to say the least, anyone that has watched football for many years and particularly Aldershot with some dodgy keepers will be well aware of that.

The new Walker is a huge step forward, he continually communicates to his defence, he dominates his area, he is bigger and stronger. I’m afraid Mitch Walker just didn’t tick those boxes, in fact he is a very quiet keeper.

It could be that Mitch is a better shot stopper than the new guy but if you are better organised all round then you have far less shots to save and hence you see the result.
Good post...

I thought Laurie had an undistinguished start against Barnet and Wrexham, but he was excellent against Grimsby, and when called upon on Tuesday did fine.

I did think at one point that Mitch was a better shot stopper than Laurie but not so sure now, and you are absolutely correct Laurie organises and communicates better, as well as commanding his area.

Laurie was a very good signing.

Charles Dickens

Post by Charles Dickens » Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:41 pm

Keeping the same winning team may or may not work, but it seems to be a lazy conclusion.
On the positive side keeping the same players allows team to become use to one another.
On the negative side the current strike formation is not scoring goals. Perhaps this needs fixing,
particularly as Kings Lynn appear to have a weak defence.

However this is all just fan chatter, as I am sure Mark will select what he considers his most effective
team capable of winning this game and to pocket those badly wanted 3 points.

COYS